• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, comixry said:

Star Wars Mara Jade By the Emperor's Hand #1 starting to move with news Brie Larson playing Luke Skywalker's wife.  Although I think her first appearance in comics is in Heir to the Empire #1. Disney sure is starting to re-use their actors in different platforms & franchises (Disney, Disney+, ABC, Marvel, Star Wars, etc).

https://www.insider.com/star-wars-actors-in-marvel-movies-2020-5

I'll believe that when I see a reputable source report it. I just don't see how they could do Mara Jade.

6 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Hey Modern Nerds!  Been getting into the Red Goblin storyline and looking to add a CGC 9.8 copy to the collection.

What's THE book to buy?

***Too many variants/copies

ASM 798, but you'll have your pick of a zillion or many covers but that's the 1st appearance 

I usually go with cover A when there are so many variants 

I got a 9.8 signed by Alex Ross, as cover A is an Alex Ross cover

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ASM 798, but you'll have your pick of a zillion or many covers but that's the 1st appearance 

I usually go with cover A when there are so many variants 

I got a 9.8 signed by Alex Ross, as cover A is an Alex Ross cover

Bought:applause:.  I'm a big Alex Ross fan (like everybody else) so this one is perfect.  Thanks for the recommendation.

***Also looking at the 799 (love that cover)

Untitled.png.3bbab9896f7d8233448633e5085eb03b.png

images.jpg.c65cd6fa571871a1ff9e3396ce1c5c96.jpg

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss

7 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Bought:applause:.  I'm a big Alex Ross fan (like everybody else) so this one is perfect.  Thanks for the recommendation.

***Also looking at the 799 (love that cover)

Untitled.png.3bbab9896f7d8233448633e5085eb03b.png

images.jpg.c65cd6fa571871a1ff9e3396ce1c5c96.jpg

Oh and it's been long enough ahem for story spoilers, 799 a child has a moment of touch with the carnage Symbiote,  that some refer to as " goblin child", now I havent read that issue but I've read 800 and it would seem that the will of the child would be against any goblin influences by the end of #800.

That said, if it ever came up lol

I dont want to be guilty on omission  :roflmao:

But to the point I dont know that there has been any real character development of ahem the character.... so your on the ground floor with the rest of us to my knowledge 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Silly autocorrect 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh and it's been long enough ahem for story spoilers, 799 a child has a moment of touch with the carnage Symbiote,  that some refer to as " goblin child", now I havent read that issue but I've read 800 and it would seem that the will of the child would be against any goblin influences by the end of #800.

That said, if it ever came up lol

I dont want to be guilty on omission  :roflmao:

But to the point I dont know that there has been any real character development of ahem the character.... so your on the ground floor with the rest of us to my knowledge 

Had to edit

Thor 5 (2007) Lady Loki were steadily selling at $40-50 raw on E-Bay. Doesn't seem to be much of price difference yet between the standard vs variant cover yet. Asking prices are now upwards of $50-90 each for raw and graded copies for sale are almost non existent aside from a single 9.6 on E-Bay for $944.99. Rumor is, Lady Loki is going to be a fan favorite. hm

9 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Boughtlol.  Doesn't take much to convince me to buy comics.

***I might end up getting the final book just to complete the storyline

Untitled.png.30e242e5f17608891694ba7612116a19.png

It's cool if you get #800 cause I'm not sure by reading #800 that something may come of goblin childe, but it's the 1st full if it does

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Boughtlol.  Doesn't take much to convince me to buy comics.

***I might end up getting the final book just to complete the storyline

Untitled.png.30e242e5f17608891694ba7612116a19.png

congrats on the 798. Did you see the Unknown comics edition yet? I happen to like that one out of all the variants myself. Nice since he's on the cover for his first appearance. Its a great book to pick up if you're liking the character IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Thor 5 (2007) Lady Loki were steadily selling at $40-50 raw on E-Bay. Doesn't seem to be much of price difference yet between the standard vs variant cover yet. Asking prices are now upwards of $50-90 each for raw and graded copies for sale are almost non existent aside from a single 9.6 on E-Bay for $944.99. Rumor is, Lady Loki is going to be a fan favorite. hm

2008?

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Invinicible almost doesn't matter what book right now.

I'm so tempted to sell my raws, but granted raw selling can be more difficult than slabs, any reason why the values wouldnt stick?

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
21 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Invinicible almost doesn't matter what book right now.

I'm so tempted to sell my raws, but granted raw selling can be more difficult than slabs, any reason why the values wouldnt stick?

Why is raw selling so difficult? I have no issues. You have a much wider audience.

13 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Why is raw selling so difficult? I have no issues. You have a much wider audience.

We disagree about the wider audience but my question was more if the values would stick?

I have so far knock on wood had no problems selling raws but I don't like to which is my personal feeling. Giver there are still 2 more seasons to go, is it worth holding? Or selling because the value isn't long term?

It's a great story, I'm just unfamiliar with this particular series to know if in it's 144 issues only there will be more issues? Another ongoing? A future for the value of the book....

Lol I waited 30 minutes for that response 

And the topic is moderns ie invincible heating up ie, not how I feel personally  :roflmao: about selling to hypotheticals 

Just looking for reasoning, just so many options to keep or not, was asking opinions? Since you brought it up :taptaptap:

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have so far knock on wood had no problems selling raws but I don't like to which is my personal feeling. Giver there are still 2 more seasons to go, is it worth holding? Or selling because the value isn't long term?

It's a great story, I'm just unfamiliar with this particular series to know if in it's 144 issues only there will be more issues? Another ongoing? A future for the value of the book....

Are you looking to maximize return? I'd get the high grade stuff graded, any first appearances, then sell the stuff related to the first series. Unless you have a #1 hold that. Then as season 2 and season 3 roll out any 1st apps that appear in those can be shed.

I haven't read the book or watched the show but those that have said season 1 barely scratched the surface in terms of the story arcs available in just the series as it stands. They could get more seasons out of it and if they really want to extend beyond the source material they don't need to tie it to new comics to do it. But IMO unless you have very, very high grade issues you probably want to sell most of the non-keys in the run raw.

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

We disagree about the wider audience but my question was more if the values would stick?

Its no different then any book other it goes in cycles based of news and tv/movie rights. Just follow the cycles nobody ever gets top dollar all the time. 

I am not sure there is much disagreement here. Slabs are not the majority of the market and never will be.
Just higher values.

Edited by fastballspecial