• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I 8

I enjoy reading you talking about being a computer wizard.

Why don't you got post something on your web site or go be a moderator somewhere else. I mean really you are wearing out your welcome here. Its like you have a personal grudge against this board and its members.

For someone who wants to sell a lot of comics you personality is killing your business.

Yes because I don't contribute to this thread and I am part of the three or so people that make it almost impossible to post in this thread.

You are correct. The three or so devotees to CBSI that regularly post here are killing this thread. You have your own google group and your own forums, continually rant about how this place sucks and yet you are still here, reading everything daily and baiting other members.

You're right. I represent 2500 people that won't post here because of you and two other posters who berate anything CBSI while pushing this fake information agenda. Just remember that when someone posts something you guys disagree with they get labeled CBSI shills where you proceed to berate them off the CGC boards.

Be willing to bet u a decent amount have accounts here.

The money and members this board has will keep people coming here to buy and sell.

You are kidding yourself

I can come over there and say the same thing but I would get banned. See the difference especially since u are a mod.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Be willing to bet u a decent amount have accounts here.

The money and members this board has will keep people coming here to buy and sell.

You are kidding yourself

I can come over there and say the same thing but I would get banned. See the difference especially since u are a mod.

This forum is an absolute google POWERHOUSE,( which is why CGC would be smart not to switch BB software as Arch was looking at doing previously). This site comes up as the top result on almost any comic book you search, especially if its slabbed.

cBSi want to have(keep) the moderns board and the heating up thread as their personal fleecing grounds to bring in fresh meat, which is why discussion is the biggest threat to them.

say something like

"Hey that Dell'otto is a store variant isn't it?"

gets a froth mouthed reply like

"QUIT WRECKING THE THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

As darkstar pointed out above. No one is against cBSi itself or the good members there, or any other such nonsense. People just want the truth and they want open discussions. Offer people legitimate advice, or evidence for heating up comics, and let the discussion flow.

Funny, I sold A Guardians #1 Manara 1:50 off the shop wall that was $10 off at $25. Might have been me who sold that to you if it was Central Florida.

It couldn't have been at CoC shops down there. I don't think anything is on their wall for $25. They are very proud of their books.

If you have a shop in Central Fla. Ultramagnus, I may have been there at one time.

I am actually in Ft. Lauderdale atm (not sure if I am allowed to mention shops) anybody that knows of Lauderhill should know "the shop" and I'm surprised I even got it for that price!

Thing is...don't think Tate was in lol

Would love to come by your shop sometime though PM me. Thanks

Edited by Juice Head

Funny, I sold A Guardians #1 Manara 1:50 off the shop wall that was $10 off at $25. Might have been me who sold that to you if it was Central Florida.

It couldn't have been at CoC shops down there. I don't think anything is on their wall for $25. They are very proud of their books.

If you have a shop in Central Fla. Ultramagnus, I may have been there at one time.

I am actually in Ft. Lauderdale atm (not sure if I am allowed to mention shops) anybody that knows of Lauderhill should know "the shop" and I'm surprised I even got it for that price!

Not my store at all, I just get to dive in the millions of back issues and the warehouse one day a week as a "day off" from one of my 4 total jobs

It's cool to work for a comic shop because I get to decorate the walls with key books, and concentrate on accurate market speculation by reading a ton of books. Plus the PC and eBay store doesn't suffer, and I collect high grade raws to grade later.

It looks like the only thing heating up around here is talk about CBSI. (shrug)

You cant have it both ways. In the last 2 days Ive listed at least 10 books on here for discussion.

You gotta have discussion both ways about books. Its a give and take and it requires contributions and discussion.

Some just cant have a discussion and never will learn how. This board is moderated well. Once instigators get strikes again it will go back to normal.

Its not like this thread hasn't seen this before.

Not my store at all, I just get to dive in the millions of back issues and the warehouse one day a week as a "day off" from one of my 4 total jobs

It's cool to work for a comic shop because I get to decorate the walls with key books, and concentrate on accurate market speculation by reading a ton of books. Plus the PC and eBay store doesn't suffer, and I collect high grade raws to grade later.

