• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I think the CGC boards are very useful as there is no other board that rivals in participation. The sheer numbers of people who post here everyday makes for a good place to come to know about what's going on with comics.

CBSI is great for different reasons. The Top 10 is always high on my list of things to check out. The Google + group has lots of discussion in short bursts with photos which I like.

Yup, like spreading misinformation, and... um... er... pumping worthless drek?

hm I seem to be missing the greatness.

I'm a noob here but there is a sense that if you aren't in agreement with the long-timers of the board then you are squelched. Have a contrarian opinion? You'll find a lot of resistance here. Just my $0.02.

Opinions are worthless unless they are informed and rational. There should be lots of resistance to garbage spewed under the guise of being an "opinion."

On the other hand, the same holds true for "accepted facts" that have been pervasive in the hobby for years (often due to the increasingly irrelevant OPG), but are actually not true. There is no "back cover variant" for Star Trek 1 (to use a recently discussed example), no matter how many OPG editions or CGC labels featured that "information."

Some people have difficulty accepting changes to their long-held beliefs, regardless of the obviousness of the truth.

See Hulk 180, X-Factor 23 and a host of others....

Malibu Sun #13 is doing pretty well right now :baiting:

Edited by Beastfeast

I think the CGC boards are very useful as there is no other board that rivals in participation. The sheer numbers of people who post here everyday makes for a good place to come to know about what's going on with comics.

CBSI is great for different reasons. The Top 10 is always high on my list of things to check out. The Google + group has lots of discussion in short bursts with photos which I like.

Yup, like spreading misinformation, and... um... er... pumping worthless drek?

hm I seem to be missing the greatness.

I'm a noob here but there is a sense that if you aren't in agreement with the long-timers of the board then you are squelched. Have a contrarian opinion? You'll find a lot of resistance here. Just my $0.02.

Opinions are worthless unless they are informed and rational. There should be lots of resistance to garbage spewed under the guise of being an "opinion."

On the other hand, the same holds true for "accepted facts" that have been pervasive in the hobby for years (often due to the increasingly irrelevant OPG), but are actually not true. There is no "back cover variant" for Star Trek 1 (to use a recently discussed example), no matter how many OPG editions or CGC labels featured that "information."

Some people have difficulty accepting changes to their long-held beliefs, regardless of the obviousness of the truth.

See Hulk 180, X-Factor 23 and a host of others....

Not even remotely what I was talking about. Those are acknowledged for what they are. Well, maybe not X-Factor 23 since the first appearance of Death/Archangel is X-Factor 21 (in the monochrome background of a single panel), and 2 full pages (in XF23) devoted to showing an well-established character's change in form and abilities should be sufficient for a "full appearance" designation.

I want to see PROOF from you guys of the transgressions or start another thread in General, or facebook, or anywhere else where we don't derail this one any more. I want to see it so I can stop associating with the people I do on that page if it is true, but HEARSAY is still hearsay and you need to give the people you are accusing things of the ability to debate you openly and fairly in a public forum. But I know not a single one of you would because baseless attacks is all you are good for and YES I've seen the reasons why you think what you do, but they are a witch hunt.

You claim things, then run off into the night without ever backing them up and WE the other people are getting sick of hearing it. I got sick of it so much I finally stood up against some of you and instantly labeled as CBSI like a scarlet letter???? The only labels you should have here are the ones in your slabs.

Yep, still not allowed to post a book heating up but these guys can constantly spread lies about another site they hate, but I am a rebel and want to further the TRANSFORMERS pump so here are 2 moderns heating up on eBay.

Lost Light #1 selling above $100 for the uber rare 1:50. I shared on my IDW thread here, and on CBSI that the Transformers books typically have a 6-10K print run, so a 1:50 will be a surefire hit with collectors looking to complete the variant sets. Niche market.

My eBay is listed below for the pump/dump police, I have 2 copies enroute, 0 sold and none listed.

Optimus Prime #1 1:50 also shares a Paul Pope Variant, also extremely hard to say how many will actually make it out, but again, a 6-10K print run and a 1:50 incentive.

Again, my eBay is right here, I have a total of 5 copies coming, 3 in hand and have yet to list any as I am waiting for all orders to come in before deciding to grade or sell raw after picking my PC copies.

