• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

I just don't understand selling like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghost-Rider-second-series-94-VF-SCARCE-Low-Print-Final-Issue-/301699143040?hash=item463eab9580

It will now cost the seller about $3 (not to mention what he paid for the comic, which could bring it up to $5) to sell this comic.

Frankly, I would have thought the sales prices would be better (one raw NM did sell for $15) on this, but i guess GR is one character nobody cares about right now.

i have to keep an eye out for that one. i would buy it anyway because of the cover regardless of any 1st app. some of those spectre covers are gorgeous.

It is a Richard Corben cover, and I love Corben's work. I came across four in one shop in the wild. The owner asked why I was buying so many copies of the book, I said I love Corben's work (true) and that was good enough for him. Had he checked eBay I doubt he would have let them walk for cover price.

Almost makes you wonder why Rich never did more mainstream stuff.. Im a huge corben fan and fail to see why the big two would not think of hiring him to do more covers for them, imagine all these keys we wouldve had today if he did that hehe

He's too far out for mainstream - it would drive the editorial staff nutz. :grin:

Like I said earlier, the Corben cover is worth the price of admission alone. :sumo:

He did TMNT.. thats as mainstream as you go.

I know him and Eastman are budds but still.. He did go mainstream..

Im pretty sure Marvel didnt want to associate themselves with someone thats as controversial as corben.. They did with Manara, look how that turned out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghost-Rider-second-series-94-VF-SCARCE-Low-Print-Final-Issue-/301699143040?hash=item463eab9580

It will now cost the seller about $3 (not to mention what he paid for the comic, which could bring it up to $5) to sell this comic.

Frankly, I would have thought the sales prices would be better (one raw NM did sell for $15) on this, but i guess GR is one character nobody cares about right now.

Does this make more sense?

94 isn't really the last issue, it simply ties up any lose ends story wise. It reminds me a lot of that thing DC did during Blackest Night where they published final issues for dead series like Suicide Squad and Starman. Ghost Rider 94 was published in 2007, many years after 93. 93 is the real tough find.

i have to keep an eye out for that one. i would buy it anyway because of the cover regardless of any 1st app. some of those spectre covers are gorgeous.

It is a Richard Corben cover, and I love Corben's work. I came across four in one shop in the wild. The owner asked why I was buying so many copies of the book, I said I love Corben's work (true) and that was good enough for him. Had he checked eBay I doubt he would have let them walk for cover price.

Almost makes you wonder why Rich never did more mainstream stuff.. Im a huge corben fan and fail to see why the big two would not think of hiring him to do more covers for them, imagine all these keys we wouldve had today if he did that hehe

He's too far out for mainstream - it would drive the editorial staff nutz. :grin:

Like I said earlier, the Corben cover is worth the price of admission alone. :sumo:

He did TMNT.. thats as mainstream as you go.

I know him and Eastman are budds but still.. He did go mainstream..

Im pretty sure Marvel didnt want to associate themselves with someone thats as controversial as corben.. They did with Manara, look how that turned out

Wish I never sold my copy of Fantagor 1 . . . :(

(shrug) My father-in-law is retired and spends his time raising chickens. He gives the eggs away for free. (shrug) Who knows why people do what they do? :grin:

94 isn't really the last issue, it simply ties up any lose ends story wise. It reminds me a lot of that thing DC did during Blackest Night where they published final issues for dead series like Suicide Squad and Starman. Ghost Rider 94 was published in 2007, many years after 93. 93 is the real tough find.

I would suggest that creating new stories for "revived" dead titles as a gimmick is significantly different than finally printing the solicited final issue of a series that was instead abruptly cancelled.

What a move by Marvel. Abruptly cancelling a series after soliciting the next issue is bad enough, but after soliciting the final issue? (tsk)

Anyway, I think Ghost Rider Finale ended up with about a 50% boost in numbers compared to Ghost Rider 93 or preorders for 94.

Pleased with this one, although I think some money was left on the table . . . :grin:

Spectre 54

i have sold copies for as high as $60, my last copy sold for $42.50. Still, paid $3 each for them and was not sad with the outcome. I never fret about money left on the table as it is better than missing the boat.

Sold mine and never looked back. The odds of Mr Terrific being a household name are less than slim-to-none lol

I don't know about slim-to-none.

He's a great character.

It's all about the quality of the movie and who plays him.

I said the same thing you did about Groot and Raccoon. doh!

Patrick

Pleased with this one, although I think some money was left on the table . . . :grin:

Spectre 54

i have sold copies for as high as $60, my last copy sold for $42.50. Still, paid $3 each for them and was not sad with the outcome. I never fret about money left on the table as it is better than missing the boat.

Sold mine and never looked back. The odds of Mr Terrific being a household name are less than slim-to-none lol

I don't know about slim-to-none.

He's a great character.

It's all about the quality of the movie and who plays him.

I said the same thing you did about Groot and Raccoon. doh!

Patrick

TV show. Echo Kellum has been cast as the character on Arrow. :gossip:

Young Terrorists #1 seems to be doing well already. Selling over $10 Cover B and C selling much higher. Young Terrorists

Retail for the comic is pretty high though ($7)

Oh is it? :( Guess I'll just go after B and C covers then. They seem to be in the $20 range. $7 is really going to cut down on the amount I get though unfortunately. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Neo778

Young Terrorists #1 seems to be doing well already. Selling over $10 Cover B and C selling much higher. Young Terrorists

Oh is it? :( Guess I'll just go after B and C covers then. They seem to be in the $20 range. $7 is really going to cut down on the amount I get though unfortunately. Thanks for the heads up.

However, Midtown had over 25 copies as of this morning (20 minutes ago), sold out now....they were offering random A-C covers to fill orders.

Edited by krighton

My opinion:

Black Mask has been worth my investment.

My shop has been a destination as many others don't stock them yet.

I like the material too.

ALL of their properties could be other forms of media, so I think of them as mid-long term modern plays...

LijcLDpl.jpg

Orange -500

Green -250

Purple -100

White -50

My opinion:

I like the material too.

ALL of their properties could be other forms of media, so I think of them as mid-long term modern plays...

LijcLDpl.jpg

Orange -500

Green -250

Purple -100

White -50

The book may be a good read but i have to pass on terrible covers.

My opinion:

I like the material too.

LijcLDpl.jpg

Orange -500

Green -250

Purple -100

White -50

The book may be a good read but i have to pass on terrible covers.

Your opinion...

Anyway....

I kinda like them.

Solid concept that draws in an existing fan base doing homage covers of classic gangsta rap albums. My shops cover is loosley based on Boogie Down Productions (By All Means Necessary).

Feels "indy"

Edited by LarrysComics