• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

All I know is that the actually rare variants that have broken $1k raw are mainline titles with marquee characters that very, very rarely come up for sale raw (if ever).  

Currently there are three copies of that 1:50 Rick and Morty 1, and all three, like Every other auction of the book, are being shilled.  

It's impossible to know what the real demand and FMV for the book is, but based on bidding activity of other bidders who do not look like shills, I would put the value of it raw at $300-$500 on a good day.  But at this point the title looks toxic and basically every bidder looks fake in all of these fake auctions.  

-J.

Well, we can agree to disagree, but I believe it being a 1:50 of a low print run of a hot series if someone posted high quality images that showed it was a 9.8 candidate, it could sell as fixed bid for $800-1000. Quick at the low end.

I think if you look at the real bids on some of those auctions you will see that some people are willing to pay high for it. I think the real value is where they are stopping.

Having one of these as a graded 9.8 would be a nice catch. Having the creators sign it would be even better. 

I do think now that season 3 is over, the market heat will die down at least some for the R&M books overall. Well see over the next couple weeks.

11 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

All I know is that the actually rare variants that have broken $1k raw are mainline titles with marquee characters that very, very rarely come up for sale raw (if ever).  

Currently there are three copies of that 1:50 Rick and Morty 1, and all three, like Every other auction of the book, are being shilled.  

It's impossible to know what the real demand and FMV for the book is, but based on bidding activity of other bidders who do not look like shills, I would put the value of it raw at $300-$500 on a good day.  But at this point the title looks toxic and basically every bidder looks fake in all of these fake auctions.  

-J.

Psylocke and Shuri are more mainstream than Rick & Morty?

58 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Psylocke and Shuri are more mainstream than Rick & Morty?

If you're talking about UXM 510 and Black panther 1, yes to the former, because it's in the UXM run, and the latter is not relevant because it has never broken  $1k raw (and is rapidly fading anyway).  

As to the "popularity" of the Rick and Morty comic book series-  that's dubious at best. 

-J.

R&M comics are artificially inflated. I've included many examples that show how these were practically worthless the first year they came out. There are those who disagree. 

This is my opinion and others who are blinded by the shilling have accepted these books as rare valuable. 

At this point it's pointless to debate this here. I'd suggest creating a thread to point out the shilling so others who are as curious as I was could be directed to it easily. 

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

As to the "popularity" of the Rick and Morty comic book series-  that's dubious at best. 

The word you are looking for is arguable not dubious. Popularity is a broad term. I am sure that Oni Press is extremely happy with a monthly 10,000 print run series and feels its very popular. The second R&M series is over 10k print run (while only on second issue) as well. And, there is no doubt they are very popular to some if not all of the people reading them. 10k for an indie title is a good size monthly print run. 

And, its been very popular for me selling the books as Ive said. Im not a fraud. My sales were real and I am continuing to get offers on the ones I still have out there. So, at the very least, lets just stop with the negativity on it. We can all disagree on something without the continued barbs.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

If you're talking about UXM 510 and Black panther 1, yes to the former, because it's in the UXM run, and the latter is not relevant because it has never broken  $1k raw (and is rapidly fading anyway).  

-J.

Can you share the results of this survey you obviously conducted that says people that like Uncanny X-Men are the ones buying the JSC 510 variant?

58 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Can you share the results of this survey you obviously conducted that says people that like Uncanny X-Men are the ones buying the JSC 510 variant?

Do you need a survey to tell you that the X-Men are more popular than Rick and Morty?

I would ask you for the survey that says that the handful of people who might actually be buying Rick and Morty books are buying the 1:50 Roliand, if I didn't already know that every "sale" of it the last several months have been fake.

-J.

36 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Do you need a survey to tell you that the X-Men are more popular than Rick and Morty?

I would ask you for the survey that says that the handful of people who might actually be buying Rick and Morty books are buying the 1:50 Roliand, if I didn't already know that every "sale" of it the last several months have been fake.

-J.

There is a ton of X-Men stuff out there. Didn't they have about 10 titles at times of X-Men related stuff? Proof seems to be missing from your vocabulary very often.

Rick and Morty regular cover keeps going up.

16 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There is a ton of X-Men stuff out there. Didn't they have about 10 titles at times of X-Men related stuff? Proof seems to be missing from your vocabulary very often.

Rick and Morty regular cover keeps going up.

I do nothing but cite proof when I make a claim.   I'm the one who originally proved Rick and Morty is a frauded up book.  You're asking me to "prove" something dumb.  Don't waste my time with nonsense.  

And what about that regular Rick and Morty cover?   It has been shilled too.  I have no faith in any real demand in that title. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I do nothing but cite proof when I make a claim.   I'm the one who originally proved Rick and Morty is a frauded up book.  You're asking me to "prove" something dumb.  Don't waste my time with nonsense.  

And what about that regular Rick and Morty cover?   It has been shilled too.  I have no faith in any real demand in that title. 

-J.

For those you seriously interested in R&M books and not in speculation of others who don't have experience in selling them. I have sold multiple R&M books and they are still hot books to sell. I have sold all mine via BIN/Fixed bid (not auctions). Just in the past few days alone, I sold a #1 sketch by Roiland for over $1000, sold a #2 second print 9.8 SS for $250, sold a #3 9.8 SS for $250, and currently fielding offers in the hundreds for my #1's out there. All of my R&M auctions are out pacing all my other auctions, by 5-10 times the # of views (all except my Nintendo Switch ha). Ive also had multiple users message me and ask if I have more of previous books that Ive sold in the past. 

I am not a fraud, shill bidder or trying to manipulate anyone. These are the facts and not just "analysis" and "guesses" of looking at some percentages of bids of a user. And it would be odd to think that I am the only one who is successful at selling these books.

If anyone wants more specific info, just PM me.

Rick and Morty had a cult following before the book first came out and it didnt sell out at stores like many books with far less less popularity. The book sat at the shelves for many months, almost a year till it started to gain real value. I pointed out many sold listings with accurate figures that book had in 2015 all the way to 2016 where the book was selling at an average of $5-10.

I havent studied the shills as Jaydog did, but I will give him credit for exposing the 1:50 shill fiasco, I was not aware of it. 

Its not far fetched to think that the shills helped the book reach Walking Dead status in sales, given that in just a few short month it has outperformed any modern title in the secondary market in volume and figures

This has been discussed throughly by us just last week, until @IntoAnother brought up the subject of shilling again.

Clearly, people here are concerned that theres market manipulation with this property.

Clearly this SHOULD affect ANYBODY that cares about our hobby

Those who chose to treat this scam as a money making stock have openly expressed their views in this topic and I therefore chose to ignore them in this dialog.

11 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Those who chose to treat this scam as a money making stock have openly expressed their views in this topic and I therefore chose to ignore them in this dialog.

COMPLETELY uncalled for. I did not choose a "scam" as a money making opportunity. Just like Oni Press, SDCC, Funko, Hottopic, spencers and any other companies making/selling R&M merchandise recently, I chose to take advantage of a hot show out right now. Its called "capitalism", supply and demand. Ive been selling R&M books for months now.

Being a fan of it already, I saw the lines last fall at LA Comic Con for the creators. Then, I went to ECCC in March and saw the many fans dressed in R&M costumes and saw all of the products being sold. I bought my books back in April and got them signed at a con in May, graded, then sold them this summer. NOTHING to do with the 1:50 sales.

So, back off on the accusations. And get your facts straight before throwing out false accusations. Again, the negativity from some people here is absurd and unexplainable.