• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

I'm not one to gloat. But this is a HUGE score for me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201655311383

That HENCHGIRL #1 is awesome as a nice pick-up.

That book continues to surge, despite the series ending soon, it seems to have a cult following and was picked up to be distributed by Dark Horse and there's whispers (speculation or fact) that the property has been licensed for TV too.

That book continues to surge, despite the series ending soon, it seems to have a cult following and was picked up to be distributed by Dark Horse and there's whispers (speculation or fact) that the property has been licensed for TV too.

Or its all the speculators holding copies.

I have owned and read the book I see nothing outstanding. That being said

it wont matter if they license it because it will blow up.

Are any of you up at Fan Expo? I heard they made a mistake/error on one of the Color Variants and released some on accident. Can anyone confirm this or let us know if it is hot up there?

Batman Fan Expo Color Variant

This seller has sold 10 or so of them for a decent price and another one had a few sets, but no one else has listed them at all.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I don't keep up with this particular thread. My personal observation is that Amazing Spider-Man 529 seems to be priced higher than it was at this time last year. This is the first Amazing Spider-Man issue to tease Marvel's Civil War and the first appearance of the Iron Spider Suit.

Three factors increasing its desirability this year:

1) I think it is riding the positive wave of Captain America: Civil War with Spider-Man in the movie.

2) Marvel's cinematic universe is crediting Tony Stark with playing a role in Spider-Mans suit similar to ASM 529.

3) ASM V. 3 #15 has Mary Jane in the Iron Spider Suit.

I've sold 3 of these at auction (including a 3rd print) in the last three months and they have exceeded my expectations so I decided to mention it here.

I believe the ones in your post were left over stock form previous fanexpo shows. The new one reg & foil were available at Toronto Fanexpo, The foil sold out within hours....all mostly damaged. I believe Dre was the only one who was able to score 9.8's.

I believe the ones in your post were left over stock form previous fanexpo shows. The new one reg & foil were available at Toronto Fanexpo, The foil sold out within hours....all mostly damaged. I believe Dre was the only one who was able to score 9.8's.

But they have the new DC logo on them, so they were obviously a new printing.

Why does no one talk about the first print and its all about the Scout second print or variant third print?

Henchgirl is another head scratcher.

Why does no one talk about the first print and its all about the Scout second print or variant third print?

Because the print run is too low I am thinking. Once you get to a certain level with the printing no one wants the book till its a big hit.

The best they can hope for it similar to Zombie Tramp V3 where the title sells well for an indy and has a niche that some people like.(Not all for sure) Circulation continues to increase and then the 1st prints/V1s will sell for over $1K which is what the first volume of Zombie tramp does.

And people have to like the book. No one is raving about how good Henchgirl is only how much money they are making from it. Asking whether to sell it or hold it. That's not love for the book that pure speculation. At least that's all I see.

2c

Edited by Fastballspecial

Somebody just alerted me to these posts - This is what I know from being there firsthand.

Yes, the print runs on the new BA12 "Three Harleys" Fan Expo Canada Exclusives were horrible. There were common defects, and the funny thing was while there were common defects no comic had more than one of the common defects. So a book of the color print run would have a crunch at the middle of the top, a crunch at the middle of the bottom or a color breaking crescent on the back cover, but only one of them, not two or all three. Considering how beautifully the MegaCons were printed it was a real downer how these looked. The front covers of the colors present well but when you look at the black backs you can see the issues. The foils were just a mess with stuff like big crunches along the bottom right and they would stick together at that point. They are pictured below -

0C20CF47-C34C-40DE-8218-524521167155_zpswejbvixn.jpg

When it comes to the ones reprinted with the DC Logos -

Fan Expo apparently requested another print run of the Batman Adventures 12 Foil they had at MegaCon featuring HQ, Batgirl, & Poison Ivy - The new run was printed with the new DC Rebirth Logo - Print run is supposed to be 1000, and is pictured below. These books also had issues on par with the new "Three Harley" foils for Toronto

4E1D9B43-386D-4B88-8801-1ADC8187B3E6_zpsnxj1p913.jpg

Later in the day Thursday another box was discovered. At first it was thought to be leftover color copies from Megacon. It was a box of 250 of these which also have the new DC Rebirth Logo on it -

18410724-5CAF-40A0-B0F8-B98052598C07_zpskpgkeqx6.jpg

So there was only one box of 250 of this color book pictured above and from what I understand it was not requested by Fan Expo. The print run was horrible. Worst of all the print runs, and that's saying a lot because the other three runs were horrible. They were put out on the tables for sale late in day. The book was just sitting on the exclusives table and I saw and heard that a lot of people passed on buying it since it looked so horrible. I don't think the sellers on eBay know what they might have. From what I heard the book eventually did sell out and no other box was discovered.

