• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

The Gwenom variant is getting snatched up like crazy by somebody. Earlier today, some were BIN at $5, $12, $19.99, etc. The auction ending soonest is already up to about $60. There were a few on Amazon a couple hours ago at $12. Then at $25. Now the cheapest is $49.99...

The price will stabilize soon. There is a decent supply it will just take a few days.

Was it a 1:10?

-J.

It was percentile variant. 150 0r 175% of a previous Guardians book so the distribution ratio is likely a lot smaller than a 1:10. Guardians was coming off the Movie Hype and numbers were dropping, but my local store did not have the ability to get these because too many subs for the regular Guardians book to hit the percentile.

The Gwenom variant is getting snatched up like crazy by somebody. Earlier today, some were BIN at $5, $12, $19.99, etc. The auction ending soonest is already up to about $60. There were a few on Amazon a couple hours ago at $12. Then at $25. Now the cheapest is $49.99...

The price will stabilize soon. There is a decent supply it will just take a few days.

-J.

It was percentile variant. 150 0r 175% of a previous Guardians book so the distribution ratio is likely a lot smaller than a 1:10. Guardians was coming off the Movie Hype and numbers were dropping, but my local store did not have the ability to get these because too many subs for the regular Guardians book to hit the percentile.

Oh I see thanks for the info.

I seem to recall that this book was originally speculated on due to the expectation that it was going to be "the next ASM 678" but it flamed out when the art disappointed. So I would imagine that there are a lot of copies out there either way.

-J.

-J.

Oh I see thanks for the info.

I seem to recall that this book was originally speculated on due to the expectation that it was going to be "the next ASM 678" but it flamed out when the art disappointed. So I would imagine that there are a lot of copies out there either way.

-J.

It was heavily ordered although more by speculators then shop owners I think. My LCS did get a good supply, but others didn't order as heavily.

I have been moving the Marvel 50th Anniversary 1:50 Variants from a few years ago pretty steady the last few weeks on both Ebay & Amazon. Got'em from one of the Diamond blowout sales back then..just took a few years for everybody that got some to be out of them. Really surprising how a lot of the dead variants from just a few years ago are starting to be burners!

Glad I can be involved in the most recent spec's discussed :)

I have (2) copies of Gwen-om

Batman 21:

(1) Combo Pack, still poly bagged, looks NM or better to me

(1) 1:25 Jock variant (PC)

(1) 1:25 Jock variant CGC 9.8

(1) SDCC CGC 9.8

(2) Regular issues (1 to continue PC run)

Man, one of these days I'm going to wise up and actually sell something while it's hot.

I'm lazy :(

(oh and my favorite so far is Old Man LoGwen - very well done!)

I have been moving the Marvel 50th Anniversary 1:50 Variants from a few years ago pretty steady the last few weeks on both Ebay & Amazon. Got'em from one of the Diamond blowout sales back then..just took a few years for everybody that got some to be out of them. Really surprising how a lot of the dead variants from just a few years ago are starting to be burners!

Thank you, Mr. CBSI.

That Guardians of Nowhere is everywhere on Ebay. It's not even limited anymore. It's going "Nowhere". :D

I dunno, only like 8-10 copies on ebay, bids up to $38 on one. Completed sales like crazy...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=guardians%20of%20knowhere%201%20gwen&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

by putting Gwen in the search field you are significantly limiting your search results.