You probably already know this, but I was interested in seeing how CoC prices their books so I watched a clerk pricing new books out in their boxes.

He was using Graham Cracker Comics website which I thought was surprising.

For those that state that three people are ruining this thread, you might want to look in your own reply dialogue box. Other members continuously slander the hard work of members of the larger comic book community and admittedly have an agenda to do such.

This has become a place where if you don't agree with someone's OPINIONS, you call them out every time as being wrong and having ulterior motives. Simple and plain.

I don't post comics anymore in this thread because there are 3-5 people who will combat any and every post. My last heating up book had sold 15+ copies around the day of release at above LCS prices and I was told by those posters it was not heating up. One said it wasn't because one pre-sold a month earlier at a lesser price.

Fastball is the only solid contributor to this thread anymore and I applaud his efforts to try and get things back on track. Fact of the matter is the free lunch that non-contributors (3-5 previously mentioned and lurkers), are looking for is simply not worth the effort.

This has become a place where it is not fun to talk about the hobby.

You cant have it both ways. In the last 2 days Ive listed at least 10 books on here for discussion.

You gotta have discussion both ways about books. Its a give and take and it requires contributions and discussion.

Some just cant have a discussion and never will learn how. This board is moderated well. Once instigators get strikes again it will go back to normal.

This board is moderated well.

Hilarious.

One of the many reasons for CBSI's success is the civil forum that they provide.

This board has degraded into an online asylum.

Overall CGC should be ashamed of what this has become.

Edited by LarrysComics

The amount of bickering on this forum is just sad. I can understand arguments about politics even though I hate those arguments but arguing about comics just seems silly. It's something we all enjoy and come here to talk about. I don't see why it has to become so adversarial.

I don't visit the CBSI forums much because there isn't much discussion there. I do like their articles on the front page though. I know they get accused by guys here of pumping up books so they can sell them for more. Maybe that happens. I don't know. Either way I don't really care. They're interesting and I enjoy them.

I think the CGC boards are very useful as there is no other board that rivals in participation. The sheer numbers of people who post here everyday makes for a good place to come to know about what's going on with comics.

CBSI is great for different reasons. The Top 10 is always high on my list of things to check out. The Google + group has lots of discussion in short bursts with photos which I like.

I'm a noob here but there is a sense that if you aren't in agreement with the long-timers of the board then you are squelched. Have a contrarian opinion? You'll find a lot of resistance here. Just my $0.02.

Hilarious.

One of the many reasons for CBSI's success is the civil forum that they provide.

I'd be curious to see a cBSi's "success" defined. What exactly is it successful at? Where is the proof of this success?

cBSi is successful because of they have a civil discussion board? An invite only G+ group that bans anyone who doesnt drink the kool-aid is hardly a "civil forum".

But, why would a "comic book investing" site be judged successful based on the civility of its forums? (which they arent)

99% of their articles highlight books which are worth less today then when they were written about..... on a site about "investing". That is is not success, but abject failure.

cBSi is successful at *temporarily* pushing up the value of books they highlight (only for them to drop off again soon after). cBSi is successful at helping move store variants, which benefit cBSi and the store, but are worthless as "investments" which is what the site is supposed to be about.

cBSi uses the massive resources and internet traffic of the CGC forums, like a leech, to feed themselves. Obviously blacklisting cBSi would be wrong(and I am free speech nut), but there is no shame that CGC doesnt moderate their forum to make the moderns section a cBSi cheerleading squad as some would have it be.

cBSi's snake oil peddling only works because of the state of the market for comics right now, when it finally turns, they will be washed out with the tide.

Edited by CBT

I don't post comics anymore in this thread because there are 3-5 people who will combat any and every post.

make your post with evidence or facts, and I am sure those people would be on your side.

Also, disagreeing, especially when something is posted with no evidence, is not "combating" you. It's a discussion.

Hilarious.

Your opinion is quite tainted. How many times have you been spanked on here?

I think the CGC boards are very useful as there is no other board that rivals in participation. The sheer numbers of people who post here everyday makes for a good place to come to know about what's going on with comics.

