• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Action 9 New 52 and Final Crisis 7 have percolated again. It doesn't seem that the movie ambiguity has hurt them. I got back copies that were returned after they got damaged in shipping and it looks like I will get as much for them damaged as I did when they were high grade. I was in such a mad rush to get rid of my many copies of #9 when it looked like the hype had faded for for 3 minutes

13 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The $1 sales were likely Bad Idea retailers selling copies on eBay for the Bad Idea-mandated price of no more than cover price. After that day, they had to return unsold copies, so the only sales would be flippers, who are of course going to mark everything up.

How does anyone prove what was unsold, that's my point? This book was an easy $10+ sell Wed evening. Wouldn't shops just have said they sold out and then sold them on different accounts or have an employee sell their copies.

I should have taken 20 copies and shoved them in some obscure part of the back issue bins and come back later. If I was actually working near the shop still rather than working from home and this being a 2 hour round trip for me I probably would have.

Y'all know I love Yara Flor so take this with a BIG grain of salt because I am as invested in this character as I have been in any in maybe my whole time in comics but...

Future State Wonder Woman 1 is starting to move a little bit, could be something to watch going forward...

The first 9.8's of cover A to hit the market were going for just $50 back in February. The last 9.8 of cover A went for...

Capture2.thumb.PNG.94077ce975085f97205460eb13298d3d.PNG

And there's a listing that ends in a few days sitting just under $100...

Capture3.thumb.PNG.6d5de4977cd0f2725a01e77c5c4a707b.PNG

Could this book heat up even more if Wonder Girl #1 is as well received next week as FFWW 1+2 were? Wouldn't be surprising to see people go back and try to score her first app after trying the new #1, would it? Or do most people that are grabbing Wonder Girl #1 already have a copy of FFWW1? Raw copies are going for $15-25 + shipping for cover A. Cover B seems to fetch about $10 on the secondary market so far...

Just between you and me though... :gossip:

...you can still pick up FFWW1 Cover B below cover price. Not as hot as A but I don't think there will be a big gap between these. Frison's cover B is awesome. But then I liked her cover B for Department of Truth and that has lagged more behind cover A than I anticipated. I say all that to say, as always, buyer beware if you're grabbing these for spec: https://www.tfaw.com/1120dc052-future-state-wonder-woman-1-of-2-cover-b-jenny-frison-card-stock-variant.html     

I exhausted TFAW's FFWW1 2nd prints this morning - they had 10 left - and I grabbed... a couple copies of cover B to say the least. Just in case :foryou:

52 minutes ago, the blob said:

How does anyone prove what was unsold, that's my point? This book was an easy $10+ sell Wed evening. Wouldn't shops just have said they sold out and then sold them on different accounts or have an employee sell their copies.

I should have taken 20 copies and shoved them in some obscure part of the back issue bins and come back later. If I was actually working near the shop still rather than working from home and this being a 2 hour round trip for me I probably would have.

I guess there are ways to manipulate that but I  guess most shops would try to maintain good relations with  bad idea and not gamify the process.

Hank Howard Pizza Detective is still ranging around 65 copies on ebay, but I  imagine the number will dwindle as they are sold.

Getting a copy in the mail soon to read, and see if the story is any good.  Could be a good one to hold if he turns to to  be an  interesting character and Bad idea evolves his storyline.

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

my buddy  texted me his CGC results and he got a Last Ronin  1 Cover A 9.9!  How much would you guys recommend pricing it if he decides to sell  it?

Seems like 9.8s are ranging around $190-250 right now....

Here are some recent 9.9 sales/auctions: last ronin 1 cgc 9.9 in Collectible Comics | eBay

29 minutes ago, raybowles said:

How much is a raw Clone #1 selling for?

Not much, typically under $10. I guess the feeling is that once all the cheap copies on ebay get bought up then prices can go up over $10. If there is a flurry of buying that can happen.

seriously, the deadpool rookie card nonsense is back? I was late to the party last time and my dreams of selling these for $20-25 each were smashed and I wound up selling them for under $9 each, but now they're back up to $20+???  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=x-force+1+deadpool+card&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

8 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Y'all know I love Yara Flor so take this with a BIG grain of salt because I am as invested in this character as I have been in any in maybe my whole time in comics but...

Future State Wonder Woman 1 is starting to move a little bit, could be something to watch going forward...

