• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

My Walking Dead books seem to be finally flying off the shelves. Just sold a Walking Dead 108 CGC 9.8 that has sat for awhile. Glad I took the other 3 copies off before the show last night (put one other up as an auction to test the new price point) since it looks like the 9.8 are on their way to the $150 range based on the sales this weekend.

Walking Dead 108

Walking Dead 56 - 58

Walking Dead 83 - 85

I had a NM/M 108 copy signed by Moore and Kirkman....should have it back from CGC in 2-3 weeks. Hoping that the market will be good for it at that time!

I'd think you should be good since he hasn't even shown up in the show yet and I see him being a large part of this season.

Hey guys , here's a "modern heating up" that's isn't Walking Dead" related. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUNISHER-2-Jerome-Opena-1-50-Variant-CGC-9-8-/192007309764?hash=item2cb48709c4:g:X-8AAOSwImRYDpDg

Lasted about an hour then sold full boat. Haven't seen a raw one of these in forever (and never seen a 9.8 for sale). Will probably stay hot, if you can find one (1:50 on a small >32,000 Comichron), with the renewed and resurgent interest in my man The Punisher. :cloud9:

-J.

Same as Red Widow's? I never heard of her before today because I don't read the garbage that Marvel is putting out lately. Aside from Vision (last issue out today), Moon Knight and Punisher I'm only interested in a quick flip when it comes to The Big 2

Pass, reminds me of the hype when this one came out:

Black Widow #3 1:25 Jones Variant

I do love Joelle Jones' work, hopefully the covers she's been doing translates to more interest in Lady Killer. Haven't seen much buzz around Lady Killer Volume 2 which is a shame because it's a great book and she deserves all the praise and then some for her character

Pass, reminds me of the hype when this one came out:

Black Widow #3 1:25 Jones Variant

I do love Joelle Jones' work, hopefully the covers she's been doing translates to more interest in Lady Killer. Haven't seen much buzz around Lady Killer Volume 2 which is a shame because it's a great book and she deserves all the praise and then some for her character

Never read LK vol. 1, but have read the first issue of vol. 2 and I plan to finish that mini out. Was a great first issue for sure.

Same as Red Widow's? I never heard of her before today because I don't read the garbage that Marvel is putting out lately. Aside from Vision (last issue out today), Moon Knight and Punisher I'm only interested in a quick flip when it comes to The Big 2

It would appear the variant for Harley Quinn 26 has lost 80% of its value. Ms Marvel 12, who knows. Looks like a non-canon unused Star Wars cover to me. Usually with variants on a book with a decent readership the variant either takes off by release day or it never does. Not too many variants from the big two go unnoticed these days. 40 bucks for a 1:25 is nice for the day of a book's release but I'm not sure it's going to see a significant jump by the end of the upcoming weekend.

I agree if I was a variant collector I would just sit back for a month and then pick them up cheap or at the $5 or less store.

Speaking of Five Below, one near me has DC 4 packs now in addition to the Marvel packs. Nothing special and no variants though, looks like mostly Convergence and the later 3-D covers etc

I agree if I was a variant collector I would just sit back for a month and then pick them up cheap or at the $5 or less store.

Speaking of Five Below, one near me has DC 4 packs now in addition to the Marvel packs. Nothing special and no variants though, looks like mostly Convergence and the later 3-D covers etc

Convergence should have just been pulped, why torcher the innocent.

Convergence should have just been pulped, why torcher the innocent.

Love it, had to make a Meme.

why_torcher.jpg

Apparently this book has been on the upswing while I wasn't looking....

Batman 655 1:10 Variant

Seems like the Kubert cover used to go for about half this price raw NM. Did I miss the D-Wayne movie announcement?

Wow.

I had a CGC 9.6 slab that was in a box of mine I had dropped and cracked the case.I sold it at a show for $50.

I subbed the book around when it came out, which was my first batch of subs to CGC, years ago.

I had no knowledge of pressing back then so it was not pressed.

With Trump in the lead right now, that news is a nice bit of additional slap-in-my-face.

I think the anticipation for Super Sons is lifting this book right now, movie specs are so 2012.

Honestly I wonder if the spec crowd is getting more into reading books than just looking at pop culture sites for movie announcements.

Edited by Couchy81