• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, the authority said:

Love the covers in the entire series. Crain and Carnage/Venom are pretty close to a match made in heaven. (thumbsu

+1

Agreed, his interiors on that series are sweet too.  Hard to believe it's already 14+ years old.  Just checked the census for #2.  Only 26 copies in a 9.8, wtf?

-J.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:40 PM, Loaded Dice said:

Does this count as heating up? $3.4k plus....is this crazy or just the start for these rare books? Is Zombie Tramp here for the long term or a flash in the dark?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/222639451774

Wow, and those are 3rd print copies.  I wonder what a 1st print copy would bring.

On 9/22/2017 at 10:12 PM, Fiddy said:

Wow, and those are 3rd print copies.  I wonder what a 1st print copy would bring.

There was a guy at fan expo canada infront of me getting books signed by Dan Mendoza. Just raw sigs... he had a first print! I offered him a grand on the spot and he turned me down then proceed to get it signed throw it in a shoe box and walk away. #rip that comic :sorry:

4 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

There was a guy at fan expo canada infront of me getting books signed by Dan Mendoza. Just raw sigs... he had a first print! I offered him a grand on the spot and he turned me down then proceed to get it signed throw it in a shoe box and walk away. #rip that comic :sorry:

I offered a comic shop owner $1k a couple years back for 1st printings of #1-3.  He wouldn't budge because he said there was talks about a movie coming out (complete BS).  I wound up finding a copy but it took a long time to find one, but more copies became available once it started hitting $500 for the first issue.  Unfortunately, 1st prints are still either hard to find or the asking price is over $1k.

2 hours ago, Fiddy said:

I offered a comic shop owner $1k a couple years back for 1st printings of #1-3.  He wouldn't budge because he said there was talks about a movie coming out (complete BS).  I wound up finding a copy but it took a long time to find one, but more copies became available once it started hitting $500 for the first issue.  Unfortunately, 1st prints are still either hard to find or the asking price is over $1k.

1st prints are almost impossible to find the print run was nothing. I too could have bought about 3 copies for $1k each a couple of years back, but thought it was stupid. I am content with still buying V2 and V3 cheap and selling them for a decent profit. Although its not as easy as it used to be.

Edited by fastballspecial

48 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Im not surprised at all. Arguably hottest show on TV right now and probably best animated show in years. Along with that, this being the book to have for that series and rare. I don't know if its got legs though, Id hang onto it for a while if it was me and flip it for a profit. But at some point, the next new hot show/comic is gonna take its place. I have a bunch of R&M books that I am about to flip along with a sketch. Hoping to bank nice on them. Ive already made some good change on R&M books. The views on my R&M books are 10x my other books.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Im not surprised at all. Arguably hottest show on TV right now and probably best animated show in years. Along with that, this being the book to have for that series and rare. I don't know if its got legs though, Id hang onto it for a while if it was me and flip it for a profit. But at some point, the next new hot show/comic is gonna take its place. I have a bunch of R&M books that I am about to flip along with a sketch. Hoping to bank nice on them. Ive already made some good change on R&M books. The views on my R&M books are 10x my other books.

If you're a R&M fan _PLEASE_ don't take this personal. 

I never heard of them in my life. Never watched the show.. I've heard of Simpsons, South Park, futurama, family guy. You know. The real BIG shows. 

That cover is hurrendous. I've heard of people buy books because of rarity. But this amount of money for that cover is mental. It defies anything that happens in the market right now. 

And I don't think that this will go away, R&M comics have been hot for months now and they're not slowing down. 

So again, I'm not a hater, I just cannot explain this

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I never heard of them in my life. Never watched the show.. I've heard of Simpsons, South Park, futurama, family guy. You know. The real BIG shows. 

That cover is hurrendous. I've heard of people buy books because of rarity. But this amount of money for that cover is mental. It defies anything that happens in the market right now. 

And I don't think that this will go away, R&M comics have been hot for months now and they're not slowing down. 

Oh I think it sucks too for that amount. I do think its probably a very first drawing or a very early drawing of the characters from Roiland. Thats probably why its the 1:50 Roiland variant. Just a guess. Its definitely not that pretty. Very simplistic.

It would be like if it was just an early version of Homer and Bart from the early simpsons on the cover of rare first comic from Matt Groenig. Think of it in that terms. This show really may get to that level with this generation.

12 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I've never seen the show, but I've heard plenty of chatter about it. Now, Zombie Tramp, *that* I don't understand. I've never heard anyone mention it outside of this board.

Rick and Morty is probably the funniest show on television right now. I love it. But, thankfully, I have no interest in the comics. As great as the show is, and as rabid as the fans are, I just don't think these prices are sustainable in the long run.

13 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I am a fan of those shows as well and due to some of the animation I could just not get into R&M...but I gave it a second shot on a few episodes later after the first one and it does have some very witty writing. There are a LOT of pop culture references and history written into the show and those layers help it appeal to a larger audience. Go back and watch some of the early Simpsons episodes. I can't. But from the few episodes I've seen this show does have something and I hope it stays around for a bit.

15 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I have five words for this:  "shill bidding" and "blatant market manipulation".  One of the worst examples I've seen of it in a long time.   Let's have a close look-see, shall we?

Auction 1- Item shill bid by bidder 4***y (1), and "won" by m***l (33) with 100% bidding activity with seller, only for item to be immediately re-listed.  

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=122693287540&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Auction 2- Item shill bid (again) and "won" by bidder 4***y (1), who was one of only 3 bidders in this auction.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=292251465774&showauto=true

Auction 3- Just two bidders, and "won" by our friend 4***y (1), again.  Other participating bidder is m***v (52)....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=222651733202&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

...who also bid up Auction 4-

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=122669179821&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Auction 5-  Once again, "won" by bidder 4***y (1).  Oh and look who was the under bidder on this one too! m***v (52) again. 

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=272844925942&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Auction 6-  Look, here's our friend m***v (52) bidding up another auction again. 

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=222629285632&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

And these are just from the month of September.   

Sorry fans, but this book is as dirty as a wallowing pig's butt.  I would avoid like the Plague. 

-J.

34 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I have five words for this:  "shill bidding" and "blatant market manipulation".  One of the worst examples I've seen of it in a long time.   Let's have a close look-see, shall we?

Auction 1- Item shill bid by bidder 4***y (1), and "won" by m***l (33) with 100% bidding activity with seller, only for item to be immediately re-listed.  

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=122693287540&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Auction 2- Item shill bid (again) and "won" by bidder 4***y (1), who was one of only 3 bidders in this auction.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=292251465774&showauto=true

Auction 3- Just two bidders, and "won" by our friend 4***y (1), again.  Other participating bidder is m***v (52)....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=222651733202&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

...who also bid up Auction 4-

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=122669179821&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Auction 5-  Once again, "won" by bidder 4***y (1).  Oh and look who was the under bidder on this one too! m***v (52) again. 

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=272844925942&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Auction 6-  Look, here's our friend m***v (52) bidding up another auction again. 

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=222629285632&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

And these are just from the month of September.   

Sorry fans, but this book is as dirty as a wallowing pig's butt.  I would avoid like the Plague. 

-J.

Definitely shilled, but two that were won were buy people with over 1,000 rep. So they must have thought the price was acceptable.

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Definitely shilled, but two that were won were buy people with over 1,000 rep. So they must have thought the price was acceptable.

As someone who has made the naive mistake of putting an absurdly high protection bid on an item on eBay to ensure I get it, and then forgotten about it, only to see that I had been shilled all the way up to a couple of dollars below that absurdly high bid, I can tell you that that is unacceptable.  A shilled auction is a shilled auction and those shills artificially raised the prices on those auctions.   The book is a fraud and I would be seriously P.O.'d, and have been, when that has happened to me.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

As someone who has mistakenly put an absurdly high bid on an item on eBay ansthe forgotten about it, only to see that I had been shilled all the way up to a couple of dollars below that absurdly high bid, I can tell you that that is unacceptable.  A shilled auction is a shilled auction and those shills artificially raised the price on that item.   The book is a fraud and I would be seriously P.O.'d, and have been when that has happened to me.  

-J.

Ah, not taking responsibility for your actions. The new American way.