• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Very strong couple of weeks for early and current moderns.

X-force 8 Sales are very good NM seeing $10-15 

X-force 11 Doing even better at $15-20 and climbing.

Be interesting to see if X-force 19 starts to catch fire too.

WMD series is selling very strong. Back issues of Weapon X and TAH are both selling very well with Hulk 19 going for $15 currently.
This whole storyline looks to be under printed and in demand. What's really nice? Not a lot of Variants for the run except for WMD.
Its also nice that story so far isn't bad and readers seem to like it. I cant keep a copy of Hulk 19 more then a day currently and get 
requests for Hulk 20 and Weapon X as readers missed early books. 

Dead of Winter 1 seems to be doing well locally it has sold very well and my LCS that had at least 100 is down to maybe 10. The artist
is local so they ordered heavy.

Robotech 1 was also a sellout locally with that ArtGerm cover leading the way, but it sold well across the board here locally.

Black 1 selling well due to movie hype

New Avengers 8 and 10 seeing good movement. 

Good Lord Spawn 175 just keeps moving. I thought I was bright when I sold my copies at $20-25 each.

Zombie Tramp origins sold well which reprints the original series unsure how the rest of the series did, but 1 sold well overall.

Bride of Venom 3 still selling well, but I would be a seller and not a buyer in this book.

Spawn newsstands doing very well overall rarer the newsstand better it does.

good list, thanks

New Avengers 8-10 are still selling well, though NA #10 isn't a full appearance of Thane (see Infinity #4) but people still want it and it's not as easy to find multiple copies of in one spot as some may think.

Spawn homage covers are moving up, especially slabs, and it doesn't even have to be a sketch variant

Happy! Looks like the trailer will do the mini series justice and if you scooped up several sets when they hit the 50 cent bins, it's all profit now

14 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

NA #10 isn't a full appearance of Thane (see Infinity #4)

Thanks  for confirming that. I read that issue several times and noticed that Thane is only mentioned by name but never actually appears in New Avengers #10.

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You can buy it cheaper on eBay, heck cheaper on these boards.

I cant find one cheaper on ebay?? First print. And i have to consider postage costs when buying international can be around $40 extra. 

So whats the theory on this comic going forward? I say overhyped. 

Is it likely to increase in value? Or decline?

1 minute ago, Wolverine3 said:

I cant find one cheaper on ebay?? First print. And i have to consider postage costs when buying international can be around $40 extra. 

So whats the theory on this comic going forward? I say overhyped. 

Is it likely to increase in value? Or decline?

There is one up on ebay now 7hrs remaining 4 bidders 8 bids already at $30 US

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The one i can get is a 9.8

Thoughts? CGC 9.8 have been selling for $200-$300 

I just want an opinion if the book is going to increase in value from here or if it has been overhyped, short lived with only an animated film locked in

4 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:

I just want an opinion if the book is going to increase in value from here or if it has been overhyped, short lived with only an animated film locked in

my opinion is that its pretty effing tough to tell in the polybag if its 9.8 or not.  The character has been around awhile, and they've been pushing.  I don't think the value would decrease too much over time, and there's a chance it would spike hard if they had a Miles cameo in a future spidey movie.  I don't think too many people on these boards would buy a polybagged copy at $40.  Maybe if they were 1) really experienced with CGC grading and 2) had the chance to examine the comic in person. 

If you're both of those and sure its a 9.8, then its a no brainer.  You can buy it now, grade it for $35 dollars, and sell it for at least $200 in 3 months.  The fact that you're asking the question means both conditions probably aren't true, which means it probably isn't worth it for you. 

19 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:

I wouldn't trust anyone advertising a 9.8 still in the bag. Having opened some myself, it's not something that can really be seen until you get proper light on the spine.

Edited by ygogolak

13 minutes ago, revat said:

my opinion is that its pretty effing tough to tell in the polybag if its 9.8 or not.  The character has been around awhile, and they've been pushing.  I don't think the value would decrease too much over time, and there's a chance it would spike hard if they had a Miles cameo in a future spidey movie.  I don't think too many people on these boards would buy a polybagged copy at $40.  Maybe if they were 1) really experienced with CGC grading and 2) had the chance to examine the comic in person. 

If you're both of those and sure its a 9.8, then its a no brainer.  You can buy it now, grade it for $35 dollars, and sell it for at least $200 in 3 months.  The fact that you're asking the question means both conditions probably aren't true, which means it probably isn't worth it for you. 

I am not experienced with CGC grading. It was bought brand new, never removed from bag, not one fingerprint on the book, stored well. It's worth the risk for only $45 i guess.

11 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:

I am not experienced with CGC grading. It was bought brand new, never removed from bag, not one fingerprint on the book, stored well. It's worth the risk for only $45 i guess.

If you want to learn, you should probably buy it and send it in for grading. Being in the bag doesn't mean anything in terms of grade.

16 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:
32 minutes ago, revat said:

if its still in the bag, I wouldn't be too concerned with fingerprints. I WOULD be concerned with dents and creases along the spine as well as the overall flatness of the book.  But $45 means different things to different people, and it may be worth the gamble (or learning experience) for you.  I know when I was less experienced, I sent in a perfect comic in a sealed polybag for grading to CGC.  Got a 9.2.  CGC also doesn't care about the bag, so if you don't want to waste grading money, you should probably take it out ahead of time and look it over.  The problem is that its worth more in the bag because of potential....

Its like Schroedinger's Cat.  Both perfect and not perfect inside the bag.  Or something.

Never, I mean never, trust any seller that is touting a book in a sealed Polybag as 9.8.  This is nigh impossible to tell even in great lighting conditions with book in hand looking from all angles.  I wouldn't even trust a "9.4" grade from anyone.  I personally have 4 copies of this book, all of which looked to be maybe 9.4 or better in bag, to find out not a single copy hits that mark if I'm not mistaken.  I take books out of polybags if I'm going to sell them.  I keep the bag folded up behind the backing board. If buyers really want the bag that bad they have it.  

3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Never, I mean never, trust any seller that is touting a book in a sealed Polybag as 9.8.  This is nigh impossible to tell even in great lighting conditions with book in hand looking from all angles.  I wouldn't even trust a "9.4" grade from anyone.  I personally have 4 copies of this book, all of which looked to be maybe 9.4 or better in bag, to find out not a single copy hits that mark if I'm not mistaken.  I take books out of polybags if I'm going to sell them.  I keep the bag folded up behind the backing board. If buyers really want the bag that bad they have it.  

I agree with you 100% about not trusting any grading that is still in the Polybag.  Having said that, if a comic "looks 9.6/9.8" that is good enough for me.  There's something about a NM book in a sealed Polybag that is very enjoyable to have.

3 of my favorites...

20170807_221945.thumb.jpg.2c470f4b90478212a68cacc107102349.jpg

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I agree with you 100% about not trusting any grading that is still in the Polybag.  Having said that, if a comic "looks 9.6/9.8" that is good enough for me.  There's something about a NM book in a sealed Polybag that is very enjoyable to have.

3 of my favorites...

20170807_221945.thumb.jpg.2c470f4b90478212a68cacc107102349.jpg

I agree it is nice to have them still in the polybag for posterity/aesthetics.