• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

You people do realize theres nothing you can ever say that will change the other persons opinion on the given subject

This discussion has nothing to do with opinion. This discussion has everything to do with combatting the deliberate spread of misinformation, and the correction of that misinformation, so others don't make decisions based on bad information.

If I insisted that 2 + 2 = 5, and someone else said "no, 2 + 2 = 4", would that just be two people trying to "change each other's opinion"...?

it's your opinion that there's misinformation being spread. It's their opinion that there isn't.

Did you read the original post about the variant print number??

Obviously not because it was not an opinion. He stated the print run numbers himself and then claimed "no more than 400 copies" if you did the math HIS MATH. 400 was incorrect and a deliberate spread of misinformation. Not an opinion.

Maybe you should stick to talking about Lois and Clark and Superman 52.

Your very good at that.

Did YOU read my original post? Or have you been too busy trolling? (Since I've noticed that's about all you have been doing in the thirty seconds you have been on these boards.)

If not, here is my original post, verbatim:

I notice wantedcomix has auctioned off a few of the JIM 633 Venom as well. They seem to be the only one that has auctioned any off. The last one, they said was in raw 7.0 condition and it still went strong.

With only a ~23,000 copies of the regular cover distributed and it being a 1:50, it's hard to fathom any scenario where very many more than ~400 copies of the variant being distributed, let alone printed.

-J.

You put something I said nothing remotely close to in "quotes" no less, and then accuse me of "misinformation"? :eyeroll:

Bye Bye Troll. :hi:

-J.

Ya, I am too lazy and disinterested to read what the hell everyone is talking about soooo....

What's heating up guys?

Moderns heating up on e-bay

I'm confused...

Most of these books have only 1 or 2 bids.

Explain to me how that's heating up?

Thanks

It's just a generic search link to the most recent modern sales on e-bay that went for more than 15 bucks for people to scroll through and keep busy while they await new posts.

(shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-50-Darkseid-War-Part-10-DC-/262453280644?hash=item3d1b6f3f84:g:9vgAAOSwBw5XRTXU

i'm sure there's a reason to sell a $5.99 comic for $4.15 but haven't figured it out yet.

I just read it and it feels like they tried to cram 3 issues of material into one oversized issue.

Convoluted story with too many moving parts. I sort of want my $6 back.

Disclaimer from recalled comics.. They estimate and guess.

Notes:

[1] Most publishers don't disclose actual print run data and they may not know the exact numbers in any case due to inaccuracies of the printing process leading to overage/underage (it has also been common practice to add 3-10% to the print run as cover against underage, spoilage and other damages). As well as distributed copies, there may be pre-press proofs (may differ from the main print run), spoilage (which can lead to some error variants or comics being pulped), file copies, complimentary copies and other stock that is not distributed at the time. Any disclosed distribution data should be treated with caution as this may not be totally accurate; note also limitations of the data: since around 2009, Diamond North America included most variants they distribute within its disclosed distribution data along with the standard copies as one figure; also the data excludes distribution of the same English language copies outside North America (so, for example, UK distribution via Diamond UK is excluded). Estimates on this site are just that and should be treated as a very rough guide only.

So if anyone wants to take a guess please steal this disclaimer first... then go wild..

You people do realize theres nothing you can ever say that will change the other persons opinion on the given subject

This discussion has nothing to do with opinion. This discussion has everything to do with combatting the deliberate spread of misinformation, and the correction of that misinformation, so others don't make decisions based on bad information.

If I insisted that 2 + 2 = 5, and someone else said "no, 2 + 2 = 4", would that just be two people trying to "change each other's opinion"...?

it's your opinion that there's misinformation being spread. It's their opinion that there isn't.

Did you read the original post about the variant print number??

Obviously not because it was not an opinion. He stated the print run numbers himself and then claimed "no more than 400 copies" if you did the math HIS MATH. 400 was incorrect and a deliberate spread of misinformation. Not an opinion.

Maybe you should stick to talking about Lois and Clark and Superman 52.

Your very good at that.

which would actually be on topic

Ya, I am too lazy and disinterested to read what the hell everyone is talking about soooo....

What's heating up guys?

I'm confused...

Thanks

It's just a generic search link to the most recent modern sales on e-bay that went for more than 15 bucks for people to scroll through and keep busy while they await new posts.

(shrug)

Yes, and 2 + 2 = 5, and Krighton is an 87 year old grandmother from Manitoba who likes to drive Indy cars on the weekends and spoils her grandchildren with luxury yachts.

After all...it's all just opinion, and nothing is true, or can be known to be true...right?

Yes, and 2 + 2 = 5, and Krighton is an 87 year old grandmother from Manitoba who likes to drive Indy cars on the weekends and spoils her grandchildren with luxury yachts.

After all...it's all just opinion, and nothing is true, or can be known to be true...right?

Third time I've checked the board today... an saw this thread ran up to at least 25 new posts... honestly... I can loan you guys a ruler if necessary....

What's heating up guys?

I'm confused...

Thanks

(shrug)

Oh...I did not think of that.

Actually a good idea.

Yea so on topic...The DC superman stuff is intriguing though I do not know much about it.

When things get complicated and reboots run rampant I usually stop reading BUT I can certainly say I will pick up all this superman stuff to read and bring myself back up to speed.

Thanks

Edited by FrankWhite

Or a tape measure... not sure if it's a measuring contest or whizzing contest... but I have the tools for both...

I volunteer my microscope and magnifying glass.. :foryou:

I can assure you that my estimated variant print run is yuuuuuge