• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Did you even read what I wrote.

Captain Marvel #14 is the 1st appearance of Kamala Khan.

Captain Marvel #17 is the 1st appearance of Kamala Khan as the new Ms. Marvel.

Kamala Khan is just a 16 year old girl in Captain Marvel #14. That's it. Kamala Khan becoimes the new Ms. Marvel in Captain Marvel #17. I will the collectors decide which print is more significant for Captain Marvel #17. There is no cameos.

If that's all that she appears in #14 it would be a cameo. 1 panel and unnamed.

And ygogolak is always wrong. :roflmao:

(tsk)

Kamala Khan is just a 16 year old girl in Captain Marvel #14. That's it. Kamala Khan becoimes the new Ms. Marvel in Captain Marvel #17. I will the collectors decide which print is more significant for Captain Marvel #17. There is no cameos.

:facepalm: Why is this even a discussion, we have countless characters in the shadows (For example; Killer Croc, Crossbones) or 1 panel (For example; Invincible) that are 1st appearances.

In many previews or ads, no one says anything its just a picture but some consider it a 1st appearance and not a cameo. I guess all the times you and others have said the preview or ad is the 1st appearance of a character is nothing more than a cameo.

Anyone else grabbing copies of Battle Scars #1 & #6?

Yes, since that's Coulson's first 616 appearance, but not his first comic appearance overall. Coulson's first appearance ever in comics is in the non-616 "Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury" one shot in 2009. The timeline of early Agent Coulson appearances seems to go like this:

Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury one shot, Cinematic Universe - February 2009:

15635955782_bd8a4d96d0_c.jpg

Page where he first appears:

15449132717_6f036f12a6_c.jpg

Iron Man 2: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one shot, Cinematic Universe, first cover appearance: November 2010

15632437731_5aae9636d4_c.jpg

Battle Scars #1, first 616 appearance, although not referred to as Agent Coulson until Battle Scars #6 - November 2011

15014359054_14095edc7c_c.jpg

Where's the love for the Walmart Exclusive Iron Man: Movie Special Issue #1? It came out in September/October of 2008 and features Coulson throughout.

Here's some pics from the Walmart Exclusive Iron Man: Movie Special Issue #1. Ashcan sized, packed in with Wal-Mart copies of the DVD (released around/on 9/30/2008). The story is essentially a Coulson solo story taking place during the first Iron Man film, with Coulson featured as early as p. 2 and named throughout. Here's a couple of pics including the cover.

x60qrr.jpg

2j5f1uw.jpg

35jmk2p.jpg

Here's the first appearance of Kamala from Captain Marvel #14.

It's this one panel. I guess everyone can make their own decision on whether or not this is significant enough to merit value.

kamala.jpg

Cameo then?

I'm going with this one. Low print, hard to find (only two copy's left on feebay) Selling at 2-3x the 1st print. With a full cover appearance a month before Ms Marvel #1. Seems like the top choice too me. 2c

image_zps898b0817.jpg

Cheers!

As for speculation , #14 is a cameo # 17 1st print is second cameo BUT..

Captain Marvel #17 2cond print is The first appearance of Kamila khan as Ms Marvel and there is no arguing a first appearance/cover appearance. This book is also before the point one issue.

The Juggernaut is always right. :sumo::sumo:

:rulez:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8154726#Post8154726

-slym ( :lol: )

Batman Red Robin #19 Carrie Kelley1st appearance in the New 52 and 1st in continuity to the best of my knowledge. Nothing groundbreaking. This was a $1 book last month and maybe a $5 now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=batman+red+robin+19&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Batman Red Robin #19 Carrie Kelley1st appearance in the New 52 and 1st in continuity to the best of my knowledge. Nothing groundbreaking. This was a $1 book last month and maybe a $5 now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=batman+red+robin+19&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

With plenty of room to climb. (thumbs u

:facepalm: Why is this even a discussion, we have countless characters in the shadows (For example; Killer Croc, Crossbones) or 1 panel (For example; Invincible) that are 1st appearances.

In many previews or ads, no one says anything its just a picture but some consider it a 1st appearance and not a cameo. I guess all the times you and others have said the preview or ad is the 1st appearance of a character is nothing more than a cameo.

I go as far from the 1st preview/panel/advertisement, as I can go, and run with FIRST FULL APPEARNCE for my collection

What is a 1ST FULL APPEARANCE?

