• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Theres also this one which I shouldve mentioned before anything else

maj1.jpg

New Mutants #15 variants disappear very quickly off eBay as well, also an Art Adams Magik cover, currently none available;

IMG_5241.thumb.JPG.c8e6b546fa07834bc6f2c028549144b7.JPG

I'm guessing sooner or later New Mutants Forever #4, again Art Adams Magik, will tick up.

IMG_5243.thumb.JPG.88d2a0bbefa56c9230b16b7a68d794ae.JPG

Edited by Carl Elvis

On 4/5/2017 at 11:00 AM, carcrawfordfan said:

That is the date on the indica. It has nothing to do with the release date.  Previews were released on November 20 (Tech Jacket), November 27 (MOTU 1) and December 4 (Savage Dragon). Noble Causes 3 (actual cameo/1st appearance) was released on December 4 as well. Thanks.

How do you know Tech came out on that specific date?  Also the Masters of the universe Museum Edition has the preview and was limited to 50, with no street date how do we know it does not predate Tech and Masters and G.I. Joe 12? 

Here's my list of importance:

Noble 3 variant ( first cover too )

Invincible 1

Masters Museum

Masters GC Foil

Masters GC

Tech 1

Masters 2nd print

Savage 102

G.I. Joe 12 newsstand

Diamond Previews cover

Comic Shop news 810

13 minutes ago, MrWeen said:

How do you know Tech came out on that specific date?  Also the Masters of the universe Museum Edition has the preview and was limited to 50, with no street date how do we know it does not predate Tech and Masters and G.I. Joe 12? 

Here's my list of importance:

Noble 3 variant ( first cover too )

Invincible 1

Masters Museum

Masters GC Foil

Masters GC

Tech 1

Masters 2nd print

Savage 102

G.I. Joe 12 newsstand

Diamond Previews cover

Comic Shop news 810

Great list. I don't count previews unless it has unique content like comic reader, Overstreet Price Update, etc.. these normally have unique covers sometimes by popular artists which predate the comic character appearance (or even if not) and that's why to me personally they register as highly sought collectibles. I would put that Diamond Previews cover of Invincible high on that list before any of the mountains of Invincible previews just because it is an original and actually pretty amazing cover. I don't care how much you hate that idea, but that's just me (and no I don't have a copy but if u have one to sell please PM me)

33 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I haven't bought it yet. You didn't like it?

I did like X-men prime.

Currently heating up because Ardian Syaf put in hidden anti-Semitic messages in the art which will be removed from subsequent printings. :p 

I preordered the Skottie Young variant from Midtown so I haven't received nor read it yet. My copy will likely arrive end of the month or beginning of May.

1 hour ago, aerischan said:

Currently heating up because Ardian Syaf put in hidden anti-Semitic messages in the art which will be removed from subsequent printings. :p 

I preordered the Skottie Young variant from Midtown so I haven't received nor read it yet. My copy will likely arrive end of the month or beginning of May.

It's not just a general anti-semitic hidden message. 

It's region specific to Indonesia and the mayor? of Jakarta who quoted some religious text and the religious extremists took offence to it. The artist apparently sympathizes with those extremists. 

I don't know I guess it'll be part of a new genre of collecting. First there were newsstands, then errors, then variants and now foreign political hidden message editions. 

Im guessing there were a ton of X-Men Gold #1s ordered so sell it off quick before people realize they dint give a about any of the stuff I mentioned above. 

14 minutes ago, Couchy81 said:

It's not just a general anti-semitic hidden message. 

It's region specific to Indonesia and the mayor? of Jakarta who quoted some religious text and the religious extremists took offence to it. The artist apparently sympathizes with those extremists. 

I don't know I guess it'll be part of a new genre of collecting. First there were newsstands, then errors, then variants and now foreign political hidden message editions. 

Im guessing there were a ton of X-Men Gold #1s ordered so sell it off quick before people realize they dint give a about any of the stuff I mentioned above. 

It says jew above the head of kitty pride. Is Kitty Pride Jewish? yes.
Does the passage of the qu'ran thats quoted say Jews and Christians are not to be trusted? yes - is that anti-semetic? yes.

30 minutes ago, Couchy81 said:

Lol, yep. I don't think it's actually rare. It's X-Men. Even if Marvel's having trouble with their renumberings, I still expect a print run of 80K at least and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was in the 100K range. Besides, Marvel just said it'll be removed from subsequent printings, digital and trades. They didn't say they'll pull the existing copies.

Wonder if they'll do a reprint of the variants with edited interior art?

5 hours ago, aerischan said:

Lol, yep. I don't think it's actually rare. It's X-Men. Even if Marvel's having trouble with their renumberings, I still expect a print run of 80K at least and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was in the 100K range. Besides, Marvel just said it'll be removed from subsequent printings, digital and trades. They didn't say they'll pull the existing copies.

Wonder if they'll do a reprint of the variants with edited interior art?

I do suspect the Campbell, Ron Lim, and Jim Lee variants will see a spike from this since they have rarity AND controversy on their side.

On the subject of rarity, the Art Adams 1:50 America #2 is going for $150 on eBay with 3 days left to go. Given my guesstiates of the book's sales and the dip #2's get, a 1:50 is probably quite rare. Maybe fewer than 500 copies. Full disclosure: while the one selling isn't mine, I do have one and am considering getting it Signature Series.

13 hours ago, aerischan said:

Marvel just said it'll be removed from subsequent printings, digital and trades. They didn't say they'll pull the existing copies.

This.  Marvel hasn't said anything about recalling the current printings.  Now, if the mainstream national news picks up on this story this week (which mainly came to light over the weekend), Marvel could eventually issue a recall if the furor starts to rise.

4 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

This.  Marvel hasn't said anything about recalling the current printings.  Now, if the mainstream national news picks up on this story this week (which mainly came to light over the weekend), Marvel could eventually issue a recall if the furor starts to rise.

Interesting choice of words there.... hm

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

36 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I don't bother with variants, they usually tank by the time they come back from cgc. Show me some books that are heating up that aren't variants.  

These are selling RAW at these prices. I wouldn't bother with CGCing unless you plan to go for signature series. Buy cheap, sell raw on these. I picked one up for $25 last week and I'm getting interest in a raw copy for $250.

If it sells at that price, fantastic. If not, I have a batch of books I'm getting signed by Adams soon anyway.

3 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

I don't bother with variants, they usually tank by the time they come back from cgc. Show me some books that are heating up that aren't variants.  

Agreed maybe we need a different thread for the variants.

2 hours ago, PatrickG said:

These are selling RAW at these prices. I wouldn't bother with CGCing unless you plan to go for signature series. Buy cheap, sell raw on these. I picked one up for $25 last week and I'm getting interest in a raw copy for $250.

If it sells at that price, fantastic. If not, I have a batch of books I'm getting signed by Adams soon anyway.

I would expect this market to become more difficult over time. Eventually most shops will catch on.  I commend the ones that can still find them in shops cheap. In my area that day has saled.