• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, cbaileypacker said:

Three main shops in my area got two silvers and one gold.  May be different elsewhere.

Cheers!

Interesting, at any rate they are one (or two) of each per Diamond account. If you have any friends that own a shop you know how unreliable Diamond can be. I've read multiple bad stories about FCBD shipments this year.

Just read through a bunch of pages. While the latest prices of the R&M book are crazy, I can definitely attest to how rabid R&M fans are. I really dig the show, but that's about it. However, I've been messing around on Quidd lately and the people collecting R&M cards/stickers will fall over themselves to get certain cards that aren't all that rare. 

I play/collect Star Wars Card Trader and I'm amazed at some of the crosstrade offers I have received.

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

Hey guys, I got a general question. Are ashcans worth more or about the same as an issue #1 of a book? Do they hold their value like regular books? I have a Redneck ashcan that I'm thinking of either trading or selling.

that's a good question. I guess it depends on demand. Most don't seem to go for much. I have not seen any recorded sales of any significance.

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

Hey guys, I got a general question. Are ashcans worth more or about the same as an issue #1 of a book? Do they hold their value like regular books? I have a Redneck ashcan that I'm thinking of either trading or selling.

True "ashcans" haven't existed for over three decades - what they call ashcans now are just variants. Do the homework . . . :grin:

5 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

that's a good question. I guess it depends on demand. Most don't seem to go for much. I have not seen any recorded sales of any significance.

1 minute ago, divad said:

True "ashcans" haven't existed for over three decades - what they call ashcans now are just variants. Do the homework . . . :grin:

Thanks guys. I will trade it for a star wars #1 plus some cash then :bigsmile:

There are a few ashcans out there that still sell well. The Maxx ashcans are pretty rare and tend be very valuable, I believe. And I think the Gen 13 ashcans still outsell the #1 books. So, like everything, there are exceptions. The vast majority of ashcans aren't very valuable, but it's always worth researching on an individual basis to know for sure what you've got. Good luck!

On 4/29/2017 at 10:35 AM, freecharlie said:

I think they are both awesome. I think whichever has a lower print will be the true winner, but the ashcan is the first appearance. 

Could the Image+ issue 10 be the first appearance? (shrug)