• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Carl Elvis said:

That is simply incorrect. Savage Dragon was solicited earlier, but was not actually published until December 4, 2002. The same week as Noble Causes 3 (which contains an actual cameo and not a preview). Tech Jacket 1 and Masters of the Universe 1 were released in November of 2002 and contain the same preview that Savage Dragon has. THESE BOTH PREDATE the Savage Dragon and Noble Causes appearances. Please don't spread misinformation. Those dates are just from the indica and not actual release dates. 

Edited by carcrawfordfan

5 minutes ago, carcrawfordfan said:

That is simply incorrect. Savage Dragon was solicited earlier, but was not actually published until December 4, 2002. The same week as Noble Causes 3 (which contains an actual cameo and not a preview). Tech Jacket 1 and Masters of the Universe 1 were released in November of 2002 and contain the same preview that Savage Dragon has. THESE BOTH PREDATE the Savage Dragon and Noble Causes appearances. Please don't spread misinformation. Those dates are just from the indica and not actual release dates. 

Well CGC disagrees, they have Savage Dragon 102 dated 8/02.

Edited by Carl Elvis

3 hours ago, Carl Elvis said:

Someone did a little more research on this on CBSI. According to the Diamond shipping list, Savage Dragon 102 didn't ship until December 4th. Gambit's 1st appearance wen't through a similar situation. 

19 minutes ago, the authority said:

Someone did a little more research on this on CBSI. According to the Diamond shipping list, Savage Dragon 102 didn't ship until December 4th. Gambit's 1st appearance wen't through a similar situation. 

Found the article you mentioned;

https://comicbookinvest.com/2015/03/21/invincible/

Edited by Carl Elvis

32 minutes ago, Carl Elvis said:

Seems like a label update is in order (thumbsu

That is the date on the indica. It has nothing to do with the release date.  Previews were released on November 20 (Tech Jacket), November 27 (MOTU 1) and December 4 (Savage Dragon). Noble Causes 3 (actual cameo/1st appearance) was released on December 4 as well. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, carcrawfordfan said:

That is the date on the indica. It has nothing to do with the release date.  Previews were released on November 20 (Tech Jacket), November 27 (MOTU 1) and December 4 (Savage Dragon). Noble Causes 3 (actual cameo/1st appearance) was released on December 4 as well. Thanks.

Well hopefully CGC will add a little side note on the label like they did for Love is Love.

58 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

All of this date tracking is pointless. Savage Dragon 102, Tech Jacket 1 & MOTU 1(which had a massive print run I might add) were ALL previews. Who cares which preview came first. 

CBSI G+ info

I prefer 1st appearances myself. That said, Tech Jacket appears to be 1st appearance of any sort in a comic which is somewhat significant imo. Distribution was roughly the same as Invincible #1. The Noble Causes #3 is not a preview. There is also a Larry's variant #1 that was very similar to #1 in appearance that came out sometime after "the" #1 though I don't recall the exact date. 

Regardless, this is an utterly great comic that will get a lot of attention. Congrats ! ?

3 hours ago, the authority said:

CBSI G+ info

I prefer 1st appearances myself. That said, Tech Jacket appears to be 1st appearance of any sort in a comic which is somewhat significant imo. Distribution was roughly the same as Invincible #1. The Noble Causes #3 is not a preview. There is also a Larry's variant #1 that was very similar to #1 in appearance that came out sometime after "the" #1 though I don't recall the exact date. 

Regardless, this is an utterly great comic that will get a lot of attention. Congrats ! ?

Absolutely agree on Noble Causes & Invincible #1. The rest are all direct previews of Invincible #1.

This is more like the countless previews of MOTU that appeared spread throughout many DC bronze titles. Or the Sonic The Hedgehog ones. There have been many of those previews made and they're just that - previews.

In comparison, DCP26 was a unique preview that appeared only in that book prior to the series debut.

Apples to oranges

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

All of this date tracking is pointless. Savage Dragon 102, Tech Jacket 1 & MOTU 1(which had a massive print run I might add) were ALL previews. Who cares which preview came first. 

mr Ween does. :flipbait:

This was sent to me yesterday on CBSI
You've talked about it but we need the link!!!

Diamond official website shows Savage Dragon #102 came out in December and not August.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/archive/2002/120402.txt

Definitive proof Tech Jacket is the first appearance?

Edited by Comicbookscalping

11 minutes ago, Comicbookscalping said:

This was sent to me yesterday on CBSI
You've talked about it but we need the link!!!

Diamond official website shows Savage Dragon #102 came out in December and not August.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/archive/2002/120402.txt

Definitive proof Tech Jacket is the first appearance?

Noble Causes #3 is on the same list, same week, so Savage Dragon #102 is tied with Noble Causes #3 for "not first". lol