• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

So basically several 100 copies are going to be bought and returned if they don't have the comic inside. 
I would hate to be a DVD/Blue Ray seller because of stuff like this.

I suspect there will be a comic, it will just be fake. I think the comic included was probably easily faked. So, there will be a lot returned when people realize that the seller sold a bunch of fake/bootlegged dvds or blurays.

I haven't looked at this topic in a while, In fact the last post I saw was over 15 pages ago but here I am and we are still talking about nothing other than rick and morty so it that doesn't give you any indication of the books being hot, schilled auctions or not, I don't know what does. 

1 hour ago, TheRealVenom said:

I haven't looked at this topic in a while, In fact the last post I saw was over 15 pages ago but here I am and we are still talking about nothing other than rick and morty so it that doesn't give you any indication of the books being hot, schilled auctions or not, I don't know what does. 

How dare you attack Rick & Morty!!

we should only talk good things about that market because otherwise mods will be notified!

17 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

7 sets for #1 and #3 so 14 books in this lot? So just under $30 per book... too rich for me to speculate on but I can see why someone pulled the trigger.

2 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

7 sets for #1 and #3 so 14 books in this lot? So just under $30 per book... too rich for me to speculate on but I can see why someone pulled the trigger.

Definitely since its VF or better. If they were guaranteed NM+ or better, it might be a different story. Isn't Joel McHale tied to this project? If the show comes out and is a hit, then it might be a good deal, but seems like everything he touches doesn't do so well. I don't know. I have a couple of these books. I haven't read the series, but have wanted to. Ive heard good things.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

I just let one of my Q&W #1s go for $15 trade in last week at a local shop. I still have 3 regular #1s and 3 #3s, at least it evened out my pairs. Oh well.

I think I have 20-30 copies of #1. One of the 9.8s, 3 9.6s, a 9.4, and a bunch of raws of the regular cover. A 9.6 and a handful of raws for the variant. I've got the 9.8 and a 9.6 of #3 and a bunch of raws. Waiting for more news…

14 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Yeah, I saw that too. But I expect that for the error. That was hot out of the gate.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, Jaydogrules said:

My take away is that nearly everything associated with the property is rife with either fake hype stoked by speculators and/or fraud.   (shrug)

-J.

Its not that you aren't wrong about some of it, you refuse to just acknowledge that the books are selling well regardless of the fraud.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, kevhtx said:
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

So basically several 100 copies are going to be bought and returned if they don't have the comic inside. 
I would hate to be a DVD/Blue Ray seller because of stuff like this.

I suspect there will be a comic, it will just be fake. I think the comic included was probably easily faked. So, there will be a lot returned when people realize that the seller sold a bunch of fake/bootlegged dvds or blurays.

You missed the point here. Wasn't talking about fraud. Guy buys a Blu Ray and doesn't get the comic is what I am talking about.

7 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I agree that's some cash to gamble. Its a hot book I sold my Goat for $40 in under a day. 

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
2 hours ago, BishopT said:

I just let one of my Q&W #1s go for $15 trade in last week at a local shop. I still have 3 regular #1s and 3 #3s, at least it evened out my pairs. Oh well.

I think I have 20-30 copies of #1. One of the 9.8s, 3 9.6s, a 9.4, and a bunch of raws of the regular cover. A 9.6 and a handful of raws for the variant. I've got the 9.8 and a 9.6 of #3 and a bunch of raws. Waiting for more news…

Get liquid and keep your high grades. Too many copies thin it down some. 2c

Edited by fastballspecial