• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Ugh - I didn't send off my two Spidey Unlimited 1 in my two submissions since they were just not that valuable.  Now it looks like they will need to get graded at the higher price.

19 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, I heard it was back in production again for Netflix series.

I've seen that posted but I haven't seen a source for it. The link I posted was an interview and he just said it was put on hold because of COVID. He doesn't say it's back in production.

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I've seen that posted but I haven't seen a source for it. The link I posted was an interview and he just said it was put on hold because of COVID. He doesn't say it's back in production.

I thought he had posted it on twitter, but I could be wrong. Ill go look in a bit.

Something's in the works with Magic Order because slab sales have increased in price a little recently and more people are posting the first issue.

I have about a dozen first issue variants and didn't realize anything was happening till I read this thread. 👍

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

2 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I don't think most stores bought 50 copies...

How many copies must a store purchase to qualify for a one per store?
I'm set on these thanks to Stadium Comics. And I purchased a couple of the one per store variants as well.

Edited by Bob Bain

36 minutes ago, Bob Bain said:

How many copies must a store purchase to qualify for a one per store?
I'm set on these thanks to Stadium Comics. And I purchased a couple of the one per store variants as well.

one

On 4/30/2021 at 5:25 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Nice copy! I just did some quick digging online but yet to find any actual verification of this truly being a first full color TMNT ad in a comic. The same seller (who has high ratings) also has a 9.6 up for $500. hm

The $1.50 you paid is a steal. Raw online they have been selling for quite a bit more: new age comics 1 fantagraphics in Collectible Comics | eBay

I've been looking for a high grade raw copy since you guys mentioned this comic last month and have put it on my want list on Mycomicshop. I think MCS only had a FN or VG raws lately. So I was excited to see an alert pop up today but its for a CGC 9.6

If anyone's interested in a graded copy (and probably get it for less than $500).

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=533191

4 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Something's in the works with Magic Order because slab sales have increased in price a little recently and more people are posting the first issue.

I have about a dozen first issue variants and didn't realize anything was happening till I read this thread. 👍

Yes, it was posted on KC.

1 hour ago, Avi said:

Any predictions on Bad Idea's Pizza detective one shot thats coming out tomorrow?

Seems like a lot of local places allowed you to give them your payment information in advance and Midtown has had it available for a while. I don’t think it’ll be too hard for people to get a copy, but I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Seems like a lot of local places allowed you to give them your payment information in advance and Midtown has had it available for a while. I don’t think it’ll be too hard for people to get a copy, but I could be wrong. 

Another hard pass. I hope their strategy works with readers eventually. Right now I have no desire to even speculate on them. Too many other options that require less work.

Edited by fastballspecial

9 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I guess this is why I buy Image #1s out of the 50 cent box if they look remotely interesting. Crazy how titles like Revival and Morning Glories ( and Chew, Elephantmen, and Skullkcikers any number of other books that came out and are now seemingly forgotten) seem to have no interest right now given that they were actually popular when they came out and have enough material for a couple of seasons of scripts already. I never heard of this one. It was $7-10 in February, I would have bought it in the cheap box though as the cover art looks promising. I was commenting to myself how it is sad that Image has so many titles that started out strong, but only lasted 5-12 issues or so (as well as the above, which had much deeper runs). I guess the creators of many of those books did not have a long term --script in mind. 

Edited by the blob

14 minutes ago, the blob said:

I guess this is why I buy Image #1s out of the 50 cent box if they look remotely interesting. Crazy how titles like Revival and Morning Glories ( and Chew, Elephantmen, and Skullkcikers any number of other books that came out and are now seemingly forgotten) seem to have no interest right now given that they were actually popular when they came out and have enough material for a couple of seasons of scripts already. I never heard of this one. It was $7-10 in February, I would have bought it in the cheap box though as the cover art looks promising. I was commenting to myself how it is sad that Image has so many titles that started out strong, but only lasted 5-12 issues or so (as well as the above, which had much deeper runs). I guess the creators of many of those books did not have a long term ----script in mind. 

Revival was a rough one. i continued to read long after the hype died. I think there was option news and then ABC (I think) unveiled a show with an all-too-similar plot. I think it was called the Returned or something like that. 

Edited by awakeintheashes