• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

:ohnoez:

IMG_4223_zpscccc8afb.jpgAvenging 8

An ad, which is not particularly important.

there is a preview in the back of DC Comics Presents 26 that people seem to be paying quite a bit for.

No, there isn't. It's a full, original story, not a preview of NTT 1.

Someone beat me to it!

there is a preview in the back of DC Comics Presents 26 that people seem to be paying quite a bit for.

and that Malibu Sun issue with the guy in a big red cape with chains seems to command some money as well.

DC Comics Presents 26 contains a story that is not available in New Teen Titans 1.

still a preview

and that Malibu Sun issue with the guy in a big red cape with chains seems to command some money as well.

DC Comics Presents 26 contains a story that is not available in New Teen Titans 1.

still a preview

It is a preview like Amazing Fantasy 15 is a preview of Spider-Man. :baiting:

I'm curious as to whether they are going to note on the label that it's the first Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. Let us know what they say.

That would be in Captain Marvel #1, last page, already posted here prior to the shilling. The stuff people try to push on these boards is amusing.

I genuinely am amazed how people can get so busy focusing on the trees that they forget they are in a forest.

150927.jpg.2a9e64989585624314158342bcb93a25.jpg

I'm curious as to whether they are going to note on the label that it's the first Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. Let us know what they say.

That would be in Captain Marvel #1, last page, already posted here prior to the shilling. The stuff people try to push on these boards is amusing.

I genuinely am amazed how people can get so busy focusing on the trees that they forget they are in a forest.

Go back and read the thread closer, Avenging Spider-Man #9 came out a week earlier than Captain Marvel #1. I don't know what forest you're looking at.

Just a bidding war. The Hack covers that sell well are usually 7-9 and 15-17 due to short supply.

Trust me I would love for it to get hot. I got more Hack Slash then most.

Edited by Fastballspecial

the trees would be trying to look up release dates and previews, the forest would be the panel where she takes the name. That would be the moment she becomes Captain Marvel, not the panel before, not the panel after.

the trees would be trying to look up release dates and previews, the forest would be the panel where she takes the name. That would be the moment she becomes Captain Marvel, not the panel before, not the panel after.

What's the first comic you could buy on the newstand/comic shop that featured Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel? I'll take my answer off the air.

What's the first comic you could buy on the newstand/comic shop that featured Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel? I'll take my answer off the air.

The one where she becomes Captain Marvel.

But she's already Captain Marvel in Avenging #9, says so right on the first page.

But she's already Captain Marvel in Avenging #9, says so right on the first page.

She's not Captain Marvel in Captain Marvel #1.....then she decides to take the name, and she is. Hence, the first time she becomes Captain Marvel, is the panel where she becomes Captain Marvel.

Looks like the market overwhelmingly agrees, Avenging #9 is outselling Captain Marvel #1 by a decent margin:

Sold Avenging #9 auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=avenging+spider-man+%239&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Sold Captain Marvel #1 auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=captain+marvel+%231+2012&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

you understand that everyone buying that is from this thread, and its offshoots.

I am not advocating people to buy either. But anyone who is trying to deny that the comic book where Carol becomes Captain Marvel is the comic where she becomes Captain Marvel is crazy.

you understand that everyone buying that is from this thread, and its offshoots.

I am not advocating people to buy either. But anyone who is trying to deny that the comic book where Carol becomes Captain Marvel is the comic where she becomes Captain Marvel is crazy.

It's already been established that CHRONOLOGICALLY Captain Marvel #1 takes place before Avenging #9 story-wise, but Avenging #9 still hit the newstands a week earlier, and she is clearly Captain Marvel in that issue.

you understand that I am aware of all the things that you are saying? Captain Marvel is the comic where she becomes Captain Marvel period.

Trying to grasp at straws about two books that came out the same week, or previews of them, is as I said, craziness.

If CGC is going to label books, Captain Marvel will be labelled "Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel."