• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, BoosterBeetle said:

So how is this going to be different than Spider Gwen or Gwenpool? I understand making money and good for you but does anyone really believe this is going to be a longterm type of character? 

Think of it like this. This character has a long way to go granted. Marvel already knows they have it they are going to push this character. 

Spider Gwen and Gwenpool have a different appeal group that honestly I think is smaller. Just look at the print runs on their books. They
aren't growing every month.

If Marvel is smart they will keep this character bad or neutral so he can just show up in titles. Wolverine and Hulk fans will eat this up.
That fan base + speculators will drive this book up for awhile along with a low print run. Slabs haven't even started showing up yet.

6 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Not as Alpha-H, but the character himself is.  So far seems to be interesting too....

Yeah, it's hard to call. I like the story and the issue (Weapon X #7) itself and keeping a copy for the PC but the way I look at it, no one payed big money for a comic just featuring Banner.

On 8/29/2017 at 1:25 PM, fastballspecial said:

Put a good artist with a writer send him after marvel heroes and u have a big winner. Just saying

I just finished reading 18-22. It was...

Spoiler

EXCELLENT

... I can't remember the last Marvel book that...

Spoiler

was this great. Very good pick (thumbsu

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Think of it like this. This character has a long way to go granted. Marvel already knows they have it they are going to push this character. 

Spider Gwen and Gwenpool have a different appeal group that honestly I think is smaller. Just look at the print runs on their books. They
aren't growing every month.

If Marvel is smart they will keep this character bad or neutral so he can just show up in titles. Wolverine and Hulk fans will eat this up.
That fan base + speculators will drive this book up for awhile along with a low print run. Slabs haven't even started showing up yet.

same can be said about metal thought but people seem to be less excited for it then they are for weapon H

Metal is over priced with too many covers. Hulk 22 is a perfect example of an investment potential. No variants, kinda sneaked up on everyone, they didn't print 600,000 of them, no special cover, so if you want it, you have to pay for the original regular cover. Don't think it's the second coming of X-23 but it'll still do well, anything wolverine related does well. When slabs hit, easy $250+ in 9.8

29 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Metal is over priced with too many covers. Hulk 22 is a perfect example of an investment potential. No variants, kinda sneaked up on everyone, they didn't print 600,000 of them, no special cover, so if you want it, you have to pay for the original regular cover. Don't think it's the second coming of X-23 but it'll still do well, anything wolverine related does well. When slabs hit, easy $250+ in 9.8

I don't think the annuals have variant covers

17 hours ago, JcomicJ said:

I don't think the annuals have variant covers

Usually they don't.  But people also usually don't like those as much.

47 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

No one cares about annuals

The only I positive about annuals is they have more reading cheap they don't hold value its sad some of the 90s annuals I liked.And had some memorable storylines. The same reason I buy omnibus's and tpb's a lot of reading cheap.

I only buy annuals to read and really not that often and then give away cheap or free.

Edited by comicsyte95

3 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

No one cares about annuals

It's because they almost never contribute to the primary story and are by other creative teams. 

The vast majority are so poor.  I always hope for the best.  

Rather than a one-shot like Punisher: The Cell.

Patrick

On 29/08/2017 at 9:43 PM, ygogolak said:

Where did Marvel say it was his first appearance?

I have read this in an article dated from back in 2013/2014.

It was something to do with a facebook game revealing the character along with readers putting two and two together from NA 10 Infinity 4 plus the game. In NA 10 despite how it reads he is not the boy, he is "the healer" helping the boy. Marvel were asked if the unnamed "Thanos son" from NA 10 was Thane and they confirmed it is.

I can't find the article again but i am looking! 

Also just received confirmation from CGC that any future graded/slabbed NA 10's will have Thane's first appearance on the label. 

NA 10 will be a valuable book if Thane manages to get a gig in the MCU in the future. 

I know most have had enough of this Thane topic so that's it from me, just wanted to let you all know that CGC will now be recognising as first appearance. 

Cheers.

On 8/29/2017 at 6:43 AM, ygogolak said:

Where did Marvel say it was his first appearance?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Thane_(Thanos'_Son)_(Earth-616)

BTW, keep talking Thane. I love the Infinity series and swallowed my gum when I heard the Black Order was in Infinity War.

Edited by WhatMeWorry

40 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Thane_(Thanos'_Son)_(Earth-616)

BTW, keep talking Thane. I love the Infinity series and swallowed my gum when I heard the Black Order was in Infinity War.

Wikia's are maintained by our input. Meaning, anyone can input and edit what they want.

IMG_4981.PNG

Edited by ygogolak