Just want to contribute an actual book heating up with confirmed sales without Thomas, Simon or anyone else from the spec police flaming me. I read and post on CBSI, call me a scammer, a market manipulator all you want because I bought 1% or more of the total copies available of these books I mention and posted about it, and have 0 currently for sale.

What am I supposed to argue with you about here? You post a book with sales to back it up. If the trend continues then its a hot book. You sold to different buyers right? You don't know them right? Nuff said.

All the other stuff you are taking way to personal. My concerns with the site for the most part have been addressed. They posted in their website what I thought they needed to address. Going forward it will make them a better site with less thoughts toward manipulation.

Way too personal.

I want to see PROOF from you guys of the transgressions or start another thread in General, or facebook, or anywhere else where we don't derail this one any more. I want to see it so I can stop associating with the people I do on that page if it is true, but HEARSAY is still hearsay and you need to give the people you are accusing things of the ability to debate you openly and fairly in a public forum. But I know not a single one of you would because baseless attacks is all you are good for and YES I've seen the reasons why you think what you do, but they are a witch hunt.

You claim things, then run off into the night without ever backing them up and WE the other people are getting sick of hearing it. I got sick of it so much I finally stood up against some of you and instantly labeled as CBSI like a scarlet letter???? The only labels you should have here are the ones in your slabs.

Yep, still not allowed to post a book heating up but these guys can constantly spread lies about another site they hate, but I am a rebel and want to further the TRANSFORMERS pump so here are 2 moderns heating up on eBay.

Lost Light #1 selling above $100 for the uber rare 1:50. I shared on my IDW thread here, and on CBSI that the Transformers books typically have a 6-10K print run, so a 1:50 will be a surefire hit with collectors looking to complete the variant sets. Niche market.

My eBay is listed below for the pump/dump police, I have 2 copies enroute, 0 sold and none listed.

Optimus Prime #1 1:50 also shares a Paul Pope Variant, also extremely hard to say how many will actually make it out, but again, a 6-10K print run and a 1:50 incentive.

Again, my eBay is right here, I have a total of 5 copies coming, 3 in hand and have yet to list any as I am waiting for all orders to come in before deciding to grade or sell raw after picking my PC copies.

Just want to contribute an actual book heating up with confirmed sales without Thomas, Simon or anyone else from the spec police flaming me. I read and post on CBSI, call me a scammer, a market manipulator all you want because I bought 1% or more of the total copies available of these books I mention and posted about it, and have 0 currently for sale.

What am I supposed to argue with you about here? You post a book with sales to back it up. If the trend continues then its a hot book. You sold to different buyers right? You don't know them right? Nuff said.

All the other stuff you are taking way to personal. My concerns with the site for the most part have been addressed. They posted in their website what I thought they needed to address. Going forward it will make them a better site with less thoughts toward manipulation.

Way too personal.

He's taking it personal because they are about to make him an admin at cbsi. They already made him one on the youtube podcast live chat.

Why do you think he defends their corruption so hardcore here?

You could read the previous posts in this thread for starters.

Alternatively ask 8802 which eBay account he used to bid on the NYX #3 CGC 9.9 that ended the first week of November. For someone who claims he only has one eBay account, it's quite odd that he stated he put in a bid on that book when his username doesn't show up on the list of bidders. Of course the usernames are scrambled, but the feedback scores of the bidders are not.

Nothing Earth shattering, or probably new to this thread, but just had a decent sale on Infinity War 1-6 full set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262735746545?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

(thumbs u

Overall seems to be getting some good returns for $1 books two years ago. Wait until the movie gets closer!

Yep, I paid about $2 a piece for all of them. Free shipping cost me $7 priority with materials. Even after fees I'll take that all day.

Raw King seems upset he cannot Raw King it with $100 Copies of Gamora Checcetto's as I stated the market was falsely inflated via Pre-Orders. Anything you have to say to me just makes you look angry about that still.

I was made mod on a youtube chat and didn't even realize I was, or how to ban you or I would have taken care of that asap.

Which you tube account are you using there Kevin? LOLOLOL

Alternatively ask 8802 which eBay account he used to bid on the NYX #3 CGC 9.9 that ended the first week of November. For someone who claims he only has one eBay account, it's quite odd that he stated he put in a bid on that book when his username doesn't show up on the list of bidders. Of course the usernames are scrambled, but the feedback scores of the bidders are not.

Who, Proof, Links, Details, Pictures! Stop being Cryptic!

