• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

We are not in disagreement over the high end books like that. That brings out shillers all the time.

What I am saying is the book is selling and they are clear legal sales on 1st prints all the way to 4th prints that prove it.
Nobody is arguing those rare books aren't shilled. I am just saying the book has demand. Not that stupid demand, but the normal issues are selling. 

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

We are not in disagreement over the high end books like that. That brings out shillers all the time.

What I am saying is the book is selling and they are clear legal sales on 1st prints all the way to 4th prints that prove it.
Nobody is arguing those rare books aren't shilled. I am just saying the book has demand. Not that stupid demand, but the normal issues are selling. 

You dont see how COUNTLESS & CONTINUED high end shills exclusively associated with this property will create a perceived higher value for this property as a whole?

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You dont see how COUNTLESS & CONTINUED high end shills exclusively associated with this property will create a perceived higher value for this property as a whole?

Yes exactly my point.  There's a blatant attempt to create a false perception of this property in the collectibles market.  And when the one supposedly marquee and allegedly most expensive item in a line is corrupt to the core, it's naive to not think there is no trickle down effect.  I already showed a few pages back questionable GPA activity for other issues of this title beyond the 1:50.  Now we are seeing it with hot sauce and posters.   :facepalm:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

This summer at SDCC I attended the Rick and Morty cast/creator signing at Adult Swims' "On the Green" event. They only signed on Saturday, and it was limited to only 125 people.

I witnessed a woman offer $600 to every person in the line for the bracelet to get in, and every single one of us turned her down. It didn't even appear to be discussed by any of the others in line, and she had the cash in hand. We all just wanted the autographs, most of us likely just for our own collections. 

If you ask me, people declining $600 to only get one item autographed is a pretty good example of just how dedicated this fan base can be. So don't be shocked but the sales of the more off the wall items.

The McD's sauce is a big deal for the show. McDonald's is only bringing it back for one day, but they are still only bringing it back because of Rick and Morty. That's pretty huge for a show on Adult Swim. 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

I have no idea if someone would actually spend that. But, its so popular that McDonalds is bringing it back for a day for the fans. It was popular enough for a huge corporation to actually spend a lot of money to make the stuff again. Still underestimating the demand for this series and the fans. If freaking McDonald's 1990's Mulan szechuan sauce is in demand due to the series being so popular, I don't see why its so hard to think that a comic book series based on that same show would also be selling well. But no, the COMIC series can't be selling well, its all based on hype and fake bids.

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

Correct.

When I was standing in line to get Craig Kyle to autograph some books at ECCC, the guy behind me with a stack of books for him was dressed as Rick. Im not a cosplayer myself, but I have no issues with someone who is. Generally, I think a lot of people who are there to cosplay are there just to have fun and aren't there to find silver age comics or some vintage obscure comic. But, many do collect comics and to place them in a bucket of non-collectors and "low income" as others have is short sighted.

And FYI, here is the vid of Roiland's line after Fan Expo Canada was over:

9 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't remember Beavis and Butthead or Ren and Stimpy memorabilia ever getting so ridiculous,  and they had comics too.  

I wouldn't doubt that Szechuan sauce auction drew a lot of fake gimmick bids too. Its gotten in press articles. Is this "hype"? Of course it is. Is this someone intentionally manipulating the market like they are doing with the 1:50? Maybe, maybe not. But, the szechuan sauce auction isn't influencing books that have been selling for months. There are just too many overwhelming auctions to point to market manipulation here. And, if anyone believes there is in other auctions besides these 1:50's by all means, go report them all to eBay. But, in the end, its just a very popular show that the comic series is getting some success off of it. Some of you just underestimated the series and just trying to stick to your fraud conspiracy theory.

From early on, many thought a Comicbook Men episode is what spiked this book, that it would fall back soon after and didn't even know what Rick & Morty was.

http://www.sfgate.com/food/article/Rick-and-Morty-McDonald-s-Szechuan-Sauce-returns-12245240.php

22 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't remember Beavis and Butthead or Ren and Stimpy memorabilia ever getting so ridiculous,  and they had comics too.  

I think the market was different back then too. Cons were different. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those shows were released today and not back then, that they could get the same type of popularity that R&M is getting.

33 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

This is sort of like me saying I can't believe Walking Dead is popular, that vampire show Forever Knight never blew up huge.

8 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

What about the 100+ BINS that I was actually showing in lieu of one high priced rare item that you plucked out?

Edited by ygogolak

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

These sellers really need to learn how to do a proper shill listing. This guy has it down:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=182806194833&showauto=true

That's @Wallace Flowers who joined us for two posts in the Bats 608 thread in July to justify his multiple Bats 608 purchases for over $5K.    

@Jaydogrules will be along shortly to call this private bidder listing method "standard market activity" that only gets attention from jealous haters on here who wish they could afford one of those wonderfully rendered super duper rare variant comics books :D

12 hours ago, rjrjr said:

Well, I got you both to agree on something. :) Scam was the incorrect word for me to use.

Many times those speculation sites use false information.  If I use the word "lie" would that be better?

Arguably, hyping is a scam if false information is knowingly employed to hype it.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

That's @Wallace Flowers who joined us for two posts in the Bats 608 thread in July to justify his multiple Bats 608 purchases for over $5K.    

@Jaydogrules will be along shortly to call this private bidder listing method "standard market activity" that only gets attention from jealous haters on here who wish they could afford one of those wonderfully rendered super duper rare variant comics books :D

Just like I believe seeing the same cert number being sold multiple times is probably 99% of the time not scamming. Its either legit or its just eBay sellers not removing the cert number when selecting "sell one like this" then not removing it when creating their auction. It copies the exact same cert number for whoever copies that auction. I always remove it, but I bet there have been times that Ive accidentally left it. And, Im sure there are lazier eBay sellers who just leave it. Not everything is a nefarious conspiracy.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

What about the 100+ BINS that I was actually showing in lieu of one high priced rare item that you plucked out?

This is kinda like you asking Coca Cola "but why do u need a $4m ad on the super bowl when u have people buying your product already?"

u have to realize that NO product is sought after by the masses without having perceived higher value

while there's no harm in advertising your product legally, there is great harm in hacking your product to the top charts illegally 

that's all these shills are - hacked ads