• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, rjrjr said:

There have been 1,284 rick and morty comic sales on eBay in the past few months.  And every single auction has been shilled. :eyeroll:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=rick+and+morty+comic

Just how many people are in on this conspiracy exactly?  And when did you have the time to check each and every one of these auctions?

Please do us all a favor and read our exchange before jumping the gun on people's analytical assumptions. 

10 minutes ago, rjrjr said:

There have been 1,284 rick and morty comic sales on eBay in the past few months.  And every single auction has been shilled. :eyeroll:  Even those that only sold for a few bucks?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=rick+and+morty+comic

Just how many people are in on this conspiracy exactly?  And when did you have the time to check each and every one of these auctions?

Its been going on a while. They are never going to budge on thinking that all R&M books are being manipulated. They can't understand that the series has taken off similar to a movement like TWD and thats why the books have gone up in value. We all have said that some shilling has been going on. No one has denied that. The difference is that they say the entire R&M market (even other products beyond comics) are being influenced by fraud.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

What a sucker I am for scrolling through a dozen pages of Rick & Morty talk (not talking smack as I assume it's been a constructive discussion, I just don't have any R&M books in my collection), when I could have just skipped to the last post in the thread! 

Good news on all fronts as I still have a few copies. It seems as if it had cooled down to around $30. Hopefully this will push it back to the $50 range.

23 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Exactly as I noted last week

I don't think anyone is denying that episode gave it at least a slight spike, but it didn't go from a low priced, $10 book to a $100+ book overnight. They even mention that the raw book was $45 and would grade in the 9's. And I bet that episode was filmed summer/fall 2016 (just a guess since they do some con stuff in their show). So, its not a leap to think that a graded 9.8 in their store could go for $100 or more depending on the actual condition of that book (if it were a really a 9.0/9.2).

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Oh wow, thats an awesome cover! Must find. Should be interesting to see what those books do.

(Oh I guess thats just concept art)

Edited by kevhtx

2 hours ago, rjrjr said:

So, basically, you think he is not a true fan because he is 1) a dealer,  2) has realistic expectation about the long term value of the R&M comics, and 3) sells R&M comics.  (shrug)  What does any of that have to do with him being a fan of the show or not?

And now, because these boards didn't notice the book heating up, of which there are a ton of books heating up these boards don't ever recognize, so ... (shrug)

You've been around long enough to know books jump up in price all the time for flimsier reasons than having a hit show and a cult following.  Not sure why you picked this particular book to make some sort of statement about.  Also not sure why you have to keep making feeble attempts at knocking a property which clearly, to anyone who is objectively looking at this, has heat.

And we've seen some indication that select auctions have been shilled, but no proof this is "ALL ACROSS THE BOARD" contrary to what you and Jaydog keep stating.  Jaydog has a tendency to yell shill, shill, shill every time he sees a book move that he doesn't like.  A few years ago, it was Star Wars (1977) #1, yet here we are a few years later and that book still fetches decent prices. [/i] I guess that was a long term conspiracy that is still being exploited.

Yes I did see massive shilling for star wars 1, and also cited numerous examples of it being shilled a couple years back.

And lookie lookie, it has plummeted from a supposed average of nearly  $2000 back then to barely breaking $1000 now.  A nearly 50% drop in value once the criminals moved on to the next "hot" thing (Rick and Morty anyone?). 

Mighty interesting how history repeats itself.  hm

-J.

42 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yes I did see massive shilling for star wars 1, and also cited numerous examples of it being shilled a couple years back.

And lookie lookie, it has plummeted from a supposed average of nearly  $2000 back then to barely breaking $1000 now.  A nearly 50% drop in value once the criminals moved on to the next "hot" thing (Rick and Morty anyone?). 

Mighty interesting how history repeats itself.  hm

-J.

I guess I have to disassociate myself with you because sdsdsd said that you have a tendency to "yell shill shill shill" at any book that you dont like.

Amazing.  

Then he goes on preaching to me that I shouldnt say any things about other boardies EVEN THOUGH I NEVER DID

23 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I guess I have to disassociate myself with you because sdsdsd said that you have a tendency to "yell shill shill shill" at any book that you dont like.

Amazing.  

Then he goes on preaching to me that I shouldnt say any things about other boardies EVEN THOUGH I NEVER DID

I don't not like any book in particular. 

What I don't like is blatant, obvious market manipulation.  Not surprisingly the books that I have pointed it out on have all subsequently gone on to decline, if not crater in value after the fact.  

-J.

7 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What I don't like is blatant, obvious market manipulation.  

I know that. and you know that. But people here tend to care more about who thinks what about others, rather than focusing on MAJOR scams in our market

R&M may take a dip soon just simply because season 3 is over and some of the hype will wear down. Similar to when TWD seasons are over and same thing happened to those keys. Same thing happens when major movies come out for super heroes then go away for a while.

That said, I made another sale tonight. A R&M #1 4th print, fixed bid, multiple hundreds. Not a fraud. No scams. No shills. After I made that sale, I had another person message me asking if I had another. And the guy who bought it asked if I had more of one of the books I sold months ago. Wow, these guys sure are under this hypnotic spell of these fraudsters.

Edited by kevhtx

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

What I don't like is blatant, obvious market manipulation.  Not surprisingly the books that I have pointed it out on have all subsequently gone on to decline, if not crater in value after the fact.  

-J.

"Blatant" "obvious" like when you hide bidders information?

On 10/4/2017 at 8:01 PM, IntoAnother said:

All three of the current listings for this book all still have active bids that are suspected as shills by "4***y" (3).

If you have a few seconds please report them. 

Rick and Morty #1 Justin Roiland 1:50 Variant Cover - Very Rare!! - Holy Grail!! https://www.ebay.com/i/192322500915

Rick and Morty #1 1:50 variant (2015, Oni Press) https://www.ebay.com/i/272871140380

Rick and Morty #1 Roiland Variant - Oni Press 1:50 VARIANT https://www.ebay.com/i/263238957764

If you care about the hobby and the correction of this series, then report these shills. All the shill bids by "4***y" are still active. 

Well after reading all the Rick and Morty talk the last few days here, I decided to watch a couple of episodes. Pretty funny and I'll probably end up watching the rest of the episodes. However I don't think it is any better than say for example Family Guy or Futurama. As for the Ebay prices whether it is shilled or not, a lot of those prices are crazy. I think a lot of people are going to be sorry after Rick and Morty are no longer the flavor of the month. 

Edited by FutureFlash

6 minutes ago, FutureFlash said:

Well after reading all the Rick and Morty talk the last few days here, I decided to watch a couple of episodes. Pretty funny and I'll probably end up watching the rest of the episodes. However I don't think it is any better than say for example Family Guy or Futurama. As for the Ebay prices whether it is shilled or not, a lot of those prices are crazy. I think a lot of people are going to be sorry after Rick and Morty are no longer the flavor of the month. 

I agree, its good, but pretty much the same levels as Family Guy or Futurerama.  I think Bob's Burgers is actually the best of these types of animated comedies.  though maybe I'm just tired of Family Guy from watching it too much, though I haven't gotten tired of Simpson reruns.....

52 minutes ago, revat said:

I agree, its good, but pretty much the same levels as Family Guy or Futurerama.  I think Bob's Burgers is actually the best of these types of animated comedies.  though maybe I'm just tired of Family Guy from watching it too much, though I haven't gotten tired of Simpson reruns.....

+1 for Bob's Burgers. LOVE that show.