I have read enough of the last 4300 plus pages to know why you don't get along, not once have you posted the PROOF so many of us have asked. Hearsay, Slander, Libel........that's all you have. As an agent of the public I cannot stand attacks without the facts.

A little FYI, I know bad eggs are everywhere. I am good with CBSI because a member tired to hose me on a book, and the head guys got involved to make sure the issues were non issues. I even showed such good faith I returned the book after eBay told me to keep it.

Keep crying wolf, we won't believe you any more soon.

Now, I just wish I had more than 2 copies of 'Tec 850 from my PC. Don't really even want to part my under set right now. Though I did open that book to see what the 1st App angle was about.

Definitely a cameo with no name placed on the group. Just a precursor to GCS #1 towards the end. Would still like to find a couple more though!

This whole run during that period of 'Tec is really good for those that have not read them.

Nothing Earth shattering, or probably new to this thread, but just had a decent sale on Infinity War 1-6 full set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262735746545?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

(thumbs u

Overall seems to be getting some good returns for $1 books two years ago. Wait until the movie gets closer!

Yep, I paid about $2 a piece for all of them. Free shipping cost me $7 priority with materials. Even after fees I'll take that all day.

Awesome sale. I grabbed a bunch of dealer back stock a few years back after the name of the movie was revealed. Guess I better dig them out.

Raw King seems upset he cannot Raw King it with $100 Copies of Gamora Checcetto's as I stated the market was falsely inflated via Pre-Orders. Anything you have to say to me just makes you look angry about that still.

I was made mod on a youtube chat and didn't even realize I was, or how to ban you or I would have taken care of that asap.

Which you tube account are you using there Kevin? LOLOLOL

Who, Proof, Links, Details, Pictures! Stop being Cryptic!

I have read enough of the last 4300 plus pages to know why you don't get along, not once have you posted the PROOF so many of us have asked. Hearsay, Slander, Libel........that's all you have. As an agent of the public I cannot stand attacks without the facts.

A little FYI, I know bad eggs are everywhere. I am good with CBSI because a member tired to hose me on a book, and the head guys got involved to make sure the issues were non issues. I even showed such good faith I returned the book after eBay told me to keep it.

Keep crying wolf, we won't believe you any more soon.

What are you talking about? For one, who the hell is "Kevin"? And two, why are you bringing up Gamora Checchetto variants?

Marco Checchetto has another hot variant out tomorrow. His 1:25 for Gamora #1 is already selling between $80-100.

All copies between $10-50 were snatched up days ago, and auctions are starting to get a lot of action.

His Thunderbolts #7 1:25 from a couple weeks back is still on fire as well. All copies selling well above $100.

I would seek out the Gamora #1 1:25 at shops tomorrow.

So.....How about that $100 book you were pumping, but nobody jumped on you here for it because you rooting for their cause, oh wait! I DID.

This has been going for a loooooooong while

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITY-WAR-1-2-3-4-5-6-COMPLETE-SET-GAUNTLET-THANOS-WARLOCK-AVENGERS-MOVIE-NM-/301614071046?hash=item4639997d06:g:qUcAAOSwPhdVQXxf

Sorry for not reporting sooner, but I was distracted by all the bickering on thsi thread of late

Marco Checchetto has another hot variant out tomorrow. His 1:25 for Gamora #1 is already selling between $80-100.

All copies between $10-50 were snatched up days ago, and auctions are starting to get a lot of action.

His Thunderbolts #7 1:25 from a couple weeks back is still on fire as well. All copies selling well above $100.

I would seek out the Gamora #1 1:25 at shops tomorrow.

So.....How about that $100 book you were pumping, but nobody jumped on you here for it because you rooting for their cause, oh wait! I DID.

For one, I wasn't pumping anything. I simply reported an observation. I couldn't care less what that book does. I'm not invested in it, would NEVER buy a modern variant at an inflated price, etc. I never told anyone to buy it anywhere but at their lcs. A 1:25 variant at a lcs can usually be had between cover price and 20 bucks. To NOT buy that book at that price would be foolish.

So take your "pumping'' accusations back to Trey.

And you never did explain who "Kevin" was. I've now been accused of being two different people here. The paranoia is comical.

Nobody important at least. I know your 1st post was to blatantly discredit CBSI in the Dell'Otto Venom thread, and from what I know you aren't allowed to have 2 accounts here.

I also know you can be all hardcore behind a screen name, but you cannot escape Karma.