• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Print run+ Zombie Tramp is actually readable IMO. 

Both titles clearly dont have the comic book reader in mind so I wouldnt try evaluating them as decent literature

But as far as popularity? Zombie Tramp has had what? 17 titles overall? Its currently at issue #40

GFT has been around longer, has had over 130 (!) titles, its currently at vol II with over 130 books previous to that

A quick glance on eBay shows me a little over 1,000 items for zombie  and over 14k for GFT

GFT produces alot more volume and grosses more money, its 1st issues are in the teens when it comes to print run, so that clearly isnt a draw for its collector-base

Yet with Zombie Tramp it is... Amazing

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

What does it have to do with it?

how popular is zombie tramp in comparison to GFT?

Zombie orders are about 6k compared to 4k for Grimms.

That auction was for the self published and there is only 1 graded #1 on the census. These are probably new because there are no #2 9.8 SS's on the census.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That auction was for the self published and there is only 1 graded #1 on the census. These are probably new because there are no #2 9.8 SS's on the census.

Youre comparing 1 title of Zombie to 5-6 of GFT

And thats just from the past 2 months, GFT sales were probably a littler weak, just a little, but still much stronger overall

Go back a couple of months and see how ZT compares to GFT. No comparison

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

And thats just from the past 2 months, GFT sales were probably a littler weak, just a little, but still much stronger overall

Zombie tramp has been hot for two years I'd say. At least that's when I started picking them up. But what's last week have to do with today anyway?

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

ZT's creator actively involves himself with fans. He travels to conventions everywhere and is very active on several Social Media platforms.

GFT doesn't focus on one character. ZT has a loyal following. The book is humorous. I am not saying its for everyone, but GFT appeals to a different buyer that doesn't seem to be as loyal.

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

ZT's creator actively involves himself with fans. He travels to conventions everywhere and is very active on several Social Media platforms.

GFT doesn't focus on one character. ZT has a loyal following. The book is humorous. I am not saying its for everyone, but GFT appeals to a different buyer that doesn't seem to be as loyal.

Loyalty has NOTHING to do with popularity and sales (shrug)

On 9/9/2017 at 9:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Power Girl 27 - Approaching $100 raw

I remember buying it when it came out because I was subscribed from when Amanda Conner was originally the artist, and can't really say I remember this issue besides it being the final issue.

Any particular reason this book is heating up? Cover image I take it?

4 hours ago, austinhg said:

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Power Girl 27 - Approaching $100 raw

I remember buying it when it came out because I was subscribed from when Amanda Conner was originally the artist, and can't really say I remember this issue besides it being the final issue.

Any particular reason this book is heating up? Cover image I take it?

Depends are you from Northern Indiana or down South where good Hoosiers live like me?

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Depends are you from Northern Indiana or down South where good Hoosiers live like me?

I was raised down in the Southeastern part of the state, but moved up to Indianapolis for school and stayed for work.

I miss it a lot - mostly because I miss my old comic store.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:11 PM, austinhg said:

I was raised down in the Southeastern part of the state, but moved up to Indianapolis for school and stayed for work.

I miss it a lot - mostly because I miss my old comic store.

Just moved to Indy in April, the shops around here seem pretty good. Still looking for one with a lot of back stock though.

Nice to see some other Hoosiers on the board.