• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

If anyone is still specing on SIKTC I think the Frison foil variant is waaaaaay undervalued. If anything ever happens with the property that image will become part of the show or film or whatever. Maybe even the movie poster. Cover A doesn't have that sort of potential IMO. Not saying it should be worth more than Cover A necessarily but IMO it should be much closer  

E: of course all of the hype is based on the presumption that this will be developed... which might be enough interest to ensure it does get optioned somewhere :kidaround:

Edited by BoogieWoogie

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I was asking one of my friends about this and he said that shops are required to send all the extra copies back to the distributor after midnight last night.

Huh? No way this shop sold them all then. Place was empty and it was after 5. 

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

I can’t believe a book from less than 2 years ago with at least a 33k order run is going for this much. This is wild.

Nothing like a bit of TV/movie speculation to help prices on any book. (thumbsu

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

I just saw that a raw SIKTC 1 1st print sold for $700 yesterday. I only have one copy but I’m tempted to let it go.

Seriously! 700 for a raw!!! thats insane. I need to dig out my copy and sell while the going is good.

And for those of you that do not read Tynion's blog (https://jamestynioniv.substack.com/about?utm_source=menu-dropdown), here is a snippet on Wynd that you may want to take note of:

So yeah, If you have any teens who love fantasy in your lives or in your shops, or really anyone who loves coming-of-age fantasy adventure stories with queer characters, you should put a copy of WYND vol. 1 in their hands, and get them to put Wynd on their pull-lists.

Also: Not to put too fine a point on it, but I miiiiiiiiiiiiiight have some meetings in the next few weeks that, if they go well, could make it worthwhile to get on this series on the ground floor.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

And for those of you that do not read Tynion's blog (https://jamestynioniv.substack.com/about?utm_source=menu-dropdown), here is a snippet on Wynd that you may want to take note of:

So yeah, If you have any teens who love fantasy in your lives or in your shops, or really anyone who loves coming-of-age fantasy adventure stories with queer characters, you should put a copy of WYND vol. 1 in their hands, and get them to put Wynd on their pull-lists.

Also: Not to put too fine a point on it, but I miiiiiiiiiiiiiight have some meetings in the next few weeks that, if they go well, could make it worthwhile to get on this series on the ground floor.

So he is really pumping to speculators?

IMO, SIKTC still has room to grow if it really is going to make it on a streamer. I do think it will and I think it will be popular. That genre does well and it fits with what Netflix does. Budget wouldn't be that high either so I bet it gets done. Im hanging onto all my SIKTC books for a while longer. I spec'd on Jupiter's Legacy a couple years ago and I think one reason it isn't resonating well is just the saturation of super-hero tv series (and the quality of them). SIKTC will feel original and fresh in comparison. Wider audience. 

As for the bubble, I think its gonna take a recession or something hitting the economy to significantly slow it down, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

So he is really pumping to speculators?

He is a smart creative trying to generate interest in his work. I have no issue with that. It is the creators like Cates that pimp their stuff then get pissy with speculators that I don't care for.

22 minutes ago, kimik said:

He is a smart creative trying to generate interest in his work. I have no issue with that. It is the creators like Cates that pimp their stuff then get pissy with speculators that I don't care for.

"Get in on ground floor" sounds hypish

21 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yeah they limit one per customer and everything else gets sent back. So if the hero becomes important in the future this may be pretty rare

Not everyone can get to a shop on wed. That is dumb

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:
1 hour ago, the blob said:

Huh? No way this shop sold them all then. Place was empty and it was after 5. 

Yeah they limit one per customer and everything else gets sent back. So if the hero becomes important in the future this may be pretty rare

This was all supposed to be a way to try to get in the good graces with retailers after getting allocated on Eniac #1.

I don’t think retailers had to pay for these copies. The only rules were that could not “sell” the books until Wednesday and that all unsold copies had to be returned. 

I put sell in quotes because shops could take your payment info ahead of time and just not run your sale until Wednesday. 

Edited by awakeintheashes