• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Anyone else grabbing copies of Battle Scars #1 & #6?

Yes, since that's Coulson's first 616 appearance, but not his first comic appearance overall. Coulson's first appearance ever in a regular size comic is in the non-616 "Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury" one shot in 2009. The timeline of early, full size comic Agent Coulson appearances seems to go like this:

Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury one shot, Cinematic Universe - February 2009:

15635955782_bd8a4d96d0_c.jpg

Page where he first appears:

15449132717_6f036f12a6_c.jpg

Iron Man 2: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one shot, Cinematic Universe, first cover appearance: November 2010

15632437731_5aae9636d4_c.jpg

Battle Scars #1, first 616 appearance, although not referred to as Agent Coulson until Battle Scars #6 - November 2011

15014359054_14095edc7c_c.jpg

That was big a few years ago, I think everybody should have at least one copy of them, some people also like:

Iron Man / Hulk / Fury #1

which is non-continuity but earlier release date

Yes, since that's Coulson's first 616 appearance, but not his first comic appearance overall. Coulson's first appearance ever in comics is in the non-616 "Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury" one shot in 2009. The timeline of early Agent Coulson appearances seems to go like this:

Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury one shot, Cinematic Universe - February 2009:

Iron Man 2: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one shot, Cinematic Universe, first cover appearance: November 2010

Battle Scars #1, first 616 appearance, although not referred to as Agent Coulson until Battle Scars #6 - November 2011

Sooooo, that's a no? lol

Yes, since that's Coulson's first 616 appearance, but not his first comic appearance overall. Coulson's first appearance ever in comics is in the non-616 "Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury" one shot in 2009. The timeline of early Agent Coulson appearances seems to go like this:

I bought at least 1 of each of those. The BS #1 I went a little heavier on due to continuity but I don't think there is high demand for any of them. (shrug)

I bought at least 1 of each of those. The BS #1 I went a little heavier on due to continuity but I don't think there is high demand for any of them. (shrug)

It doesn't seem like much demand, although I'm not sure if that's due to Coulson being a boring character or confusion on which book has the true first appearance of him.

Yah, being inexpensive is a good reason for people to have one of each. Because the character has fully realized his potential in the MCU, i think people dont spec much on it, as in, "no upside".

But the print runs on them arent enormous, and its the kind of book 20 years from now, people might kick themselves if they didnt get a nice copy when it was dirt cheap.

Also, if Marvel resets their whole universe this summer, and makes it more like the MCU (something I am scared they might try), you might see a big jump in these books.

Edited by CBT

How about you leave this thread, go outside, and settle this like men?

I'm a Type 1 diabetic south paw with a bum knee and I'd still rock 90 percent of you fuks but the only person I would fight in here is Larry for pumping up an obscure cross between Bucky O hair and The Mask as the next Deadpool or Harley!

*shrug*

Sorry to point out a trend developing in the market.

( I am at the cash register talking to fans & do spot things earlier than most )

Rephrase:

Jaxxon personifies everything that was wrong with the Marvel Star Wars line.

He's so bad he's good & is approaching cult status like t Deadpool ,Harley & Squirrel Girl.

y84bEP8.jpg

Bleeding Cool picked up on it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/11/06/thursday-morning-runaround-the-return-of-jaxxon/

Let's not fight, let's make love.

Man love.

I'm not sure why 'seven days' would be an issue at all. Is there a limit where its different? What if it was a month later, or two, or 8 days or 6 days?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/11/06/thursday-morning-runaround-the-return-of-jaxxon/

Man love.

Hey Larry, I know this thread has been a side show. Did you see my comment on your post?

It got me thinking last night that given that Marvel/Disney/Starwars is one company, if they are using him deadpool style for variants, do you think they will use him in other media as well. (ie, he may be to lame for a movie, but they might put him in one of the tv shows they are planing to make, or in the actual comics, etc).

Someone please stand up and say Carol doesnt become Captain Marvel in Captain Marvel #1, then go on to prove it.

Once that is done, I will say, whoops, I guess my comment saying people are pushing trash on here and missing the forest for the trees was wrong.

I think people are arguing with you because they really don't care if she first becomes Captain Marvel in CM 1, chronologically speaking, when the Avenging Spider-Man issue was released first and features her as Captain Marvel. That would make it her first appearance as Captain Marvel, since the book released first, even though its telling a story that occurs after the events of CM 1. This is what I have gathered browsing the thread, having never read or owned an issue of Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, or Avenging Spider-Man.

Is Detective Comics 27 the first appearance of Batman or Detective Comics 404 which features Bruce Wayne as Batman chronologically before the first appearance in Detective Comics 27?

I think you mean Batman 404. But yes, historically, Batman 404 is considered the first appearance of Batman as that is when Bruce Wayne BECOMES Batman. If you are a collector of release dates, I guess you can chase Detective...what number was it again? 27?

But if you want the first moment in history when people first saw the character of Batman, you want Batman 404.

Yes, Batman 404. The first appearance of Batman!

Outcast #1 CGC 9.6 $44.99 each (8 copies sold)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUTCAST-1-CGC-9-6-1st-print-WHITE-pages-Robert-Kirkman-Walking-Dead-/281464300634?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item418894645a

I think it's a good sign for a very new book when it sells in this grade.

Thats actually a very smart seller and a great deal for the buyer in my opinion win/win

y84bEP8.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaxxon

Star Wars #8 will be heating up in three months.

( I just shot forward on Vic Von dooms time platform )

Jaxxon is the Deadpool, Harley Quinn & Squirrel Girl of the Star Wars universe.

I'm sure there is a lemming or two out there ready to take the plunge!

I refer to them as Heel-Lots

I'm a Type 1 diabetic south paw with a bum knee and I'd still rock 90 percent of you fuks but the only person I would fight in here is Larry for pumping up an obscure cross between Bucky O hair and The Mask as the next Deadpool or Harley!

*shrug*

( I am at the cash register talking to fans & do spot things earlier than most )

Rephrase:

He's so bad he's good & is approaching cult status like t Deadpool ,Harley & Squirrel Girl.

y84bEP8.jpg

Man love.

I was just joking with ya bud, I forgot this tho ;)

Breaking news...

imagesduckduckgocom_zps7c1f841d.jpg

Don't get your comic spec news from Bleeding Cool!

Edited by MrWeen

*shrug*

Rephrase:

y84bEP8.jpg

Man love.

I was just joking with ya bud, I forgot this tho ;)

Breaking news...

imagesduckduckgocom_zps7c1f841d.jpg

Don't get your comic spec news from Bleeding Cool!

I don't.

I mentioned it, THEN BC mentioned it.