• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Looks like the MOS18 9.8 train has stopped. If youre selling for more than 125-150.00 youll be holding for a loooong time again

that train lasted what, 36 hours?

gosh i hate and love the interweb at the same time. i just don't move fast enough..

The ride ain't over yet, you just have to be selling the right printing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-DC-Superman-Man-of-Steel-18-4th-Print-DOOMSDAY-UNREAD-WHITE-PAGES-/381478842078?hash=item58d1e92ede:g:JVIAAOSwcdBWR7u0

( This is not my auction )

Looks like the MOS18 9.8 train has stopped. If youre selling for more than 125-150.00 youll be holding for a loooong time again

that train lasted what, 36 hours?

gosh i hate and love the interweb at the same time. i just don't move fast enough..

The ride ain't over yet, you just have to be selling the right printing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-DC-Superman-Man-of-Steel-18-4th-Print-DOOMSDAY-UNREAD-WHITE-PAGES-/381478842078?hash=item58d1e92ede:g:JVIAAOSwcdBWR7u0

( This is not my auction )

Sellers that put NICE UNREAD WHITE PAGES aren't really listing the condition.....

Which sucks for uninformed buyers.

The book "looks" VF/NM...... but that's a guessing game

Edited by Candletric

because it seems to be moving well, also being talked about

http://investcomics.com/weekly-hot-picks/investcomics-hot-picks-401

It is moving well because it was talked about on that site. Lemmings.

Just trying to be helpful, if I see something I think might interest others I try to bring it here.

Gotten a lot from others here

Don't let the negative nancies get you down. If you hear news go ahead and report it. (thumbs u

I'm not being negative, I'm attempting to correct a fallacy of the original post. Saying that the comic is moving well and that is why that site is talking about it is incorrect. The site started talking about it last week, pointed out no copies were available on eBay, and then the comic started appearing and moving.

And yes, lemmings was probably uncalled for, but I don't know what else you would call it when a site is able to get speculators (the lemmings in this case) to go out and buy a book that nobody is going to care about in 6 months? The comic landscape is littered with these inconsequential comic books that were once hot.

This thread has had some great recommendations. But it is also full of these types of recommendations which are dead end deals.

I said also being talked about, I did not say it was moving because it was being talked about, you did.

I also did not in anyway suggest this book , only that others may want to look at it. You on the other hand have already judged it as dredge.

I brought something for people here to look at . You on the other hand have decided that others shouldn't consider it

I only said it was a bad investment and gave a reason on why this book, which had no movement for the first 2-3 weeks it was out, all of a sudden had movement.

If someone wants to read it, great. But I thought I was in the thread about moderns that are heating up and I gave my opinion. Or is only news about books moving, not the reason for that movement, relevant in this thread?

Nothing wrong with liking the comic. I like many comics too. But I'm under no delusion that just because I like it, it is going to be the next hot thing. And because you seem a little sensitive, I'll point out I don't think you are under any delusions either.

I only said it was a bad investment and gave a reason on why this book, which had no movement for the first 2-3 weeks it was out, all of a sudden had movement.

No you did not,,,,, you said you needed to correct my error , read your statement in (correct a fallacy?) the bold above. This error you invented yourself . You insinuated I was a lemming , and inferred that anyone else interested in this book is a lemming

If someone wants to read it, great. But I thought I was in the thread about moderns that are heating up and I gave my opinion. Or is only news about books moving, not the reason for that movement, relevant in this thread?

Wow that's nice of you. An opinion based on what? Did you read the book? Why its moving?, sure,...... your opinion? sure. But don't make up things that you think I said, and then say you will correct me.

Nothing wrong with liking the comic. I like many comics too. But I'm under no delusion that just because I like it, it is going to be the next hot thing. And because you seem a little sensitive, I'll point out I don't think you are under any delusions either

Cant agree with you more here. But I wouldn't say its delusional to think a book that I like could be the next hot thing.

So here's my final thoughts on this.

I read what I thought was a great book, did a little research, and brought it here , suggesting others take a look, as it was starting to move well . You in your great wisdom of the book, and in a deep need to save the universe (read comic enthusiasts) posted a smug comment saying it sucks and wont go anywhere. I would suggest that perhaps there might be a lot of lurkers out there that might want to share what they find, and post it, and perhaps, comments like yours might make them hesitant. Anyway you called me a lemming and I called you smug, I'd call that even

Fair enough. I wouldn't categorize myself as smug, but if I came off that way, I get it.

As for my needing to save the universe, trust me, I don't have the time or inclination. I just found the movement on that particular book coinciding with that site's article to be more than a coincidence. As I said, the book was out 2-3 weeks with no discernible movement until that site mentioned why that book *should be* hot. At the time, they themselves said there were no copies on eBay (although that wasn't entirely true. There were copies, they just were selling for cover or not at all until they mentioned the book.) If you want to believe this book moved for other reasons, that's cool. We'll just agree to disagree.

Another site that I found that can have an impact on a books movement is Bleeding Cool.

I also understand many don't care why a book moves, they are just in it for the money. And that's cool too.

Fair enough. I wouldn't categorize myself as smug, but if I came off that way, I get it.

As for my needing to save the universe, trust me, I don't have the time or inclination. I just found the movement on that particular book coinciding with that site's article to be more than a coincidence. As I said, the book was out 2-3 weeks with no discernible movement until that site mentioned why that book *should be* hot. At the time, they themselves said there were no copies on eBay (although that wasn't entirely true. There were copies, they just were selling for cover or not at all until they mentioned the book.) If you want to believe this book moved for other reasons, that's cool. We'll just agree to disagree.

Another site that I found that can have an impact on a books movement is Bleeding Cool.

I also understand many don't care why a book moves, they are just in it for the money. And that's cool too.

Yea :hi:

If a book moves because a "spec" site likes it, that's a bad reason to invest. If a book moves because of a media deal, key issue, or rarity, that's a good reason to invest.

Edited by Candletric

I took a look at that book when came out. Its a well done book. What might even help it is this. High grade is going to be difficult due to production. I am just basing this off the 20 copies I saw on the shelf when it came out.

You are definitely getting your money's worth as far as content and art. Now that being said I don't love the art, but I can see how a good generation of younger comic fans will like it. There is a movement to more this style of art, and while I am not a fan I am smart to realize others will like it.

If a book moves because a "spec" site likes it, that's a bad reason to invest. If a book moves because of a media deal, key issue, or rarity, that's a good reason to invest.

If it's a comic book that's a bad reason to "invest". :gossip:

I don't know if this comic will have movement and there are no copies on eBay as of right now, but I did pick up my copies of the Hot Topic Vader Down #1 exclusive today. Last time Hot Topic had a Star Wars variant, there was a huge upward movement as we all know. I don't think there will be the same fervor this time however; all indications are Hot Topics is not going to pull these from the shelf. With that said, there may be some residual from the last exclusive.

If it's a comic book that's a bad reason to "invest". :gossip:

QFT

No matter what caused the movement, the art is very cool and the story ain't half bad. I'll be following this story for a while.

Same here. I enjoyed the creative team's run on X-23 a few years back so I added to my pull list. I liked what I saw in issue #1 and I'm sticking around for a while as well.