CBSI is great for different reasons. The Top 10 is always high on my list of things to check out. The Google + group has lots of discussion in short bursts with photos which I like.

I'm a noob here but there is a sense that if you aren't in agreement with the long-timers of the board then you are squelched. Have a contrarian opinion? You'll find a lot of resistance here. Just my $0.02.

Sadly I have to agree with you in certain areas especially Comics General. I think other areas are more receptive to new opinions. Really I try to hammer our older board members who are :censored: on here. I try to make them realize we wont grown without new members. Its just like with the general public some on here are just :censored: and there is nothing others can do about it. I just suggest you just put them on ignore your life will be better for it.

I think overall though you wont see it, but in certain areas. Really some they just need to ban from this site altogether. How many times do they need to strike you or give you a month off before they realize they need to go permanently. I get that it is difficult to keep a person off here permanently, but at least they could try.

I used to be on Ebay boards before I join CGC and I didn't like it at first. I thought some were very arrogant and tended to gang up on new members, but I also found when you share your hobby and your interests you will find others that share the same.

It seems much harder on board members who come here only looking to make a $1. Those are the new board members that seem to get the most grief. Because honestly its very tough to trust someone wanting you to buy a $1k book from them with no references. We have a huge list of Hall of Shame and Probation members for that reason.

The amount of bickering on this forum is just sad. I can understand arguments about politics even though I hate those arguments but arguing about comics just seems silly. It's something we all enjoy and come here to talk about. I don't see why it has to become so adversarial.

I don't visit the CBSI forums much because there isn't much discussion there. I do like their articles on the front page though. I know they get accused by guys here of pumping up books so they can sell them for more. Maybe that happens. I don't know. Either way I don't really care. They're interesting and I enjoy them.

Yeah I agree. I like all of the articles I think I have said that many times. Id like to see their board grow past what they have currently which mean more development of their forum which will take time. In this case several years I think.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Hilarious.

I'd be curious to see a cBSi's "success" defined. What exactly is it successful at? Where is the proof of this success?

cBSi is successful because of they have a civil discussion board? An invite only G+ group that bans anyone who doesnt drink the kool-aid is hardly a "civil forum".

But, why would a "comic book investing" site be judged successful based on the civility of its forums? (which they arent)

99% of their articles highlight books which are worth less today then when they were written about..... on a site about "investing". That is is not success, but abject failure.

cBSi is successful at *temporarily* pushing up the value of books they highlight (only for them to drop off again soon after). cBSi is successful at helping move store variants, which benefit cBSi and the store, but are worthless as "investments" which is what the site is supposed to be about.

cBSi uses the massive resources and internet traffic of the CGC forums, like a leech, to feed themselves. Obviously blacklisting cBSi would be wrong(and I am free speech nut), but there is no shame that CGC doesnt moderate their forum to make the moderns section a cBSi cheerleading squad as some would have it be.

cBSi's snake oil peddling only works because of the state of the market for comics right now, when it finally turns, they will be washed out with the tide.

Dude we get it you hate CBSI. You post the exact same junk every time. Move on with your life. CBSI isnt going anywhere but your whining about them gets old. :slapfight:

Hilarious.

Dude we get it you hate CBSI. You post the exact same junk every time. Move on with your life. CBSI isnt going anywhere but your whining about them gets old. :slapfight:

I was thinking he could just write an anti-CBSI rant and put in his sig line with a spoiler tag.

"There is an obvious conflict of interest with CBSI writing about and promoting comics they may profit on, I believe them to be disingenuous and believe their actions to be an irresponsible disservice to the comic collecting community. Please pm me to argue or discuss, or better yet, boycott their site. Thank you for your time and consideration, have a nice day." You can provide links or whatever to your anti-CBSI site.

By the nature about talking about comics 'heating up', there will be some perceived and some real conflicts of interest, and some misinformation (lies or mistakes) mixed in with truth. Its tough to make blanket statements and judgments IMO.

Hilarious.

Your opinion is quite tainted. How many times have you been spanked on here?

giphy.gif