Somebody just alerted me to these posts - This is what I know from being there firsthand.

Yes, the print runs on the new BA12 "Three Harleys" Fan Expo Canada Exclusives were horrible. There were common defects, and the funny thing was while there were common defects no comic had more than one of the common defects. So a book of the color print run would have a crunch at the middle of the top, a crunch at the middle of the bottom or a color breaking crescent on the back cover, but only one of them, not two or all three. Considering how beautifully the MegaCons were printed it was a real downer how these looked. The front covers of the colors present well but when you look at the black backs you can see the issues. The foils were just a mess with stuff like big crunches along the bottom right and they would stick together at that point. They are pictured below -

When it comes to the ones reprinted with the DC Logos -

Fan Expo apparently requested another print run of the Batman Adventures 12 Foil they had at MegaCon featuring HQ, Batgirl, & Poison Ivy - The new run was printed with the new DC Rebirth Logo - Print run is supposed to be 1000, and is pictured below. These books also had issues on par with the new "Three Harley" foils for Toronto

Later in the day Thursday another box was discovered. At first it was thought to be leftover color copies from Megacon. It was a box of 250 of these which also have the new DC Rebirth Logo on it -

18410724-5CAF-40A0-B0F8-B98052598C07_zpskpgkeqx6.jpg

So there was only one box of 250 of this color book pictured above and from what I understand it was not requested by Fan Expo. The print run was horrible. Worst of all the print runs, and that's saying a lot because the other three runs were horrible. They were put out on the tables for sale late in day. The book was just sitting on the exclusives table and I saw and heard that a lot of people passed on buying it since it looked so horrible. I don't think the sellers on eBay know what they might have. From what I heard the book eventually did sell out and no other box was discovered.

I was at the show. I confirmed with the Fan Expo Merchandise Manager that this was the only box they got. He even let me in the back when he went in to look through the remaining items and there were none left. The show held back 10 copies, the rest were sold out.

And I can confirm as someone that was there that the print run was TERRIBLE. I'd say that Dre and I have the absolute best of the best copies!

Because no one has this book to pump n dump.

And that is solid proof that this book is nothing but that

Because no one has this book to pump n dump.

And that is solid proof that this book is nothing but that

I have a copy on ebay. there are two versions and I have the earlier one.

I think you are on to something with the pump and dump though.

Why would the Scout Ashcans go for bigger bucks than the original printing? Pump and Dump.

Dragoncon held it's first ever Dragon Awards(fan voted) and Ms. Marvel won best comic for 2016. Just figured I would mention it. Sandman Overture won for best Graphic Novel.

Dragoncon held it's first ever Dragon Awards(fan voted) and Ms. Marvel won best comic for 2016. Just figured I would mention it. Sandman Overture won for best Graphic Novel.

To some degree, this demonstrates what we've been discussing for a while. Readers are shrinking vs cover collectors. Comichron had her most recent issue, Ms Marvel #9, at around 28,000 issues. To put this in perspective, East of a West ( yes, I know, I follow it too closely ) was around 29,000 for it's issue #9. Issues this far in are typically the readers as the speculation hopes usually ride on the first 3 issues. The reason this series was used was because I remember people saying if it was a Big 2 book, it would be cancelled if it fell below 20,000. A lot of good books seem to have ever shrinking readership. They're either going away or reading digital. Hard to say without digital statistics availability. 2c

To some degree, this demonstrates what we've been discussing for a while. Readers are shrinking vs cover collectors. Comichron had her most recent issue, Ms Marvel #9, at around 28,000 issues. To put this in perspective, East of a West ( yes, I know, I follow it too closely ) was around 29,000 for it's issue #9. Issues this far in are typically the readers as the speculation hopes usually ride on the first 3 issues. The reason this series was used was because I remember people saying if it was a Big 2 book, it would be cancelled if it fell below 20,000. A lot of good books seem to have ever shrinking readership. They're either going away or reading digital. Hard to say without digital statistics availability. 2c

There are digital number available though. Watch IcV2. They publish numbers every so often. And I believe Comichron did as well during their wrap up last year.

Digital sales are not as high as some people think. :gossip:

Edited by rjrjr

Discussion of comic quality has no place here!