• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

There's gonna be a lot of butthurt of this for those prices........

depends on how tightly DC weaves the Watchmen into the rebirth universe...if the spoilers are true then getting the first appearances are just par for the course.

X-23 could lead to butthurt also if Wolverine comes back and she doesn't appear in a movie.

Edited by krighton

depends on how tightly DC weaves the Watchmen into the rebirth universe...if the spoilers are true then getting the first appearances are just par for the course.

X-23 could lead to butthurt also if Wolverine comes back and she doesn't appear in a movie.

It will be butt hurt. There is no way a collector goes I gotta have that book and slab it for my collection. Its speculator gambling.

X-23 has a much better shot then that book does.

It will be butt hurt. There is no way a collector goes I gotta have that book and slab it for my collection. Its speculator gambling.

X-23 has a much better shot then that book does.

guess we'll see if people revolt

Edited by krighton

On the back of the Outcast release, sold 2 #1 9.8 copies in less than 1 day -- one at $90 and one at $100 (plus shipping).

I think all I have left is a raw run up to 14 or so.

good to hear, I hope the CGC 9.8 prices start creeping up consistently over $100. I just have 1 so don't want to sell too cheap

I'm in the same boat.

so before watchmen dr. manhattan 4

and all the 1:100 variants?

And Watchmen #12?

I ran around and grabbed most of those today...and Superman Clark Lois 1 and Convergence Superman...I think i'm covered.

Is there something before those?

Dc spotlight 1 1985 - first watchmen first dark knight

If we are collecting Dr. Manhattan don't sleep on Watchmen 4.

And his 1st appearance in Watchmen #1 :headbang:

You mean his second appearance right? :baiting:

No he means 1st full appearance of Dr. Manhattan. Everybody knows that Spotlight is a cameo of the full team. just advertising.

Fixed.

so before watchmen dr. manhattan 4

and all the 1:100 variants?

And Watchmen #12?

I ran around and grabbed most of those today...and Superman Clark Lois 1 and Convergence Superman...I think i'm covered.

Is there something before those?

Dc spotlight 1 1985 - first watchmen first dark knight

If we are collecting Dr. Manhattan don't sleep on Watchmen 4.

And his 1st appearance in Watchmen #1 :headbang:

You mean his second appearance right? :baiting:

No he means 1st full appearance of Dr. Manhattan. Everybody knows that Spotlight is a cameo of the full team. just advertising.

Fixed.

The new speculator/collector doesn't know the difference anyway. Its all about the 1st app/cameo the last few years.

yeah, these books just keep going up.

Interesting side note. Wantedcomix seems to have a near endless supply of these venom variants

I remember them selling the venom variants grouped with a TPB in 2013, 2014 and 2015 , they were ending in the $5 - 30 range. over and over again. They are prolly kicking themselves now. They have sold Dozens and Dozens of each individual book. It seems to me they must have somehow acquired some, or all, of the remaining undistributed copies. Go look at their feedback, if you feel like digging and adding them up.

This is what always scares me about these modern 1: variants. The print run numbers are complete guesses based on ratios and there is no guarantee how many were actually printed, and where the undistributed copies end up.

Here is an old sale from page #200 of their feedback:

More than a year ago

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #633 1:50 VENOM VARIANT COVER SCARCE & FREE THOR HERUCLES 1 (#400550069813) US $22.50

22 bucks and a free TPB lol They have sold dozens of this book, and it seems they still have more.

Edited by Silverdream

yeah, these books just keep going up.

Interesting side note. Wantedcomix seems to have a near endless supply of these venom variants

I remember them selling the venom variants grouped with a TPB in 2013, 2014 and 2015 , they were ending in the $5 - 30 range. over and over again. They are prolly kicking themselves now. They have sold Dozens and Dozens of each individual book. It seems to me they must have somehow acquired some, or all, of the remaining undistributed copies. Go look at their feedback, if you feel like digging and adding them up.

This is what always scares me about these modern 1: variants. The print run numbers are complete guesses based on ratios and there is no guarantee how many were actually printed, and where the undistributed copies end up.

Here is an old sale from page #200 of their feedback:

More than a year ago

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #633 1:50 VENOM VARIANT COVER SCARCE & FREE THOR HERUCLES 1 (#400550069813) US $22.50

22 bucks and a free TPB lol They have sold dozens of this book, and it seems they still have more.

I notice wantedcomix has auctioned off a few of the JIM 633 Venom as well. They seem to be the only one that has auctioned any off. The last one, they said was in raw 7.0 condition and it still went strong.

With only a ~23,000 copies of the regular cover distributed and it being a 1:50, it's hard to fathom any scenario where very many more than ~400 copies of the variant being distributed, let alone printed.

-J.