• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

We looked, it's a majority of percentile variants nobody wanted, all the goods were gone in minutes of Diamond sending out the email,

And it is still a bunch of Secret Wars variants leftover from last years sale.

Conspiracy theorists, begone. Drinking that BC kool aid is bad for your health.

So the good stuff went ultra quick which would be expected with money to be made. But all of those goods will soon be hitting the market either in slabs or raw where they previously were taking up space in a warehouse.

We looked, it's a majority of percentile variants nobody wanted, all the goods were gone in minutes of Diamond sending out the email,

So the good stuff went ultra quick which would be expected with money to be made. But all of those goods will soon be hitting the market either in slabs or raw where they previously were taking up space in a warehouse.

sitting in a warehouse

That is the key to everything. The truth is out there...

the roughly 10-20 copies were always there, but it's ok if you want to roll with the conspiracy theory. I bet you think all books are 9.8 condition when sitting in these warehouses.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Today's "junk" is tomorrows cash pile.

I've done fantastic on every one of these sales.

Most retailers look at what's NOT on the list & get discouraged.

I look at what has potential.

Example:

The last few had assorted Tradd Moore Ghost Riders that were dead as mess at the time of sale. They turned into cash pigs.

If you have even ounce of talent buying moderns, Many No brainers here.

Doesn't sound like junk, particularly if its cheap enough. Pretty much any deadpool variant is going to have some market, for example, and there seem to be interesting things there.

I bought a ton of variants like 3-5 years ago uber cheap from my LCS (3 for $2). He was clearing off the shelves. Sold a bunch here and made my money back and then some, easy, but still had about 70% of them. I am pretty pleased that a lot of them are in the same ballpark value-wise as back then, give or take. none of these were super expensive, but I see a lot of stuff still selling in the $6-$12 range.

Doesn't sound like junk, particularly if its cheap enough. Pretty much any deadpool variant is going to have some market, for example, and there seem to be interesting things there.

I bought a ton of variants like 3-5 years ago uber cheap from my LCS (3 for $2). He was clearing off the shelves. Sold a bunch here and made my money back and then some, easy, but still had about 70% of them. I am pretty pleased that a lot of them are in the same ballpark value-wise as back then, give or take. none of these were super expensive, but I see a lot of stuff still selling in the $6-$12 range.

3-5 years ago there were many more true ratio variants and only one per issue. Now you have 5 different ratio variants plus a baby, action figure and a theme of the month variant.

3-5 years ago there were many more true ratio variants and only one per issue. Now you have 5 different ratio variants plus a baby, action figure and a theme of the month variant.

When I bought these it seemed like a huge number of variants were coming out. This was around Siege, Heroic Age, I have some Women of Marvel in there, there were a bunch of those DCs that were all B&W covers

Holy cow, I had no idea the later issues, in the 20s, of tnmt vol. 4 were bringing nice coin. Now I have to dig through my boxes. I feel like these were in the cheap - o bins 10 years ago...

Found one online for $5.00.

Hoping it doesn't suddenly vanish from inventory, or suffer a price correction.

Id say your odds are 50/50 let us know.

I am betting you wont see it.

I'll keep you posted.

It's from a mid western chain of stores that rhymes with "Damn Packers"

lol

GRAHAM CRACKERS !

IMG_0797_zpspktmdj52.jpg

You should sell that before people realize that Catwoman #89 is the first appearance of the gotham city sirens.

Thank you! With all the bluster that goes on in this thread from time to time, it's nice to see hard information like this.

You should sell that before people realize that Catwoman #89 is the first appearance of the gotham city sirens.

From the 91 series?

yep

RCO002_1462009114.jpg

RCO006_1462009114.jpg

RCO007_1462009114.jpg

RCO008_1462009114.jpg

RCO010_1462009114.jpg

RCO014_1462009114.jpg

man! let the cat out of the bag!

A significantly greater and real 1st Appearance (runs to garage . . .) (thumbs u