• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

This seems a little excessive to me. Forcing the market by turning a $20 book into a $300 overnight. Seller lists the book as "on fire," despite zero recent sales and other auctions hovering in the $25 range. :facepalm: Dark times ahead my friends.

Ridiculous I Kill Giants Listing

no one will buy it so it doesn't matter

Put it on a speculator web site and they will come. I mean really

I would love to see an experiment on it.

I think #1 is worth between $80 and $150 in condition. But thats why the guy has a best offer feature.

$300 yeah, is unreasonable, but the best offer feature is there for a reason, i guess.

Consistent $100 plus seller raw

This seems a little excessive to me. Forcing the market by turning a $20 book into a $300 overnight. Seller lists the book as "on fire," despite zero recent sales and other auctions hovering in the $25 range. :facepalm: Dark times ahead my friends.

I think #1 is worth between $80 and $150 in condition. But thats why the guy has a best offer feature.

$300 yeah, is unreasonable, but the best offer feature is there for a reason, i guess.

tree fiddy

:cloud9: Memories of being accused of market manipulation in 2015

tree fiddy

:cloud9: Memories of being accused of market manipulation in 2015

IKG is a great read, it's nice to see it getting some mention.

Was some form of an update in regards to the movie announced?

A 9.8 copy of Bone #1 sold in December on eBay. Whiich was a short time after the news of Bone being optioned was released. I know it's not an easy book to stumble upon but thought it was worthy of being mentioned, because if I'm not mistaken is a new GPA high of $4750.

Yep, GPA only has 2 sales for CGC 9.8 Bone #1.

$4,750 in December 2016 and $3,216 in 2008. Owners of that book don't seem willing to sell. lol

A 9.8 copy of Bone #1 sold in December on eBay. Whiich was a short time after the news of Bone being optioned was released. I know it's not an easy book to stumble upon but thought it was worthy of being mentioned, because if I'm not mistaken is a new GPA high of $4750.

$4,750 in December 2016 and $3,216 in 2008. Owners of that book don't seem willing to sell. lol

It is definitely one of those books that tends to stay in collections. I do know of a few private sales and the $4750 is also higher than any private sale I'm aware of.

It's also an incredibly difficult series to complete a 9.8 set of. Even if any one happens to see any solid 9.8 candidates of the later issues in the wild they are worth picking up, I know I'd personally love to see some later issue 9.8's hit the market for my run.

I kill giants is an upcoming movie

I guess you are talking about bone? I think bone has a popularity wayyyyyyyyyyyy beyond whatever paltry comic sales it had. My son and his friends devoured the bone tpbs. They are in every public library and very well read. It may very well be that millions of kids have read them even if Jeff smith didn't see all the money for that.

Not sure why bone does not have a movie. Seems like a no brainer.

There have been six sales by my count including the first blue label 9.8 that hit the market in 2008. Two of these were private sales in 2015 and two were on ComicLink.

Interesting given that Bone got some good acclaim fairly early, so you'd think people would have hunted down the #1s that were out there and stuck them in mylar. then again, finding a 9.8 that was bought off the rack and read is not an easy task.

I guess you are talking about bone? I think bone has a popularity wayyyyyyyyyyyy beyond whatever paltry comic sales it had. My son and his friends devoured the bone tpbs. They are in every public library and very well read. It may very well be that millions of kids have read them even if Jeff smith didn't see all the money for that.

Not sure why bone does not have a movie. Seems like a no brainer.

Of course I was. :sumo:

Tales To Astonish #13 is the 1st appearance of a Groot but Annihilation Conquest Starlord #1 is the 1st appearance of THE Groot.

Go...

I'm wondering, because of his popularity, if CGC should note baby groot's 1st appearance on the label.

Totally Awesome Hulk 15 features some cool spec. I read the issue, and the story is about the formation of an Asian superhero team. Kamala, Hulk, and Silk are three fan favorites from this group. I read the info on another site, and noticed all the variant buyitnows have sold in the last two weeks. The story drove me to grab a copy of the variant. Huge market with an Asian team, and that title is a very low print run.