• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

You people do realize theres nothing you can ever say that will change the other persons opinion on the given subject

The point is to refute the misinformation that people insist on reposting. And to inform new board members. The arguments aren't being made to change another person's opinion. This is an internet message board where most people are incapable of admitting when they are wrong.

You people do realize theres nothing you can ever say that will change the other persons opinion on the given subject

This discussion has nothing to do with opinion. This discussion has everything to do with combatting the deliberate spread of misinformation, and the correction of that misinformation, so others don't make decisions based on bad information.

If I insisted that 2 + 2 = 5, and someone else said "no, 2 + 2 = 4", would that just be two people trying to "change each other's opinion"...?

The variants we get are distributed through Diamond N.A. and there is nothing that I have ever seen that even suggests that they are offered overseas.

Again, what I see are foreign reprints that use many of the variant covers but with different interiors, or covers that are unique to the overseas market that we don't get here.

It is a different market and should not be a part of the conversation.

-J.

"Nothing that I have ever seen that even suggests they are offered overseas."

Except that time board user Ultramanking posted incentive variants for International Iron Man 1 in the Dell'otto thread that he purchased in Hong Kong. On the same day the book released here in the US. With no differences between the copies purchased there and the ones purchased in the US, save for the polybag.

I've def seen the incentive variants same week in Australia as US release. And I def laughed at the prices.

There are at least a dozen more assumptions being made in that convoluted analysis than there are when someone simply estimates based on Comichron's distribution reports (which is also, incidentally, the closest thing to concrete, industry accepted information that we actually have).

-J.

But strangely, Comichron doesn't have any estimates for variant distribution. Why do you think that is? Does JJM just hate variants?

No response to this point, Jaydog? I'm shocked. meh

Agreed.

An opinion and a lie is 2 different things.

How you determine a print run I'm assuming is a matter of opinion.

Sales reflecting 460+ copies and you state "no more than 400" you are misleading people.

A lie is a lie no matter how insignificant not to mention the difference in numbers is very relevant to desirability and value.

Edited by FrankWhite

if it doesn't involve "COMICS HEATING UP". I don't care. Move along! We all know you guys know what you are talking about. So let's move on and see what is heating out there.

The variants we get are distributed through Diamond N.A. and there is nothing that I have ever seen that even suggests that they are offered overseas.

-J.

Really? Not even this, posted by songsaboutclouds, only 10-15 posts before?

No idea but on the last Diamond UK open day we were invited to look through their stock & note down any we wanted to order, we weren't allowed to pull copies as their staff would do this later for us to keep their stock levels correct.

We were after a copy of Wolverine Origins #2 for a customer but found they had none left.

However, they did have 2 full longboxes (600 copies) of Wolverine Origins #2 - 1:100 Canadian Flag Variant! We weren't allowed one.

They were blown out at 25 pence each about 5 months later & we managed to get 50 copies.

This is not a limited incident either, still happens quite a lot

This discussion has nothing to do with opinion. This discussion has everything to do with combatting the deliberate spread of misinformation, and the correction of that misinformation, so others don't make decisions based on bad information.

If I insisted that 2 + 2 = 5, and someone else said "no, 2 + 2 = 4", would that just be two people trying to "change each other's opinion"...?

it's your opinion that there's misinformation being spread. It's their opinion that there isn't.

Ya, I am too lazy and disinterested to read what the hell everyone is talking about soooo....

What's heating up guys?

Venom 1:50 variants. :gossip:

Read this thread so you're informed as to whether you're comfortable paying price X, based on supply issues.

Or don't. YMMV.

it's your opinion that there's misinformation being spread. It's their opinion that there isn't.

Did you read the original post about the variant print number??

Obviously not because it was not an opinion. He stated the print run numbers himself and then claimed "no more than 400 copies" if you did the math HIS MATH. 400 was incorrect and a deliberate spread of misinformation. Not an opinion.

Maybe you should stick to talking about Lois and Clark and Superman 52.

Your very good at that.