The first 9.8's of cover A to hit the market were going for just $50 back in February. The last 9.8 of cover A went for...

Capture2.thumb.PNG.94077ce975085f97205460eb13298d3d.PNG

And there's a listing that ends in a few days sitting just under $100...

Capture3.thumb.PNG.6d5de4977cd0f2725a01e77c5c4a707b.PNG

Could this book heat up even more if Wonder Girl #1 is as well received next week as FFWW 1+2 were? Wouldn't be surprising to see people go back and try to score her first app after trying the new #1, would it? Or do most people that are grabbing Wonder Girl #1 already have a copy of FFWW1? Raw copies are going for $15-25 + shipping for cover A. Cover B seems to fetch about $10 on the secondary market so far...

Just between you and me though... :gossip:

...you can still pick up FFWW1 Cover B below cover price. Not as hot as A but I don't think there will be a big gap between these. Frison's cover B is awesome. But then I liked her cover B for Department of Truth and that has lagged more behind cover A than I anticipated. I say all that to say, as always, buyer beware if you're grabbing these for spec: https://www.tfaw.com/1120dc052-future-state-wonder-woman-1-of-2-cover-b-jenny-frison-card-stock-variant.html     

I exhausted TFAW's FFWW1 2nd prints this morning - they had 10 left - and I grabbed... a couple copies of cover B to say the least. Just in case :foryou:

How's TFAW's shipping? Any problems with damaged books or condition less than expected? I've never ordered from them.

3 minutes ago, comixry said:

How's TFAW's shipping? Any problems with damaged books or condition less than expected? I've never ordered from them.

I haven't used them much but so far I haven't had any issues. When you get raw books from them they're just stacked in a single plastic sleeve but the box it comes in is well padded. Everything I've ordered has arrived in good condition as expected, they only sell new books.

For the FFWW1 Cover B order I placed I paid for them to individually bag and board them at $.25 per which is high but the books were 20% off cover after release too and I think I'll probably CGC a bunch of them so I thought it was worth it to pay a bit more to protect them a bit better. But I haven't had issues with them. Or Midtown for that matter and I think some folks around here have had issues with them. Maybe I've just been lucky so far...

47 minutes ago, comixry said:

If you order in bulk it's fine. Low-quantity orders ship in mailers that are prone to bends and damage. Luckily that hasn't happened to me. 

One thing I've experienced recently is that pre-orders are taking FOREVER to ship, if they ship at all. Some books they claim weren't shipped by Diamond or were damaged. I've got a HRA Variant that's been pending forever. I've taken my pre-order/FOC business elsewhere recently and will likely get next week's street date books from my new retailer before I get books released 3 weeks ago from TFAW. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

39 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I haven't used them much but so far I haven't had any issues. When you get raw books from them they're just stacked in a single plastic sleeve but the box it comes in is well padded. Everything I've ordered has arrived in good condition as expected, they only sell new books.

For the FFWW1 Cover B order I placed I paid for them to individually bag and board them at $.25 per which is high but the books were 20% off cover after release too and I think I'll probably CGC a bunch of them so I thought it was worth it to pay a bit more to protect them a bit better. But I haven't had issues with them. Or Midtown for that matter and I think some folks around here have had issues with them. Maybe I've just been lucky so far...

With Midtown, I've never had issues with larger orders - such as bundles of 25 at a time. They wrap/box those well. It is the smaller orders like 1 to 10 ish were the packaging is not tight enough and I've had some impacted/crunched corners because of this. However, recently I received one Whalesville from them and was surprised there was no damage. The comic was bagged, and wrapped in their paper bag folded once inside a Gemini mailer - not secured so it was moving around during shipping. It's hit and miss with them in these cases from my experience so they are not my first choice for smaller orders.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

11 hours ago, the blob said:

Action 9 New 52 and Final Crisis 7 have percolated again. It doesn't seem that the movie ambiguity has hurt them. I got back copies that were returned after they got damaged in shipping and it looks like I will get as much for them damaged as I did when they were high grade. I was in such a mad rush to get rid of my many copies of #9 when it looked like the hype had faded for for 3 minutes

So I read my friends copy of hank howard and it was pretty good.  A little short but well written. 

What blew me away was the 2nd hidden story.  Save now.  That was a delightful surprise. Awesome hero 

Edited by Wolverinex