• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Lego said:

New Warriors are listed in a similar way... 

Thor 411 - 1st appearance (cameo on last page)
Thor 412 - 1st appearance (full)

Any other examples of this?

Darkeseid

Mystique

Doomsday

Venom

Notice a theme ? All of these characters have numerous "first" appearances and the list of others is a country mile long. Always debated, at least as long as I've been collecting, and never definitively settled. It is beyond me why certain things are accepted as "THE" book to own but its happening in a new manner with books that come out the same day in today's market. Look at God Country and Seven to Eternity 1A's for examples. 

It seems there is always a battle and sides taken early on though sometimes it takes a long time for collectors to decide which it is while other times it is over almost as soon as they start selling on eBay. There was a time when X-men #94 competed pretty equally with Giant Size X-men #1 and Hulk #181. Then there was the time that... lol

On 4/1/2017 at 4:09 PM, I like pie said:

@work so can't link at the moment but a raw Heathen#1 limited vault cover just sold for $500+.

A reminder to anyone interested, the remaining of what's left of the 100 will go on sale on Vaults site tomorrow at 9am(unsure time zone).

Last I was told was $40/ea but #2-#10 sold for 200ish /ea tonight on the bay.

33 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I suspect foul play with the auctions for this book yesterday.. All bids are private bids... Whats up with that?

Seems a little too shilled to me

Obviously I can't say for sure but I do know that the ebay account is run by Damian Vassal, CEO @ Vault. I also know three of the winners of those auctions via a facebook group and would assume at least one other person from here won an auction.

3 hours ago, delt569 said:

Limited number Heathen 1 available now at store.vaultcomics.com

$40 each

Wow, surprised they didn't limit these to 1 per customer.  I didn't even know the sale was going, so I missed out on one.  People are already flipping them on eBay for $150 and up, but no way I'm going to pay stupid prices.  Crazy.

These books have sold well for me between $70-$100 the past month or so. They were part of a Kickstarter and were very limited Ive sold about 1/2 dozen.

Dollface Kickstarter

This book as well is consistently around $100 and a little higher in high grade. Ive sold I think 3 so far.I expect this book to continue to slowly increase. It went under the radar when it came out only selling for $30-50 at least that's around what I bought them for. I don't ever expect to reach Saga levels or anything near that, but it has its own built in audience and I must admit its a fun read.

Dollface DRS

Edited by fastballspecial