I collect, what I consider, to be the "1st full appearance" of my favorite characters. Sometimes it's the characters 2nd to 3rd appearance before their 1st FULL appearance in some cases.

For me a full story starring the character, is what I consider the 1st full appearance of a character. The first full story is only trumped, by a COVER appearance

All other brief appearances (1-2 panels, last page, etc.) are cameos to set up the story or reader for the real show-time event. Sometimes there are multiple cameos before the character is used "in full" and it is always different circumstances for each character.

A few good examples from MY collection:

GHOST RIDER: Marvel spotlight 5 - 1st full appearance of Ghost Rider.

No "cameo” or anything to debate.

VENOM: Amazing spider-man 300 1st full appearance. 298, 299 are teases and cameos for the big 300

CROSSBONES: Captain America 362 - 1st FULL appearance of crossbones.

359 shadow= cameo, 360 = 1 full face panel from behind binoculars, 361 has nothing, and 362 = first full appearance, name, main character role (put a brutal beat down on Diamondback), and on the cover.

362 is where the reader is formally introduced to the character of crossbones. Even though the “Market” has chosen 360 early on, if the character gains actual amounts of real reader fans, then speculators, then the market may sway to 362, but those with big $$ already in 360 early will fight this notion tooth and nail.

CAPTAIN MARVEL (DANVERS) – MS MARVEL 1 – 1ST full appearance of the superhero we love. Yes, 1st Danvers in MSH13, but we are not introduced to the Carol Danvers character we love, until Ms. Marvel # 1

MS MARVEL (Khan) 1st full appearance = Captain Marvel 17 2nd print.

Captain Marvel 14, 17 cameos for set-up. Captain Marvel 17 2nd print 1st full appearance on cover wins.

DAKEN: 1st full appearance: Wolverine Origins 10 3rd claw and 2 claw cover. Due to the cover again, it gets my 1st full appearance vote, even though he is only on the last page. Origins 11 would be the first full if not for the cover of 10

LADY DEATHSTRIKE: 1st full: ALPHA FLIGHT # 34 - Another non-superhero made into a starring character at a later date. Yes, Daredevil 198 for Yuriko. But, Lady Deathstrike appears in Alpha flight 33 only in a couple panel Cameo, and in 34 is on cover, and full story. #33 is another speculator cash run on a book that should be a brief cameo

SILK: 1st full appearance Amazing Spider-man 4 Ramos variant and regular. Cameo in Amazing 1, but full appearance not until # 4.

AGENT PHIL COULSON: Walmart iron man special. It used to be the HULK/IRONMAN mcu special, but with the recent discussion/info on the MODERNS HEATING UP ON EBAY thread, I have fully changed my choice to the Walmart exclusive.

Many will disagree, which I enjoy hearing about, but it’s not as cut and dry as it was in the past, when a new character was not shadowed and teased for future use in major far planned out storylines, and instead used fully in the first 1-2 issues, But if I was putting my top dollar $$ on a character I collect, then it better be more than some preview or teaser panel/page.

I would enjoy hearing others opinions, on characters they collect, with similar debatable 1st FULL APPEARNCES.

Cheers!

NOTE: IN ORDER TO NOT DE-RAIL THIS THREAD, I HAVE POSTED THIS AS A DISCUSSION IN THE GENEARL BOARDS: would love to hear others opinions on first full appearance.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8156428#Post8156428

had my 5 copy order canceled by MYBOOKCOMICSHOP last week........

Any chance you two can stop talking about Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel? Please? :wishluck:

On a side note, this thread is approaching 2,000,000 views and we'll likely hit that this weekend! :whee:

had my 5 copy order canceled by MYBOOKCOMICSHOP last week........

Coincidentally grabbed 2 of these on my lunch today. Left the other 8 or so in the bin.

The way I see it when a character is 1st introduced it is the 1st appearance. That is what 1st appearance means.... Appeared for the 1st time. Whoever started this cameo nonsense should be fired. I feel the reason the market decides on what is 1st app., is who has the many copies of that book who wants that specific issue to be the 1st appearance to profit from.

The word cameo should be changed to "1st introduced".

I prefer "brief appearance," or, in the case of something like ASM 299 or IH180, "teaser appearance."