• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comixry said:

How's TFAW's shipping? Any problems with damaged books or condition less than expected? I've never ordered from them.

I ordered Star Wars High Republic #1 from them. It never arrived (tracking shows that it was shipped and stopped moving somewhere in New Jersey.) I contacted them and they refunded me. So not sure how well they pack, but at least they're good on customer service in regards to shipping.

29 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I ordered Star Wars High Republic #1 from them. It never arrived (tracking shows that it was shipped and stopped moving somewhere in New Jersey.) I contacted them and they refunded me. So not sure how well they pack, but at least they're good on customer service in regards to shipping.

Yeah, their customer service is great. They are just going through a tough patch of employee turnover, Diamond issues, and catching up from some of the weather issues that caused disruptions. I'm sure I'll go back once they get the processing times down, but for now I'm preordering books with other retailers.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

They sent me a copy of ASM #61A instead of the Cho variant I wanted and they just let me keep the one that they already sent me and sent out a copy of the Cho variant for free. As @awakeintheashesmentioned they send single issues in a very slight mailer with virtually no protection. Luckily my issue arrived undamaged but if it hadn't happened to have been handled with care it would've been ruined. 

Now that others mentioned it I've only every done fairly large orders through them. I have my preorders set to all be sent once a month so the only time I've ever received a single issue was to correct the aforementioned mishap.

2 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I haven't used them much but so far I haven't had any issues. When you get raw books from them they're just stacked in a single plastic sleeve but the box it comes in is well padded. Everything I've ordered has arrived in good condition as expected, they only sell new books.

For the FFWW1 Cover B order I placed I paid for them to individually bag and board them at $.25 per which is high but the books were 20% off cover after release too and I think I'll probably CGC a bunch of them so I thought it was worth it to pay a bit more to protect them a bit better. But I haven't had issues with them. Or Midtown for that matter and I think some folks around here have had issues with them. Maybe I've just been lucky so far...

What is FFWW1? Are you saying Future State Wonder Woman 1? I see it like that every time from you and am not sure if I am missing something?

Just now, PeterPark said:

What is FFWW1? Are you saying Future State Wonder Woman 1? I see it like that every time from you and am not sure if I am missing something?

Correct. TFAW still has copies of Cover B below cover price if Yara's a character you like. I guess make sure you order enough copies to make sure they're shipped in a box and not one of their tiny mailers though lol 

16 hours ago, comixry said:

How's TFAW's shipping? Any problems with damaged books or condition less than expected? I've never ordered from them.

As others have said, single books shipped are risky as they come in a bendable thin-cardboard envelope (not easily bendable, though. No problems at my end. Yet!). Multiple books come in a gemini; sometimes the books are taped down, sometimes not. Meaning some shipments see the comics bounce around in transit, and could be damaged. I got a shipment like this last week and I have yet to check if the books are ok.

I have heard from a friend that dealing with their Customer Service is like talking to yourself. No response, no action. This was in relation to books never shipped or received.

Edited by Frank.Einstein

7 hours ago, Frank.Einstein said:

I have heard from a friend that dealing with their Customer Service is like talking to yourself. No response, no action. This was in relation to books never shipped or received.

Everyone I know who orders from TFAW agree on one thing. They have the best Customer Service Period. The quickest way to get into touch with them is via the chat feature during business hours through their website. 

So why/when exactly did the Joker: Year of the Villain Parrillo A cover surpass the B cover?  The one latest GPA purchase for the A has to be an outlier. I didn't even think to send these last few in for Parrillo sigs.

Joker Parrillo A.jpg

Edited by Ron C.

24 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I grabbed a couple copies of Ghost Rider 28 recently but I was thinking about whatever dumb card they included in the polybagged version lol 

there's a poster.. the Midnight sons 1-6 as a set is valuable.. all those 90s sets are good.. Midnight Massacre, XCutioners, Fatal Attractions

Star Wars Mara Jade By the Emperor's Hand #1 starting to move with news Brie Larson playing Luke Skywalker's wife.  Although I think her first appearance in comics is in Heir to the Empire #1. Disney sure is starting to re-use their actors in different platforms & franchises (Disney, Disney+, ABC, Marvel, Star Wars, etc).

https://www.insider.com/star-wars-actors-in-marvel-movies-2020-5

6 hours ago, comixry said:

Star Wars Mara Jade By the Emperor's Hand #1 starting to move with news Brie Larson playing Luke Skywalker's wife.  Although I think her first appearance in comics is in Heir to the Empire #1. Disney sure is starting to re-use their actors in different platforms & franchises (Disney, Disney+, ABC, Marvel, Star Wars, etc).

https://www.insider.com/star-wars-actors-in-marvel-movies-2020-5

WGTC original "report". Pass...

Disney sure is starting to re-use their actors in different platforms & franchises (Disney, Disney+, ABC, Marvel, Star Wars, etc).--- that has been their thing. build loyalty. play nice on one marvel/disney project and you have a decent shot at getting another one down the road. That's why you know Dr. Aphra is most likely Chloe Bennett and, if not her, Jessica Henwick (I think Bennett looks the part a bit more). Henwick already had small parts in Star Wars movies, so that might be an issue, that would be re-use within the same universe. Stark contrast to DC/Warner. Marvel realizes it has a pretty darn good Murdock/DD in Charlie Cox. Why re-cast him when DD comes to the movies? Would DC/Warner EVER do that? Sure, DC did it with Routh, Shipp, Slater, and Cain, but those were old folks playing old folks. Dunno if Mehcad Brooks being in Mortal COmabt had anything to do with it or how involved Warner was in that.

Edited by the blob