• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I would sure LOVE to see a Clone series. 

Was bummed when it ended at 20.  Just didn't seem to get the love it should have.

Patrick

I think Orphan Black came out shortly after Clone got a few issues in, which stole some of their thunder.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Frisky Dingo, so great. I was a huge Sealab fan, and it feels like Frisky Dingo got lost in the shuffle between Sealab and Archer.

"Who was that?"
"That's Steve, from Ant Baby Machete Squad."
"We have an Ant Baby Machete Squad?!"
"Yeah, that guy Steve's on it."

Still my favorite lines.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

I probably could have just come back and bought another one. I should have gone there before my haircut and come back 40 minutes later rather than after my haircut.

Color me jealous.  I get a haircut, and go back, they’d frown and say, ‘C’mon, buddy... one per.  You were just here five minutes ago!’  :insane:

9 hours ago, 500Club said:

Color me jealous.  I get a haircut, and go back, they’d frown and say, ‘C’mon, buddy... one per.  You were just here five minutes ago!’  :insane:

I had not gotten a haircut since september. My hair was pretty long. She took a long time on it. So they might have forgotten me or it might have been a different cashier (this was midtown comics, they have a few employees). Then again, their computer might have flagged this.

18 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I thought I read that Matt Thompson and Adam Reed had a falling out, which cause FD to end abruptly. There was a Xtacles show that Matt Thompson did which never really took off and Adam Reed went on to do Archer. But, I don’t know if that’s really what happened because their production company does Archer.  

Thats what I heard as well but MT was involved with and is still with Archer. I think AR was burnt out as well because he was doing a majority of the voices. 

22 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Was it a good read? 

Patrick

Sorry, I meant the TV show, not the comic. 1st season was good but never got past it due to time. IDK how the Orphan Black comic is. 

Just now, fastballspecial said:
On 5/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, followtheleader said:

I would sure LOVE to see a Clone series. 

Was bummed when it ended at 20.  Just didn't seem to get the love it should have.

Patrick

I bought 5 copies Last week for $1 piece I figure not much to lose.

I've lost track of how many I've purchased for $1 over the years. At one point, I stopped and asked myself if this was my Blackacre. 

14 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I've lost track of how many I've purchased for $1 over the years. At one point, I stopped and asked myself if this was my Blackacre. 

I grabbed quite a few #1s too.  Scared I got rid of the dupes, but maybe not.  Fingers crossed. 

Patrick 

On 5/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, Wolverinex said:

Wow, I was bidding on Hank Howard and it went  higher then I expected.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164863540601?hash=item2662a1fd79:g:ZhEAAOSw4eFgnH33&autorefresh=true

That is crazy. There were numerous $1 sales the day of release. It would not surprise me if someone from the publisher or someone with 500 copies is pumping up auctions.

Why would shops have sent them back at the end of the day? Why not claim they all sold and sell them under a different account.

I dumped mine quick, figuring this made no sense when here were huge stacks of the book sitting there at the shop, but what do I know? very little it seems.

20 minutes ago, the blob said:

That is crazy. There were numerous $1 sales the day of release. It would not surprise me if someone from the publisher or someone with 500 copies is pumping up auctions.

Why would shops have sent them back at the end of the day? Why not claim they all sold and sell them under a different account.

I dumped mine quick, figuring this made no sense when here were huge stacks of the book sitting there at the shop, but what do I know? very little it seems.

The $1 sales were likely Bad Idea retailers selling copies on eBay for the Bad Idea-mandated price of no more than cover price. After that day, they had to return unsold copies, so the only sales would be flippers, who are of course going to mark everything up.