• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

I got a bunch of Invincible Iron Man 7s when the whole RiRi Williams thing hit.I subbed one and it came back 9.4. I figured that was that and put it to the side. This weekend I decided to see what they were going for and saw that a cgc 9.4 sold for $50 shipped. I listed mine for that and it sold first day.

Just puttin' that out there. hm

Superior Spider-Man #20, Campbell. A 9.8 copy hit $500 and two raw copies have sold for $310 and $315 in the last week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Spider-Man-20-J-Scott-Campbell-Variant-CGC-9-8-NM-Signed-By-STAN-LEE-/152357262219?hash=item237933538b:g:x4sAAOSwr2RYKM~L

-J.

The raw copies are more impressive to me. The link is to a copy signed by Stan Lee. I'd think there would be quite a premium attached to that sig. What do you think ?

Superior Spider-Man #20, Campbell. A 9.8 copy hit $500 and two raw copies have sold for $310 and $315 in the last week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Spider-Man-20-J-Scott-Campbell-Variant-CGC-9-8-NM-Signed-By-STAN-LEE-/152357262219?hash=item237933538b:g:x4sAAOSwr2RYKM~L

-J.

The raw copies are more impressive to me. The link is to a copy signed by Stan Lee. I'd think there would be quite a premium attached to that sig. What do you think ?

All low feedback involved on both sides of that sale as well, and I believe they charge $100 for Stan Lee's signature so I agree that this one is not a fair judge of market.

+ (Almost) All Campbell's sell. This book has also been "hot" for a while IMO.

-J.

Doesn't that mean the 9.8 copy was undervalued then?

-J.

All low feedback involved on both sides of that sale as well, and I believe they charge $100 for Stan Lee's signature so I agree that this one is not a fair judge of market.

One of my local shops wants $500-600 for raw new books signed by Stan Lee.

Next time I am in there I will snap a pic of the New Spider-man & Spider Gwen/Silk books signed by Stan Lee they want $500 for.

-J.

Doesn't that mean the 9.8 copy was undervalued then?

Only to the buyer . . . :grin:

-J.

One of my local shops wants $500-600 for raw new books signed by Stan Lee.

Next time I am in there I will snap a pic of the New Spider-man & Spider Gwen/Silk books signed by Stan Lee they want $500 for.

Yikes that is scary crazy.

1:100 Adams Joker cover, I'm surprised it's not going for more. First time I've seen it mentioned

1:10

It had a nice uptick about two years ago. I remember because I was looking for one for a show I was going to that Adams was at.

I'm inclined to think it's not even a ratio variant. MCS is very good about identifying and specifying ratio books, along with the required ordering ratios on their site and even they just call it a "limited variant".

-J.

1:100 Adams Joker cover, I'm surprised it's not going for more. First time I've seen it mentioned

It had a nice uptick about two years ago. I remember because I was looking for one for a show I was going to that Adams was at.

I'm inclined to think it's not even a ratio variant. MCS is very good about identifying and specifying ratio books, along with the required ordering ratios on their site and even they just call it a "limited variant".

-J.

They also don't have the 1:10 listed for #1.

SALVATION RUN #1 Standard Edition (SEP070153) is on Final Order Cutoff on Thursday, October 25. As a reminder, retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (SEP070154), featuring a cover by Joe Corroney, for every ten copies of the Standard Edition ordered.

honestly don't think that joker cover looks very good. I remember getting a shot at it at my LCS for like $10-$15 a while back. Hard Pass. Although I do think a lot of low-ish print run or iconic-ish cool joker covers will someday be at least someone what valuable.

-J.

They also don't have the 1:10 listed for #1.

SALVATION RUN #1 Standard Edition (SEP070153) is on Final Order Cutoff on Thursday, October 25. As a reminder, retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (SEP070154), featuring a cover by Joe Corroney, for every ten copies of the Standard Edition ordered.

FWIW, CBSI has it as a 1:25.

http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/03/13/hot-10-comics-7/

Either way, I put the likelihood of it being a "1:100" at a 0:0.

-J.