• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Its not that you aren't wrong about some of it, you refuse to just acknowledge that the books are selling well regardless of the fraud.

I think at this point, some are just showing up because they want to argue some more about it. They keep stating their opinions over and over just trying to ignite more argument in here about it. Best to ignore them.

27 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Wow, Lethal Protector #1 Black is crazy right now. A 9.8 sold about a month ago for $3k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Lethal-Protector-Error-1993/152750372476?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Hot book of the week:

Thor #700 1:100 Hughes Variant

People must not be aware that they let retailers with store exclusives qualify for this. There are online sites with 50 copies of this book!

1 minute ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

People must not be aware that they let retailers with store exclusives qualify for this. There are online sites with 50 copies of this book!

The picture going around online is of Unknown Comics.  They sold out of their preorders.  Only online dealers I saw that still had preorders prior to release had markups to $250ish.  

42 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Wow, Lethal Protector #1 Black is crazy right now. A 9.8 sold about a month ago for $3k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Lethal-Protector-Error-1993/152750372476?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Hot book of the week:

Thor #700 1:100 Hughes Variant

Also, not that they have gone from over $200 a week ago to $150ish today.

22 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

I'd honestly say check out mcs's weekly auctions. They criminally under grade auction lots, and also no one bids. It's a recipe for success lol 

#1 MCS Modern actions usually don't sell for what they should, agreed.

#2 Website auctions in general suffer because they don't have have apps and are therefore inconvenient. Therefore I don't bother.

#3 Buyers premium.

#4 MCS horrible grading. Yes, I said they don't grade fair.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

When I made my monthly pre-order with DCBS it was already unavailable. I did manage to grab one from a local store (and a couple for fellow Valiant fans)

And what I find interesting is that while DCBS still has the Quantum & Woody #1 1:50 variants available for pre-order, the 1:20 chase foil variants are not. Those may be one to watch.