• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

That's exactly why they don't want anyone to ask eBay....because eBay will allow the refund based on a book not being what is claimed to be in the listing for 30 days. Sellers who sold copies using 1st appearance of GCS in Tec 850 would have to take returns and refunds on the listing. Ebay will side with buyer as its super buyer friendly.

I miss the simpler times before the internet/email when people got crazy about which book was the first appearance.

The fights I had with comic folks about Wolverine's first appearance, IH180 or 181, via the US Postal Service were the best.

Granted I had to wait up to a weeks time to be screamed at in the wirtten form that IH180 is the true first appearance, but I cherish those hand written letters. :cloud9:

I preferred faxing the arguments back and forth with my cousin.

I preferred smoke signals . . . :grin:

I am absolutely loving the other convo going on in here. Its great and hilarious. Here we are writing Drunk History with the last 20 pages and all the non-sense being said, and here's this nice pleasant conversation and people reminiscin' .

I miss the simpler times before the internet/email when people got crazy about which book was the first appearance.

The fights I had with comic folks about Wolverine's first appearance, IH180 or 181, via the US Postal Service were the best.

Granted I had to wait up to a weeks time to be screamed at in the wirtten form that IH180 is the true first appearance, but I cherish those hand written letters. :cloud9:

(thumbs u

:o LETTERS! You had LETTERS???

We had to use Smoke Signals or Drums!!! :preach:

divad beat you to the smoke signals. :D

divad beat you to the smoke signals. :D

We used Semaphore signals. Went through a lot of flags trying debating FF 67/Thor 165/MP 1.

Faxing isnt bad but you don't get the tears of angry (actual wet drops) that something find their way on the written page.

I'm not all that certain the dried drops were tears.....

Faxing isnt bad but you don't get the tears of angry (actual wet drops) that something find their way on the written page.

I'm not all that certain the dried drops were tears.....

:sick:

Back on track for a bit? Logan trailer drops, does NYX 3 (I know this book is mentioned a lot), keep rising? 9.8's are $850, 9.6's are $550, and 9.4's are $450. Does this book come crashing down? Is it a long term hold? Remember 9.8's of this book were $350 1 1/2 years ago.

I know the book spiked and fell a bit from almost $1000.

Edited by drotto

I think it will only go up, this is the very beginning of X-23 in film, and I am SURE they will milk every last drop (see: existing xmen franchise). It may plane off and have it's ups and downs between movies but I doubt any "crashing down" will happen.

Edit: UNLESS they completely jack up the character and/or the movies are bad, I still see it being a grail though.

Edited by Hickok8AA8

This is a very unique listing and I can't say I understand what is being sold to be honest since it hasn't been released yet. I guess they have a connection at the publisher and know exactly how many mistakes were printed?

In Shops: Jan 25, 2017

CIH?#1 - BA - BLACK ANGEL EDITION

amed for the patch of black ink covering all of the angel figures in panels 2 and 4 of page 5.

There are only 21 copies known to exist besides this one.

CIH?#1 - PBA - PARTIAL BLACK ANGEL EDITION

There are only 30 copies known to exist besides this one.

Back on track for a bit? Logan trailer drops, does NYX 3 (I know this book is mentioned a lot), keep rising? 9.8's are $850, 9.6's are $550, and 9.4's are $450. Does this book come crashing down? Is it a long term hold? Remember 9.8's of this book were $350 1 1/2 years ago.

Long term hold unless you need the money.

Long term hold unless you need the money.

It appears they used a vile of Logan's blood to create her. Any love for Wolverine 80 coming? (shrug)

Southern Bastards 1-16

Thats a much better number than in December for Southern Bastards and this was a VF/NM listing.

God Country

This book is selling for $25-$30 for a combo of 1A and 1B. Seven to Eternity 1A, 1B, 1C, and 1D were selling for up to $59 as a set within 2 weeks of release. Very similar $ per book. Thought maybe we were experiencing another Image landslide but other recent #1s such as Curse Words, The Few, Reborn, and others just aren't having the same success on the secondary market.

Avengers Arena #14

Hard to say what is happening with this book as it has sold for $5 to $20 this month. Still, it seems worth noting the $18 and $20 sales.

X-23 #1 Limited red 2nd

Book seems to be moving on the trailer release..which was absolutely great ! (thumbs u

I sold a red variant X-23 #1 a few months ago for about $40, so I don't think it's really moved much. Seems like there's more fluctuation recently, actually. I think sale range when I sold mine was in the $30-45 range for anything in the previous month. Now it's all over the place by a cursory glance.