• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

This is what I got on it, after flipping through my copies. *spoilers ahead*

1. detective comics #850: The 3 femme fatals rob Thomas Elliot *Hush* of his riches in a team effort. *Last few pages*

2. Catwoman #89 : Harley is pitching a idea for a kids show in the form of a cartoon with the 3 starring. Everything in the scans on the previous page depict her MIND at work for the pitch. None of it happened*never confirmed*, it is fabricated for a pitch to tv executives.

So..... idk??? lol I don't have a copy of harley quinn #3 to weigh in.

The cover to Harley Quinn #3 is superb, and should be enough.

People went nuts on Swamp Thing #50, calling it the first appearance of the Justice League Dark, despite it involving characters who were not in the team when it officially started, the name never being used, and nobody agreeing to be a team. They just came together to fix the one problem out of cosmic necessity.

This is what I got on it, after flipping through my copies. *spoilers ahead*

1. detective comics #850: The 3 femme fatals rob Thomas Elliot *Hush* of his riches in a team effort. *Last few pages*

2. Catwoman #89 : Harley is pitching a idea for a kids show in the form of a cartoon with the 3 starring. Everything in the scans on the previous page depict her MIND at work for the pitch. None of it happened*never confirmed*, it is fabricated for a pitch to tv executives.

So..... idk??? lol I don't have a copy of harley quinn #3 to weigh in.

Actually everything in Catwoman #89 happened.The back story about Catwoman, her parents, and her sister is canon and is reiterated in Gotham City Sirens and plays a role in that series. Same thing with Catwoman and Harley escaping prison and kidnapping Gordon. Harley kills the executives because they go full Marvel and attempt to change her story to appeal to a wider audience.

Screenshot_20170116_193141.png

When a speculation site pushes the wrong book do you think they feel bad? Do they even do research to make sure they got it right before their followers spend money on the recommendations?

Tec #850 is the beginning story to GCS and leads into GCS #1. They have teamed up prior to TEC #850.

This book came out the same month as Catwoman #89 (according to wikia). All front and center...but not a GCS story.

Harley_Quinn_Vol_1_3_zpszes2xpru.jpg

I really don't mind their site (CBSI). I think they do a lot of work and its a fun read. I know I am responsible for my own research and purchases. What I dont like is reading about guys "flipping books" for new cars and all of the spec bragging with no regard or respect for collecting comics. Again I dont have to be bothered by an opposing view of what comic books are for.

I was seriously wondering if they ever felt bad for chest thumping a book that was a bad spec.

Edited by paul747

Yes I read that as well, I am just saying it's not happening at that moment. That is why I said " not confirmed" to leave it open for debate.

She may be recalling real events, and if she was then the gotham city sirens would've already been a thing way back in 2000 officially* they were not*

Harley said they became a team at "that point", so why wouldn't DC expand on that right after. Most likely because her story was not 100% true.

Either way it just constitutes to a warped back story/flashback.

Is it possible that the ones at cbsi that were pumping up TEC850 did so because it was a $1-3 easy to find book and Harley Quinn #3/Catwoman #89 were already tougher to find and both going for $20+ in most cases? Not to mention they didn't talk about TEC850 until after Gotham City Sirens #1 became a $50-60+ raw book as well.

This is getting ridiculous. I'm surprised no one said Batman Adventures 12 as the 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens since they all appear in a comic together for the 1st time. lol

No, it's not the 1st appearance.

What is ridiculous? The market went after Tec 850. If the market has deemed that a book to have then an earlier book which features the three together as a team should also be considered a book to have, no?

Nobody is talking about BA 12 because they aren't a team in that book; they are fighting with each other.

Or..............unlike some of us that played the game early, they did not grab any copies of GCS #1 pre-announcement and were left trying to find cheaper alternates to pump. lol

I started buying GCS a couple of years ago (or four?) when demand was ramping up at local shows, but I wish I had loaded up on more copies of #1. I think I only have a handful left.

Edited by kimik

Shouldn't it be the first time the term Gotham City Sirens is actually written in print on the page? Like the idea is actually there for the readers.

Gotham City Sirens only appears once in text during the Gotham City Sirens run, outside of the covers, in issue 18 when the animal shelter is referred to as the home of the Sirens. None of the Sirens, or any other character, refers to the trio as the Sirens anywhere in the 26 issue run.

A precedent exists showing interest in teams before they officially become labeled a team anyway. Sub-mariner 34/35, Swamp Thing 49/50, Showcase '96 3.

This is getting ridiculous. I'm surprised no one said Batman Adventures 12 as the 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens since they all appear in a comic together for the 1st time. lol

No, it's not the 1st appearance.

What is ridiculous? The market went after Tec 850. If the market has deemed that a book to have then an earlier book which features the three together as a team should also be considered a book to have, no?

Nobody is talking about BA 12 because they aren't a team in that book; they are fighting with each other.

Thanks for coming out. We already know that. It's was a joke.

Edited by juggernaut