• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, comicsyte95 said:

I just bought a new avengers 10 off Mapleleafvann on eBay .He gave me a deal much appreciated! Glad I read this thread to find out Thanes 1st appearance. Now I wont have to pay a bigger price to buy one later.

How could I not dig a little deeper for one of the nicest guys on these boards!  

28 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I just picked up a WMD promo poster yesterday... may have to see if there are any left when I stop by tomorrow.

Given that it's a freebie....and I think somewhat rare, probably a very good idea to pick up another or two....

Not many retailers shelled out $$ for promo material for Totally Awesome Hulk Books.  I was very fortunate to acquire a good handful before this storyline blew up.....

You know a book is hot when people are posting on random Facebook pages seeking multiple copies.  That Totally Awesome Hulk 22 is scorching hot.

12 hours ago, comicsyte95 said:

when I picked up my Weapon X #7 and Totally Awesome Hulk 22 ,I also picked up an Exiles #86 and Battleworld #3 set of both variants do you think the 3 could have potential to be harder to pick up later.

Variants don't hold their value unless its some amazing cover, what's great about Hulk 22, there's no variant chase cover, only additional printings

15 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

107.50?!! Let me say again.. 107.50. This is crazy insane

That's crazy, I don't understand why people bid it up that much, when there are plenty of BIN's available in the $50's...? It didn't even mention anything particularly "high-grade" in the description?

" New unread NM. Comes bagged and boarded in cardboard mailer designed for comics. Auction is for book shown. Private collector of 35 years."

1 hour ago, Kevin76 said:

Variants don't hold their value unless its some amazing cover, what's great about Hulk 22, there's no variant chase cover, only additional printings

That is cool with me ,not so concerned with value and don't want selling them . Your reply did help me though didn't consider they might be easier to pick up later ,however I didn't pay much for them so I'm not worried.

A combination of Wolverine and Hulk seems interesting to me.I just wanted the variants for a set of all batch H variants which I decided to start.

32 minutes ago, BoosterBeetle said:

So how is this going to be different than Spider Gwen or Gwenpool? I understand making money and good for you but does anyone really believe this is going to be a longterm type of character? 

Uh, both of those characters are a success though and all indications are that they will be for awhile. The visual design of Spider-Gwen alone is enough to ensure she is around long-term. Both of those characters have their own current series running for 20ish issues and both still have valued first appearances on the secondary market. Bad comparison to whatever character appears TA Hulk 22.

Just now, darkstar said:

Uh, both of those characters are a success though and all indications are that they will be for awhile. The visual design of Spider-Gwen alone is enough to ensure she is around long-term. Both of those characters have their own current series running for 20ish issues and both still have valued first appearances on the secondary market. Bad comparison to whatever character appears TA Hulk 22.

Your definition of success is different than mine. They have had 0 important or good story arcs, the values have plummeted and nobody really cares anymore. 

2 minutes ago, BoosterBeetle said:

Your definition of success is different than mine. They have had 0 important or good story arcs, the values have plummeted and nobody really cares anymore. 

No, you are simply wrong. Values have plummeted? Uh, prices fluctuate. Spider-Gwen's first appearance is still flirting with 100 dollars raw. You understand Harley Quinn's first appearance wasn't 100 dollars raw five years ago, when the book was around 20 years old, yes? Considering how new Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool's first appearances are, and the fact that they were published in the age of slabbing books as soon as they are printed, the prices they are still getting are fantastic.

Nobody cares anymore? Both characters have a large enough reader-base to support solo titles for each character and looking at secondary market transaction volume and pricing, its pretty clear that somebody cares.

I'm not sure what you are expecting from characters that are only a couple of years old. Both of those characters are a success, which is even more surprising since they are derivatives. Again, they are going to stick around if for no other reason than the fact their visuals provide great marketing opportunities. They could be attached to bad writers and artists and story arcs for years, but they'll still have that visual appeal.

Comparing TAH to EOSV is simply wrong. No character that Marvel has invented in the past 5 years has the same fanbase as Spider Gwen. Not to say the she is the most innovative creation ever, she's a gimmick that worked well. Extremely well. I don't like her anymore than most people on this board, but I recognize her loyal fan base, cosplayers and merch power. 

I would even add that Gwenpool (not Spidergwen) was probably a prototype of the new wolvie/hulk character. Marvel married 2 popular characters Spider-Gwen and Deadpool and came up with a hit. It's easy to see how they would further experiment with similar popular characters and achieve similar results. 

I would compare Spider Gwen to Miles Morales if anything. In terms of PPP: Popularity, Potential & demographic Pull  

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Comparing TAH to EOSV is simply wrong. No character that Marvel has invented in the past 5 years has the same fanbase as Spider Gwen. Not to say the she is the most innovative creation ever, she's a gimmick that worked well. Extremely well. I don't like her anymore than most people on this board, but I recognize her loyal fan base, cosplayers and merch power. 

I would even add that Gwenpool (not Spidergwen) was probably a prototype of the new wolvie/hulk character. Marvel married 2 popular characters Spider-Gwen and Deadpool and came up with a hit. It's easy to see how they would further experiment with similar popular characters and achieve similar results. 

I would compare Spider Gwen to Miles Morales if anything. In terms of PPP: Popularity, Potential & demographic Pull  

Arguably, Deadpool is a mashup as well; of Deathstroke and pouches.

xD

I read Spider-gwen and it is actually very good. I think she will be an important character in Marvels stable for years to come. I also want to say that I am not a Marvel fan. I read Alias, the new Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), Spider-Gwen and Old Man Logan (however OML is slowly loosing me)

7 hours ago, BoosterBeetle said:

20 hours ago, comicsyte95 said:

when I picked up my Weapon X #7 and Totally Awesome Hulk 22 ,I also picked up an Exiles #86 and Battleworld #3 set of both variants do you think the 3 could have potential to be harder to pick up later.

Pretty much the reason why I bought so many as soon as I saw no variants and the potential character reveal I bought quite few copies of 1st and 2nd prints and wish I would have bought more.

18 hours ago, BishopT said:

Well, I for one am shocked at the Totally Awesome Hulk #22 going for over $100. Of course, knew it would be hot being sold out over a week in advance (maybe two, i'm not sure), but christ. I was at Soda City Comic Con this Saturday and someone had it up as a wall book for $20... I thought THAT was crazy. Just glad that I managed to get at least one when it dropped, I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on this. Now, to see what the staying power is, and if WMD #1 regular cover receives a bump.

Its not a $100 book yet, only a few sales at that level by sellers which have mediocre track records at best. (One is banned on this site.) $50 give or take a few $1s is where a nice raw NM copy is currently.