• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Did any of Larry's picks turn out to be decent books in the long run?

In Larry's defense, most of his picks were made from his perspective.   Ratchet and Clank wasn't meant to be bought and subbed.  It was a store owner's pick of a book he could buy at a 50% Diamond discount, and sell to a clientele in store for a long time after.

43 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Click on bidder, see whats the Bid activity (%) with this seller, if the number is 100% its obviously shilled

No, it isn't. It may be a clue, but it is absolutely not proof of shilling.

5 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Click on bidder, see whats the Bid activity (%) with this seller, if the number is 100% its obviously shilled

No, it isn't. It may be a clue, but it is absolutely not proof of shilling.

I wouldn't want to the seller in that case. Its a big red flag. Maybe not 100%, but pretty alarming.

Bone should definitely not be on the list.  I don't think we've begun to see the high side on that book.  

Goon is really dependent on what he does with the character in the future.  If it's over, I can see it dropping.  But I'd imagine his current books will slow down and he'll go back. 

Patrick

Totally Awesome Hulk 19 looks to be a hit. Gone to a 2nd print and 1st prints multiple sales over $10 currently and climbing.

Look for X-men 65 and 66 to see some appreciation as well. Spawn 1s are finally moving up in price now at least the shop's prices of $20 book are closer to being right 10 years later.

Seven to Eternity Spawn variants are getting close to $10 currently.

Supergirl 5 is doing well as new cast member joins in season 3.

Wonder Woman back issue seem to be appreciating especially V2 issues. Some of those Boland and Perez covers have been underated for years.

Zombie Tramp 1 and Risqué variants continue to sell very well.

Namwolf seems to be doing better then expected. I am not a fan of Mignola variant some sites are discussing.

Spawn 222/230 are trucking along along with several others around those numbers. Astonishing.

And every online store, spec site and large retailer can sell you a variant of Baby Teeth coming out soon. I lost track how many variants are produced for this book I hope its good otherwise somebody gets stuck holding a rather large expensive bag.

Edited by fastballspecial

I haven't really kept up with it, but after the Spawn madness from this week, I looked up Spawn #227... seems to be pretty well up there. I don't know if the demand for this new cover will help or hurt the value of that book, but I imagine it's one to keep an eye on.

59 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I really like the Spawn variant for Seven to Eternity #6. 

Patrick

Yeah, and the comic was really good too. Story is getting really good imo.

59 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Zatanna 1-6 Bolland variant covers are doing well, easily $30-50 each for NM or better copies. 

They so hard to find and I think issue 5 is my favorite. I think that is the one with her flipping cards. I sold one on here for $15 early this year now that buyer looks like a genius.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

They so hard to find and I think issue 5 is my favorite. I think that is the one with her flipping cards. I sold one on here for $15 early this year now that buyer looks like a genius.

Thanks for the heads up.  Just grabbed a set of 1-10 including at least one Bolland variant for $36 on e-bay

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Glad I picked these up when no one cared about them. 

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=2635

That Zatanna 5 Variant was the 1st issue I found.  I love that cover so much.

I agree on the solidness of Seven to Eternity.  I held off on reading my copies until 5 came out. 

When flipping thru it, I was really underwhelmed.  But after reading it, I can't wait until the next issue. 

Patrick

I've just sold  a #1A 9.4, and #1C 9.2 of Seven to Eternity over the last couple days on the Bay.  Those were my triplicates.  My 2 &3B set looks like it will sell but not any interest in the #1B; which I think is my favorite cover for #1.

The series is pretty darn good!

Edited by gradejunky

20 hours ago, followtheleader said:

That Zatanna 5 Variant was the 1st issue I found.  I love that cover so much.

I agree on the solidness of Seven to Eternity.  I held off on reading my copies until 5 came out. 

When flipping thru it, I was really underwhelmed.  But after reading it, I can't wait until the next issue. 

Patrick

See I thought the opposite. When a book needs to tell you the story before you start reading it I take that as a bad sign.

I just read issue 6 and I couldn't get into it. It was just hard to follow for me.

On 2017-6-5 at 8:54 AM, fastballspecial said:

My time has finally come.  I think I have a dozen of each one.

19 hours ago, Flatliner1313 said:
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, fastballspecial said:

My time has finally come.  I think I have a dozen of each one.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes. :whee:
:baiting:

Edited by fastballspecial