• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Wolverine3 said:

NA 10 is Thanes first appearance.

marvel have said it themselves.

infinity 4 is first named 

The argument is...does a character have to be named to be considered first appearance? I dont think so.

I wrote this on another board:

"Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I pulled these books out over the weekend and did some reading. Yes, the Marvel Wiki says the first appearance of Thane is NA #10. Facts are three small panels in Inhuman form, does not speak, not named "Thane".

In Infinity #4, the book is titled "Thane". We get one page of him in Inhuman form, where he is called "Healer" and he speaks on this page. One full page of his body mutating after Black Bolt triggers a Terrigen bomb. We then get a two panel page of Healer transformed into the Thane we all know and love. So this issue he speaks, appears in multiple pages, and transforms into Thane. Could be labed "First issue as Thane".

Also Infinity #4 rocks because Thor and Cap are cool as hell in this. "

Also,

Now for the Black Order (Cull Obsidian)

"NA#8, we get appearances of 4 of the 5 members of the Black Order: Corvus Glaive, Ebony Maw, Black Dwarf, and Proxima Midnight (man these names rule). One panel each. Missing is Supergiant (Probably because that name blows). They are not named, just a brief glimpse is shown.

NA #9, The Black Order is on the cover. I repeat, they are on the cover. All five.the book is Titled "The Cull Obsidian" (Thanos' name for the Black Order). In the Infinity series, usually in each book they would have a roll call of all the characters in said book after a "Previously in Infinity" first page, the Black Order is in the roll call for the first time in this Saga. Shows Supergiant (First?). Thanos gives them their orders and they proceed to whip major badonkadonk on the MU. All except poor Black Dwarf, who can't handle the T'challa. After that rousing introduction to this space opera, the Black Order takes a bow and has a bio page at the end of the story, each member getting a little write up. So, First time shown together, first time being named the Black Order, first cover, and first time showing their names (except maybe Corvus Glaive, is he in the FCBD Infinity Preview? I don't have that). The Black Order owns this book.

Two questions/thoughts came to me while reading these books. First, the back covers make for some interesting grading. NA #8 has a ad for THE Bureau video game. The ad incorporates fingerprints and smudges in it's design. Drove me crazy wondering if I put those there lol. And as for the other INfinity/NA books, many have a Harley Davidson ad that has a white border but has dirt/smoke in the design. lol smh

Also, what if the Free Digital Copy stickers are missing. Is that considered an incomplete when grading? "

2 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I wrote this on another board:

"Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I pulled these books out over the weekend and did some reading. Yes, the Marvel Wiki says the first appearance of Thane is NA #10. Facts are three small panels in Inhuman form, does not speak, not named "Thane".

In Infinity #4, the book is titled "Thane". We get one page of him in Inhuman form, where he is called "Healer" and he speaks on this page. One full page of his body mutating after Black Bolt triggers a Terrigen bomb. We then get a two panel page of Healer transformed into the Thane we all know and love. So this issue he speaks, appears in multiple pages, and transforms into Thane. Could be labed "First issue as Thane".

Also Infinity #4 rocks because Thor and Cap are cool as hell in this. "

WTTB!

I read these  when they first came out and didn't remember exactly how his appearances broke down. I did remember reading/seeing him in NA #10. I think you have a valid argument but only time will show us which one people choose. I've sold all but 1 of my NA #10 and still have lots of Infinity runs. I'd love to see Infinity #4 take off. The  series was excellent as were the Hickman written Avengers books. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Lonzilla said:

NA 10 is a brief cameo at best. Even less than Gamora's cameo in ST #180 which is regarded at her "1st appearance" by those who just sell books but don't actually read them.

It's black and white there are no real grey areas here. 

He clearly appears in NA 10 i agree its not much of an appearance but thats the way Marvel wanted it done. 

He is sought out, found in which the images clearly show then on the next page it is confirmed that it is Thane. 

Not sure how anyone could say it is NOT his first appearance. 

I found one cgc graded sale from back in 2014. There is no mention of Thane first appearance on the label. 

I have contacted cgc to give a reason why. If Marvel themselves say it is his first appearance in a comic book then it's hard to argue anything else

5 hours ago, Wolverine3 said:

It's black and white there are no real grey areas here. 

He clearly appears in NA 10 i agree its not much of an appearance but thats the way Marvel wanted it done. 

He is sought out, found in which the images clearly show then on the next page it is confirmed that it is Thane. 

Not sure how anyone could say it is NOT his first appearance. 

I found one cgc graded sale from back in 2014. There is no mention of Thane first appearance on the label. 

I have contacted cgc to give a reason why. If Marvel themselves say it is his first appearance in a comic book then it's hard to argue anything else

Where did Marvel say it was his first appearance?

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Man Totally Awesome Hulk 22 is on fire I sold 3 last night. The last 2 were BIN hits that didn't last an hour.

That and I am tired of reading about Thane's 1st app.

Is this the next NYX #3?  probably not but anything can happen.  

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Man Totally Awesome Hulk 22 is on fire I sold 3 last night. The last 2 were BIN hits that didn't last an hour.

18 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Is this the next NYX #3?  probably not but anything can happen.  

It's crazy that they're going for $40-50 now... this is one of the few books I've spec'd on, and bought 3 raws... I was planning on just keeping them long-term to see if years down the road, Weapon H / Batch H actually becomes a long-term character... but at these prices, maybe I should sell 2 and keep 1 long-term? A Hulk/Wolverine mash-up just doesn't feel like a character that would have staying power...

5 hours ago, CKinTO said:

It's crazy that they're going for $40-50 now... this is one of the few books I've spec'd on, and bought 3 raws... I was planning on just keeping them long-term to see if years down the road, Weapon H / Batch H actually becomes a long-term character... but at these prices, maybe I should sell 2 and keep 1 long-term? A Hulk/Wolverine mash-up just doesn't feel like a character that would have staying power...

107.50?!! Let me say again.. 107.50. This is crazy insane

IMG_5688.PNG

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Weapon X #7 is his 2nd appearance. :gossip: Also is starting to take off.

when I picked up my Weapon X #7 and Totally Awesome Hulk 22 ,I also picked up an Exiles #86 and Battleworld #3 set of both variants do you think the 3 could have potential to be harder to pick up later.

Edited by comicsyte95

Well, I for one am shocked at the Totally Awesome Hulk #22 going for over $100. Of course, knew it would be hot being sold out over a week in advance (maybe two, i'm not sure), but christ. I was at Soda City Comic Con this Saturday and someone had it up as a wall book for $20... I thought THAT was crazy. Just glad that I managed to get at least one when it dropped, I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on this. Now, to see what the staying power is, and if WMD #1 regular cover receives a bump.