• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You conveniently forgot to mention that the ONLY reason why we cant compare R&M 1:50 to WD is because ALL of its sales are shilled?

Shilled or not. What book would we compare it to exactly? You can't compare it to the #1 first print.

Comparing a first print #1 to another first print #1 is fine, but not a 1:50 ratio variant to another series #1.

If there were a 1:50 Walking Dead #1. Do you not think it would go for more than $2800? Its a pretty logical guess that it would.

Like I said, its not a fair comparison and its difficult to try and do comparisons anyway. The two series are VERY different.

Just now, kevhtx said:

Shilled or not. What book would we compare it to exactly? You can't compare it to the #1 first print.

Comparing a first print #1 to another first print #1 is fine, but not a 1:50 ratio variant to another series #1.

If there were a 1:50 Walking Dead #1. Do you not think it would go for more than $2800? Its a pretty logical guess that it would.

Like I said, its not a fair comparison and its difficult to try and do comparisons anyway. The two series are VERY different.

Ill play your game, show me one raw variant that closed anywhere between 1400-2000 in so many instances in the past 2 months

Walking dead or not

Just now, kevhtx said:

Ill play your game, show me one raw variant that closed anywhere between 1400-2000 in so many instances in the past 2 months

Walking dead or not

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

lol Mcdonalds Szechuan sauce was terrible when it was released and it is terrible now. No one was asking for it until Rick and Morty made it a thing.

lol Right.  You watch the videos and tell me with a straight face that the vast majority of those people are there because of Rick and Morty.  

-J.

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I counted 12 sales in the high $1000s for that book RAW. Show me ONE raw WD book, variant or not that closes at those prices x 12 in the past month

I don't get your point. You act as though I have denied that the 1:50 book has shilled bids. 

Another point though is we would have to go back to when WD was hottest to compare. WD is not that hot as a TV series right now. R&M is about as hot as its gonna get probably. WD was hottest probably 2-3 years ago. So, you are right, in the past month, there probably isn't anything. Again, trying to compare two different series is futile.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

lol Right.  You watch the videos and tell me with a straight face that the vast majority of those people are there because of Rick and Morty.  

-J.

the videos of a bunch of people under 20 freaking out about dipping sauce? lol

2 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I don't get your point. You act as though I have denied that the 1:50 book has shilled bids. 

Another point though is we would have to go back to when WD was hottest to compare. WD is not that hot as a TV series right now. R&M is about as hot as its gonna get probably. WD was hottest probably 2-3 years ago. So, you are right, in the past month, there probably isn't anything. Again, trying to compare two different series is futile.

I know you dont get my point. You never did. Im not saying this to belittle your opinion. I just hope you will get out of the "Leave R&M alone!!!" bubble and just pay attention

The point is - the book is not popular. Yet the show is.

The monthly sales reports prove it, and the shills prove it.

But according to eBay's fraudulent sales on that one book ALONE (1:50), the book is EXTREMELY popular. More so than any modern book today.

2 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

The Google Trends should be able to stop the 'it was already popular' argument... Unless the argument is literally that no one was looking for it online, but it was somehow popular offline...

Not sure if he understands.

I suspect a lot of the fans are younger kids with low feedback. (Just like on the videos) With anything super hot you get often get some shilling and low feedback bidding as well.

Heck, I get 1 or 0 feedback bidders on at least a one of my auctions on a regular basis.  I kind of wish I could remove em, because it looks shilly, but they pay just like anyone else.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

the videos of a bunch of people under 20 freaking out about dipping sauce? lol

The ones with the wannabe anarchists with nothing better to do than to show up to a public spectacle with their cell phone cameras to record a bunch of people chanting for sauce, and where not one person is heard uttering the words "Rick" or "Morty".

-J.

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

Walking dead or not

Im not doing this because your premise is based on me denying the 1:50 values were shilled. I did not do that. My argument on the whole R&M series all along was when you two were saying the entire R&M market (comics and other products) were fake due to shilled/fake bids across all the auctions for them. Im not revisiting this entire argument again. If you want to, go back and just re-read the past week or so.

Like I said previously, lets move the discussion to other moderns.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

The ones with the wannabe anarchists with nothing better to do than to show up to a public spectacle with their cell phone cameras to record a bunch of people chanting for sauce, and where not one person is heard uttering the words "Rick" or "Morty".

-J.

lol your rick and morty threshold is too low.

1 minute ago, Rip said:

Not sure if he understands.

I suspect a lot of the fans are younger kids with low feedback. (Just like on the videos) With anything super hot you get often get some shilling and low feedback bidding as well.

Heck, I get 1 or 0 feedback bidders on at least a one of my auctions on a regular basis.  I kind of wish I could remove em, because it looks shilly, but they pay just like anyone else.

"Younger kids" who have the money to spend "$150" on sauce from McDonald's.  Sure.  

I understand all right.  I understand just fine.  (thumbsu

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

"Younger kids" who have the money to spend "$150" on sauce from McDonald's.  Sure.  

I understand all right.  I understand just fine.  (thumbsu

-J.

They also stand in line for iPhones.

Younger kids (16-26) have money also. 

Or think about all the college kids splitting a packet of sauce. My 3 kids wanted to to something like if it hit $40. I said just wait, they'll bring it back.

Edited by Rip

3 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Im not doing this because your premise is based on me denying the 1:50 values were shilled. I did not do that. My argument on the whole R&M series all along was when you two were saying the entire R&M market (comics and other products) were fake due to shilled/fake bids across all the auctions for them. Im not revisiting this entire argument again. If you want to, go back and just re-read the past week or so.

Like I said previously, lets move the discussion to other moderns.

How about having a conversation without taking things personal for a change?

There is no "us versus you"

There is an opinion and counter-argument. Lets start there

47 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

No.

The sauce was already popular.  How do you think it made onto the Rick and Morty show in the first place?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/08/mcdonalds-rick-and-morty-szechuan-sauce-stunt-backfires.html

McDonald's took the reference from the show as an opportunity to re-release the sauce with a Rick and Morty tie in that, judging from the crowds in the videos, the vast majority of them could give two whits about Rick or Morty.  I;'m not saying that Rick and Morty does not have a cult following (that about sums it up), what I am saying is that the sauce was already popular with its own cult following before this.  McDonalds capitalized on a promotional tie in, but they would have had crowds anyway.  To suggest otherwise would be an outright lie.

Enough with the pumping already.

-J.

Not "pumping" anything you pretentious know it all. Stick to comics, you obviously have no clue. I think your ego needs deflated, I was defending the shows popularity not "pumping" the books jack.

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Lets start there

No, lets don't. As I said to J, I give up.

Your opinions are superior to mine. Obviously, all my comments defending the 1:50 and denying the shilled bids were wrong. AND, the R&M comic series and all the other products associated are obviously all propped up on fake bids. There is really no demand there. :insane: (obvious sarcasm since I never said any of that)

Ok, now make a snarky remark back at me and then. LETS MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE.