• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2017 at 5:43 PM, LaxThanatos said:

I like a girl that is a little mysterious, Zatanna is just keeping it classy.

Also...those legs bro.

It's just a drawing from another dude's imagination ...Hardly sexy. 

On 6/3/2017 at 4:35 AM, followtheleader said:

Goon is really dependent on what he does with the character in the future.  If it's over, I can see it dropping.  But I'd imagine his current books will slow down and he'll go back.

I'm not sure about Hillbilly slowing down, I know it's early days but it's every bit as good as the Goon so far IMO. And I love the Goon.

Having said that, I don't know much about how Hillbilly is selling, or how it's being received by the wider readership.

14 hours ago, Foley said:

I'm not sure about Hillbilly slowing down, I know it's early days but it's every bit as good as the Goon so far IMO. And I love the Goon.

Having said that, I don't know much about how Hillbilly is selling, or how it's being received by the wider readership.

Hillbilly is a slow burn IMO, I pick up cheap copies whenever I see them. Print was extremely low on #1

14 minutes ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Hillbilly is a slow burn IMO, I pick up cheap copies whenever I see them. Print was extremely low on #1

Low compared to the Big 2. Only 2 Valiant books sold more than it and that was just barely. You would think Valiant would kill an independent like Albatross.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Well 360 is the cameo, but 359 also has a small app so who knows. 359 does not have cameo on slabs, but you cant deny he is there. I am unsure how it will all work out, but they are both undervalued and I have been picking them up for 2 years or so for $1 or $2. I bought 3 the other day for $2 a piece. There is no denying they will appreciate at. 

I don't have a 359 close or I would summarize, but from memory Cletus Kassidy appears in like 4 panels and you see a red blob of Carnage in the background briefly. So its somewhat vague, but the book will appreciate from being a $2-4 book as soon as Carnage gets in the Spider-man flick. 360 will appreciate when that happens as well. Personally I still like 361, but you will definitely see 359/360 gain in value.

359 and 360 are the most sure thing for appreciation in the next few years I can think of valuewise. I don't know how high they will go, but they will easily be a $15-20 book overnight when/if Carnage shows up.  

Some others can chime in here, I cant think of another modern that sells for $1-2 currently that will be see that type of guaranteed appreciation. This is the best recommendation I can give for a book that will have a decent return that value wise has very little risk in high grade. Keep in mind here I am vested in these books when I see one for $1 in high grade I cant pass it up. 

I hope some bought in the last couple of days, if you did you will do well.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned these yet, but the first five issues of Rick and Morty have been pretty hot for the past couple of months, and some of the first issue variants. I think the 1:50 variant is in the $1000 range. It's a pretty recent book and I never see any back issues at local comic shops anymore.

For those that don't understand the Rick and Morty phenom, just go to a con and look around. Whether you know it or not, you're probably seeing characters from it. Its fanbase is passionate, loyal and growing. I think the only thing standing in its way is the writers/creators. They have taken a long time between the 2nd/3rd season. Hopefully its just to make the season great and they will continue the series for years to come.

Anyway, I think there is still an investment opportunity in Issue #1 if you get a raw on eBay for under $130 in NM or better if you can eyeball one that looks like it could be NM+ or NM/M. Ive seen some that look like they could be there. Some of the variants might be investments too, but look for rarity there.

When season three hits and more people start watching all the season, I think the prices will go up some more on these.

I think the #1D (1:50 I think) is just ridiculous right now and I don't see how it could go higher really. 

http://ram.bymachin.es

10 hours ago, .mike said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned these yet, but the first five issues of Rick and Morty have been pretty hot for the past couple of months, and some of the first issue variants. I think the 1:50 variant is in the $1000 range. It's a pretty recent book and I never see any back issues at local comic shops anymore.

Too bad every single auction for that variant to #1 has been shilled to high heaven. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 hours ago, kevhtx said:

For those that don't understand the Rick and Morty phenom, just go to a con and look around. Whether you know it or not, you're probably seeing characters from it. Its fanbase is passionate, loyal and growing. I think the only thing standing in its way is the writers/creators. They have taken a long time between the 2nd/3rd season. Hopefully its just to make the season great and they will continue the series for years to come.

Anyway, I think there is still an investment opportunity in Issue #1 if you get a raw on eBay for under $130 in NM or better if you can eyeball one that looks like it could be NM+ or NM/M. Ive seen some that look like they could be there. Some of the variants might be investments too, but look for rarity there.

When season three hits and more people start watching all the season, I think the prices will go up some more on these.

I think the #1D (1:50 I think) is just ridiculous right now and I don't see how it could go higher really. 

http://ram.bymachin.es

I actually wondered recently if the delay in season 3 may actually increase the demand for the comics. I figured a lot of fans might start looking for any Rick and Morty content they can find. The writing in the comics can't really compare to the show, but there's some really great stories in there.

And, I totally agree with you on there still being an investment opportunity on the raws at the $130 range. I think what really drives the prices on these books up is the fact that many of the people seeking them out don't really collect comics, they just want collectible Rick and Morty memorabilia.

Not sure where that 1:50 will go price wise, I wouldn't be surprised if it got into a ridiculous price range. I could see hardcore Rick and Morty fans overpaying for this book big time, especially if they don't come to market often. I actually sold a #5 first print to some guy for $65 a couple of days ago, because he HAD to have it to complete his run. That book is worth $25, but he NEEDED it, so he knowingly and quite happily paid more than double its value.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Too bad every single auction for that variant to #1 has been shilled to high heaven. 

-J.

Yeah, but those were all for the same book. It's a CGC'ed 9.6 with blurry pictures that keeps getting re-listed, and that might be on the seller though, may be should have set minimum feedback requirements for bidders. I didn't read anything about minimum feedback in his description. 

9 minutes ago, .mike said:

Yeah, but those were all for the same book. It's a CGC'ed 9.6 with blurry pictures that keeps getting re-listed, and that might be on the seller though, may be should have set minimum feedback requirements for bidders. I didn't read anything about minimum feedback in his description. 

The raw copies have all been shilled too.

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

The raw copies have all been shilled too.

-J.

Oh, wow that must have been a while ago then, unless they slipped by me. Because I've been in the market for a raw copy of that book for a couple of months now, and I don't remember more than one raw copy of that book even being sold in that time.

4 minutes ago, .mike said:

Oh, wow that must have been a while ago then, unless they slipped by me. Because I've been in the market for a raw copy of that book for a couple of months now, and I don't remember more than one raw copy of that book even being sold in that time.

There's been at least a half dozen copies for sale the last couple of months.  

-J.