• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Metalocalypse Dethklok 1 .. animated film in the works 

FINALLY!!

The Goon / Metalocalypse series has always done well so I am sure this will give it another bump.

The Roxo episodes are great.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

It's a pressman cover that is hard to find 

If it's the Pressman issue, that would make sense.  It's been desirable for awhile. 

The regular cover, that would be pretty silly. 

Patrick 

4 hours ago, BishopT said:

Department of Truth 1 5th print secret variant.

Glad you brought up DoT. 

Every new issue is selling out within a day of release in many of our shops.  One is quite large (healthy size orders). 

I'm sure the optioning news really kicked it off, but I thought we'd see some drop off by now on the new issues. 

Seeing the same thing in your local shops?  Or just a local issue?

Patrick 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

FINALLY!!

The Goon / Metalocalypse series has always done well so I am sure this will give it another bump.

For me, Dethklok vs Goon seemed like a great match. 

But it ended up being one of my least favorite Goon books.  Just didn't trigger for me. 

Patrick 

Yeah, they’re selling out within a couple of weeks of release. It’s one of the hotter indies around here for sure.

And on Bitter Root, it has some local creators working on it so that book has always been kind of hot around here. The early issues (1-3) are pretty much impossible around here since about a year ago.

4 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Glad you brought up DoT. 

Every new issue is selling out within a day of release in many of our shops.  One is quite large (healthy size orders). 

I'm sure the optioning news really kicked it off, but I thought we'd see some drop off by now on the new issues. 

Seeing the same thing in your local shops?  Or just a local issue?

Patrick 

What has your experience been with Stray Dogs? Just curious, I've really been enjoying that series

11 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

If it's the Pressman issue, that would make sense.  It's been desirable for awhile. 

The regular cover, that would be pretty silly. 

Patrick 

The market is silly right now. With uninformed hucksters getting nostalgic about dollar bin dreck, it's not surprising that they are leading their uninformed followers straight to our stockpiles of stuff we've contemplated giving away 100 times. Hold onto your butts. 

8 hours ago, the blob said:

maybe copper, X-Men 11 is selling for $15-20+ based on it being some sort of "iconic cover" ?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=x-men+11+lee&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Yes to copper, but regardless, if it's not the Pressman variant, I really don't see any appeal here over other nearby issues. 

I was even going to suggest 24 as a post-Lee alternative but see that one is already going for decent money itself.

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

Yes to copper, but regardless, if it's not the Pressman variant, I really don't see any appeal here over other nearby issues. 

I was even going to suggest 24 as a post-Lee alternative but see that one is already going for decent money itself.

I'm just noting many sales. Not saying I would buy it. Crazy i sold a nice 4 here in December for $13 or $14. That book kind of makes sense sort of.

11 hours ago, the blob said:

I guess this is why I buy Image #1s out of the 50 cent box if they look remotely interesting. Crazy how titles like Revival and Morning Glories ( and Chew, Elephantmen, and Skullkcikers any number of other books that came out and are now seemingly forgotten) seem to have no interest right now given that they were actually popular when they came out and have enough material for a couple of seasons of scripts already. I never heard of this one. It was $7-10 in February, I would have bought it in the cheap box though as the cover art looks promising. I was commenting to myself how it is sad that Image has so many titles that started out strong, but only lasted 5-12 issues or so (as well as the above, which had much deeper runs). I guess the creators of many of those books did not have a long term ---script in mind. 

Somewhat on topic... I really hope that Sixth Gun gets its movie/TV day in the sun.  I remember how a lot of us (with a short box of Sixth Gun) were eagerly awaiting the pilot to get picked up.  It, unfortunately, was passed on.  It is such a great book; I really hope it gets made some day.  Fun Fact - Pedro Pascal was in the NBC pilot.  

6 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

FINALLY!!

It was already a long running show with Mark Hamill. But if it was more than two months ago the new money doesn’t know that.

Eh, anyway, it’s straight to DVD. Yup, you read that correctly.

And we all know the Aqua Teen will be better anyway.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

I'm just noting many sales. Not saying I would buy it. Crazy i sold a nice 4 here in December for $13 or $14. That book kind of makes sense sort of.

I had a 1-7 lot sell for over $100 about a month ago in auction; about triple what I was expecting. I thought it was a fluke/bidding war, but maybe Jim Lee’s V2 run is gaining steam?

1 minute ago, Hekla said:

I had a 1-7 lot sell for over $100 about a month ago in auction; about triple what I was expecting. I thought it was a fluke/bidding war, but maybe Jim Lee’s V2 run is gaining steam?

4 and 5 as a set are regularly $60-80+. And one of the 1s is on demand.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It was already a long running show with Mark Hamill. But if it was more than two months ago the new money doesn’t know that.

I really think you underestimate the power of Rockzo the rock and roll clown

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I'm thinking HBO Max as well. They seem to have all the adult swim content. Classic adult swim was king. I also heard Venture brothers is returning!