• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Or..............unlike some of us that played the game early, they did not grab any copies of GCS #1 pre-announcement and were left trying to find cheaper alternates to pump. lol

I started buying GCS a couple of years ago (or four?) when demand was ramping up at local shows, but I wish I had loaded up on more copies of #1. I think I only have a handful left.

BINGO!!!! The same people who pumped Gotham City Sirens #1 3 to 4 years ago didn't have anymore copies and needed a cheaper alternative to pump. (Just do a search and you will find it)

I wish they would just accept GCS 1 as the 1st appearance and move on. The funny part is this will happen again with another book they've pumped to early and are left within no copies only to pump a cheaper alternative later.

I will let the market or collecting community decide what is the 1st appearance, I just post the information.

Or..............unlike some of us that played the game early, they did not grab any copies of GCS #1 pre-announcement and were left trying to find cheaper alternates to pump. lol

I started buying GCS a couple of years ago (or four?) when demand was ramping up at local shows, but I wish I had loaded up on more copies of #1. I think I only have a handful left.

BINGO!!!! The same people who pumped Gotham City Sirens #1 3 to 4 years ago didn't have anymore copies and needed a cheaper alternative to pump. (Just do a search and you will find it)

I wish they would just accept GCS 1 as the 1st appearance and move on. The funny part is this will happen again with another book they've pumped to early and are left within no copies only to pump a cheaper alternative later.

I will let the market or collecting community decide what is the 1st appearance, I just post the information.

Agreed, again, read the explanation as to why Tec is relevant. GCS is a series title. They don't even say it in the story.

Edited by ygogolak

The current era of "speculation".

"Hey, you told me it was this issue! I didn't do any of my own research, but it's now wrong!"

Catwoman #89 DC February 2001 2000-12-27

Harley Quinn #3 DC February 2001 2000-12-13

Except in Harley Quinn #3 it isn't just the trio. And they also deny the idea of becoming a team.

Screenshot_20170116_113556.png

Screenshot_20170116_113526.png

Catwoman 89 is just the three of them, specifically stating that they're a team.

But tell me more about this research.

Dude, they are frolicking on the cover of HQ 3, it's done (and I sold m copy a while ago...)

Agreed, again, read the explanation as to why Tec is relevant. GCS is a series title. They don't even say it in the story.

Stop looking for a fight you are going to lose. I never once said Detective Comics 850 or any other book was not important. I said the books are weak on evidence as 1st appearance. I never told anyone not to get it.

I never once said Detective Comics 850 or any other book was not important. I said the books are weak on evidence as 1st appearance. I never told anyone not to get it.

Never question the Juggernaut . . . :hi: Ok, I'll say it their "appearance" in Tec 850 is so weak, you literally have to paw through the book 3 or 4 times to find it, and then . . . disappointment. GSC is a great first issue of title, but I'm inclined to go with either of the other two, but certainly NOT Tec 850. :sumo:

(Disclaimer: already sold all Tec 850s that I had) :grin:

Looks like Trey and Topher totally screwed up on Detective Comics #850. Haha!

Trey and the cBSi followers were practically on their knees in front of Topher over TEC850. Trey even claimed it was one of the "specs of the year"! Haha!

When are people going to learn and stop listening to them? This is yet another example of them pumping and dumping a $1-3 book in order to create buzz, cash out and then ultimately ignore how they were dead, dead wrong.

I strongly believe they do more harm than good for the market.

Don't know what you are talking about.... you don't sell comics? seriously tired of trolls on this thread...

First off, I'm not trolling whatsoever.

What exactly do you mean when you say you don't know what I'm talking about? It's pretty simple. They literally pumped up Detective Comics #850 as the 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens. Before Topher posted a thread on CBSI, it was easily found online and ebay for $1-3 a copy. Then he and Trey pumped it up around the clock for days on end, it vanished from ebay and now sells for $30+ a copy based on a false labeling of 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens, a label they single-handedly created. Trey even said on their board, as well as the podcast, that this was one of the specs of the year.

Well here we are now finding out there are at least 2 other books that are absolutely before TEC850 with the Gotham City Sirens together.

Oh, and what does me selling or not selling books have to do with anything I posted?

huh?

Good discussion on the GCS topic. I don't own any copies of any of the books mentioned herr but based on everything said and shown I know which book I'd buy if I wanted to collect their first app.

All of them? (shrug)

Well the early Harley covers already have value, anything heating up I'd buy to flip... So I guess yea all of them if I can find em in the wild.

I know a poll won't resolve this, but at least we can get an idea of what the collecting community is thinking.

I am fine with the results so far as I have more Harley #3s and GCS #1s than the other books. lol

Edited by kimik

This is getting ridiculous. I'm surprised no one said Batman Adventures 12 as the 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens since they all appear in a comic together for the 1st time. lol

No, it's not the 1st appearance.

Would this be a bad time to mention Brave and Bold 54?

This is getting ridiculous. I'm surprised no one said Batman Adventures 12 as the 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens since they all appear in a comic together for the 1st time. lol

6C42F651-C8E0-4CCE-B2BA-9701A1A11E53.jpg

Oh I see now, it's their 1st meeting and it's considered the 1st Teen Titans...

E305A759-FCCE-4F90-968C-2C2B8FDF7325.png

Oh I see now, it's their 1st meeting and it's considered the 1st Teen Titans...

E305A759-FCCE-4F90-968C-2C2B8FDF7325.png

And then Brave and the Bold 60 was the first mention of the name "Teen Titans". So he might be onto something with the BA12. But then again, I don't think they fought together (shrug)