• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Star Wars is a pretty giant market though.  Blowing up the census all at once might not help, but the pick with a billion uncirculated copies is not out there.  I guess the direct version in 9.8 will be the one to chase now!

I have a lot of star wars books, strangely, I don't think i have this one.  maybe you hogged up all the copies!

4 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I thought that as well, and then Mark Hamill tweeted this... Probably means nothing, but it got everybody chasing the book

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like  a seller trying to rig the system.

The book can be found relatively cheap: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=walking+dead+1+10th&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwalking+dead+1+10th+variant.TRS1&_nkw=walking+dead+1+10th+variant&_sacat=0

Edited by Kyle R.

What's going on for ASM #4 Ramos 1:10 Silk variant popping between $50-75 again for raw copies? Was consistently $30-40 a month or so ago where it settled after hitting around $50 the previous few months. More movie spec? I think it would be way too early to introduce her as I'm pretty sure Homecoming was in pre-production with a --script already when this issue dropped. Or is this residual attention/speculation from the Totally Awesome Hulk #15-16 Asian Team formation? I haven't been following TAH since after the origin in # 4

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid
Fixed auto correct errors

1 hour ago, BigNoidtheDroid said:

Wolverine Origins # 10 3rd claw variant is hitting some outrageous asking prices. Rivaling NYX # 3 in high grade slabbed. Actually the reg cover and 2 claw variant are heating up as well....

For no reason. Confirmed to not be in Logan, and the character is not being used by Marvel currently. Tread lightly, yeah it's rare but it's a character that sucks. Nobody likes Emo Wolverine. 

42 minutes ago, UltraMaximus said:

For no reason. Confirmed to not be in Logan, and the character is not being used by Marvel currently. Tread lightly, yeah it's rare but it's a character that sucks. Nobody likes Emo Wolverine. 

He would be a good bad guy though

1 hour ago, UltraMaximus said:

A book heating up that isn't directly tied to a developing/completed media property or the subject of an avalanche of spec site "big plans" articles is a good thing.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:30 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Not TOO slow as this is another book that I doubt anyone will care about fairly soon as it has nothing to do with anything other than sharing a title with the new movie.

Star Wars 49 has no merit as a hot book. As you said, it's only the words on the cover 'Last Jedi'. They are not hard to find, as evidenced by the hoard displayed here. BTW, I've never understood why anyone holding a hoard of a newly speculative modern era book would show it off.  I would think people remember and it would hurt valuation, at least if you try and sell here.

5 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Star Wars 49 has no merit as a hot book. As you said, it's only the words on the cover 'Last Jedi'. They are not hard to find, as evidenced by the hoard displayed here. BTW, I've never understood why anyone holding a hoard of a newly speculative modern era book would show it off.  I would think people remember and it would hurt valuation, at least if you try and sell here.

Because people have short memories and like shiny objects.

Worked well with many of the Star Wars books when episode VII came out and none of those had anything to do with the movie but were selling at premiums for any issue.  I won't miss the 22 copies of Star Wars #1 in CGC 9.8 I sold.

Edited by Red_Hood

1 minute ago, Red_Hood said:

Because people have short memories and like shiny objects.

Of course it's not hard to find, it is a mid-run star wars marvel! I have badjillions of them from around there and I stopped buying Star Wars comics, other than the later issues (or early ones if really cheap) about 15 years ago!  The Boba Fett issue has been cherry picked out of the runs over the years though.

Daken is returning to comics. Look it up.

With all the recent confirmation of X-Men properties and characters a good speculator would picking up everything X-Men related right now.  Just in the last week Mr. Sinister confirmed, Alpha Flight confirmed, Exiles confirmed, Blink confirmed & Dark Phoenix confirmed.  That's not even from what we already know like New Mutants, Gambit, Deadpool 2 (Cable & Domino), X-Men and X-Force. With Legion and the X-Men tv show confirming more X-Men characters to be added.  Hell, I just waiting for Fox now to announce X-Factor and Excalibur soon. lol

9 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Alpha Flight and Exiles have been CONFIRMED? All I saw was that the X-Men producer said they might do them somewhere down the road. Links?

None of that stuff is confirmed.  They're just tossing around potential ideas throwing everything at the wall and seeing what, if anything might stick.  

As for for Daken, speculation was rampant  (on a couple spec sites) that Daken was in fact appearing in the movie.  Expect that book to drop like a rock once everyone sees first hand he's not in it (Nyx 3 will drop as well, but to a lesser extent). And Ultra is right, there's A LOT of hate for that character, the false rumours being floated that he was in Logan was the sole driver of the price of this book.  

-J.