• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

It’s going to be a Venture Brothers Movie. Pretty excited. Now if Adam Reed would ever finish Frisky Dingo I could die happy. Lol. 

+1000000000

D32CC076-03E8-4AE9-9D56-B1556092ADD9.gif.76cd2f15b2e2ab664f81dbaaed75db1b.gif

I really want to find out why Killface wasn’t wearing pants. Loved all the inside jokes/references to FD on Archer. 

3398CDD0-3A96-4CF1-BECD-E06AA28155A1.gif

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Let me when you do.  All the prices spiked overnight

I flipped mine for a quick $8-9 or so profit after i pay for fees and shipping, which offsets the other stuff I bought yesterday (overpaid for  back issue copy of bitter root 6 that I hope ebay prices catch up to and others). too bad the shop was limiting it to 1 per customer, they had plenty. i could have tried to be greedy and ask for a few more $, but i wonder when the flood of these comes? or is it just a few big shops that have them? why wouldn't a lot of shops get some at $1 each, weird ordering requirements?

15 minutes ago, the blob said:

I flipped mine for a quick $8-9 or so profit after i pay for fees and shipping, which offsets the other stuff I bought yesterday (overpaid for  back issue copy of bitter root 6 that I hope ebay prices catch up to and others). too bad the shop was limiting it to 1 per customer, they had plenty. i could have tried to be greedy and ask for a few more $, but i wonder when the flood of these comes? or is it just a few big shops that have them? why wouldn't a lot of shops get some at $1 each, weird ordering requirements?

I was asking one of my friends about this and he said that shops are required to send all the extra copies back to the distributor after midnight last night.

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

Let me know if it's a good story.  Book is inching up on ebay to 20 bucks now... 

Edited by Wolverinex

22 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Glad you brought up DoT. 

Every new issue is selling out within a day of release in many of our shops.  One is quite large (healthy size orders). 

I'm sure the optioning news really kicked it off, but I thought we'd see some drop off by now on the new issues. 

Seeing the same thing in your local shops?  Or just a local issue?

Patrick 

Tynion mentioned this is in his most recent blog. It looks like more people are checking it out. 

The exciting thing with Department of Truth right now is we’re seeing sales go up, issue-by-issue. We were up almost 14K between Issues 8 & 9, so I just want to say how grateful we are that folks are buying into this completely insane series. Out of everything I’m doing, it feels like this would be one of the more polarizing books, but we’ve got a loyal fanbase who are excited to go down the rabbit hole with us.

24 minutes ago, the blob said:

or is it just a few big shops that have them? why wouldn't a lot of shops get some at $1 each, weird ordering requirements?

You have to be part of the Bad Idea retailer network, and yes there are a lot of ordering requirements to be part of the program. Also, the book could only be sold yesterday at 1 per customer.

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

+1000000000

D32CC076-03E8-4AE9-9D56-B1556092ADD9.gif.76cd2f15b2e2ab664f81dbaaed75db1b.gif

I really want to find out why Killface wasn’t wearing pants. Loved all the inside jokes/references to FD on Archer. 

3398CDD0-3A96-4CF1-BECD-E06AA28155A1.gif

A few of Frisky Dingos characters actually appeared in Archer. Mr Ford and Simone both appeared in different episodes. 

Just now, Corona smith said:

A few of Frisky Dingos characters actually appeared in Archer. Mr Ford and Simone both appeared in different episodes. 

Oh yeah, I lost my s when Mr. Ford showed up. 

26 minutes ago, kimik said:

Tynion mentioned this is in his most recent blog. It looks like more people are checking it out. 

The exciting thing with Department of Truth right now is we’re seeing sales go up, issue-by-issue. We were up almost 14K between Issues 8 & 9, so I just want to say how grateful we are that folks are buying into this completely insane series. Out of everything I’m doing, it feels like this would be one of the more polarizing books, but we’ve got a loyal fanbase who are excited to go down the rabbit hole with us.

Thanks for the confirmation.  

I've seen numerous titles where there is mid-issue spikes (like Thor or DD), but they don't seem to continue going up for very long.  Very curious to see how this pans out.

Can only make #1 more and more desirable. 

Patrick 

26 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Thanks for the confirmation.  

I've seen numerous titles where there is mid-issue spikes (like Thor or DD), but they don't seem to continue going up for very long.  Very curious to see how this pans out.

Can only make #1 more and more desirable. 

Patrick 

Definitely re: #1, and the first few issues as well. There were noticeably fewer copies of 2 - 4 on the shelves of LCSs.

Tynion is firing on all cylinders right now with his books. I wonder how much above 400K in sales his books did this month. Batman 108 sold over 200K copies according to his blog, and SIKTC #16 topped 155K. Add in Joker and DoT (and Wynd? not sure if an issue came out), and it was a heck of a month for him. 

6 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I just saw that a raw SIKTC 1 1st print sold for $700 yesterday. I only have one copy but I’m tempted to let it go.

If you don't have any real attachments,  let it go... markets are looking shakey... bubble time maybe on its last legs

12 minutes ago, kimik said:

Definitely re: #1, and the first few issues as well. There were noticeably fewer copies of 2 - 4 on the shelves of LCSs.

Tynion is firing on all cylinders right now with his books. I wonder how much above 400K in sales his books did this month. Batman 108 sold over 200K copies according to his blog, and SIKTC #16 topped 155K. Add in Joker and DoT (and Wynd? not sure if an issue came out), and it was a heck of a month for him. 

Yeah, the shop I was at had about 150 unsold copies of 108 and a stack of 107, but 108 just came out?

8 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I just saw that a raw SIKTC 1 1st print sold for $700 yesterday. I only have one copy but I’m tempted to let it go.

That is almost where 9.8s were 6 minutes ago

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

You have to be part of the Bad Idea retailer network, and yes there are a lot of ordering requirements to be part of the program. Also, the book could only be sold yesterday at 1 per customer.

Also, I don't think Bad Idea made these available to order. If I'm not mistaken, they just shipped them out to stores.