• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

You mean the variant right. I am just talking about the normal Rust issue. 

Both the LE and reg version dropped significantly since they were first exploited 3 years ago while MS13 has been growing in value for well over a decade (a 9.8 MS13 regular non negative error version sold on 2017-07-26 for $775)

There is no reason why the former will outperform the latter at this point based on what we know

8 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I may have been the last legit bid @ $236 on that auction.. I want a copy but for $300+ keep it.. I wish more copies would become available to flood the market and drop the price..

21 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Both the LE and reg version dropped significantly since they were first exploited 3 years ago while MS13 has been growing in value for well over a decade (a 9.8 MS13 regular non negative error version sold on 2017-07-26 for $775)

There is no reason why the former will outperform the latter at this point based on what we know

I never said outperform I just said room to grow. I look at appreciation. MS13 has gone out of my buying zone. 
The other book hasn't I will buy them cheap in high grade all day long. I wont buy MS13 anymore because it too
costly and for me it doesn't meet my risk reward threshold anymore.

I am not discouraging MS13 in anyway I just think its past the investment level for me.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:49 PM, jmatt said:

Well, just for the record, I paid $2559 with shipping for 76 copies.  The books are in pretty darn good condition.  

On 7/15/2017 at 11:41 PM, fastballspecial said:

You better hope so

On 7/15/2017 at 11:42 PM, ygogolak said:

:whatthe:

On 7/16/2017 at 7:28 AM, Logan510 said:

:eek:

Are these for slabbing / flipping or do you just really love X-O Manowar #1?

15 hours ago, jmatt said:

y4mCToakExKzi16X9OYCLOHvxpexlfSGXbyY5nBy

y4mfngDMHgaoU0rqatAd56NCjbSh_zyENegdOLh0

y4mEXE7cOD0tq0nwjTZ_5zfZ09o_KE4L955X3EmL

y4m0CDev4V2WIs6X-jYWSBxKyeYeT4zxlLTHRW2M

Just thought I'd save everyone else the trouble as well as letting the people that originally commented on it be updated.........

Well played, sir. I wish we knew what happened with all the other lots that people bought (especially that NYX 3!).

Doesn't seem worth the effort financially unless he's really into having a ton of X-O #1's (shrug)

I guess if he can get the current GPA for all the 9.8's it'd be worth it.

Edited by Logan510

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

Doesn't seem worth the effort financially unless he's really into having a ton of X-O #1's (shrug)

Definitely money to be made if close to GPA is achieved. Lot of work though.

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Thanks for the update. What did the breakdown of grades end up at?

31 at 9.8

27 at 9.6

17 rejected at the 9.6 pre-screen.

1 of the original 76 was a junk issue that I presume the LCS who sold them picked from his bin and threw into the lot.  That was not submitted.

Edited by jmatt

23 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Definitely money to be made if close to GPA is achieved. Lot of work though.

Yeah but the low liquidity of that many copies means the profit he does make will end up being dwarfed by the potential profit he could have seen through diversifying inventory. Even if he blows out copies at low prices initially to recoup some of his investment quickly he poisons the perceived value of his remaining stock.

2 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Really?  77% of the lot came back slabbed and it's still not worth it?  Jeez, tough crowd.  lol  By my reckoning, at current average sale prices, I'm up over $2500.

But yes, I actually am enjoying just having a ton of X-O #1s.  It's my favorite title.

I'm not in any hurry.  Eventually, I'll put them up for sale one at a time; no intention of flooding the market.