• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

It is doing well, but all my shops have at least 20 copies each still the print run has to be a monster.

Distribution according to Comichron was over 80,000 for #1 and 44,000+ for issue #2. Outcast had significantly lower distribution and started off hotter than this book. 

Kirkman has 2 really low distribution hits with TWD and Invincible but unfortunately, this higher printed stuff seems to have a low ceiling. 

I don't have GPA, but I believe, merc with a mouth #7 is selling slightly better or for more now in 9.6/9.8. 

Probably just movie buzz and people looking up deadpool, but no announcements about introducing lady deadpool or the other first appearances in that book for theatres.....but hopefully it garners general interest. :)

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't have GPA, but I believe, merc with a mouth #7 is selling slightly better or for more now in 9.6/9.8. 

Probably just movie buzz and people looking up deadpool, but no announcements about introducing lady deadpool or the other first appearances in that book for theatres.....but hopefully it garners general interest. :)

It's actually down on the 90 day 9.8. 12 month is $50 less than 2016. 9.6 is about the same as 2016.

Maybe you are just noticing it now. It has been a $40 raw book for a couple years now.

But FYI, Rob said she would not appear for a while, if at all, in a movie on his IG.

2 hours ago, the authority said:

Batgirl #23B is hot before it even hits the shelves. It is a great piece of art and there is buzz just about everywhere. 

that's nuts. I'm going straight to Midtown tomorrow to get my copy. I assume they'll have it as 1 per, at least I really hope they do now.   

9 minutes ago, speedcake said:

that's nuts. I'm going straight to Midtown tomorrow to get my copy. I assume they'll have it as 1 per, at least I really hope they do now.   

It's a very sharp cover in person too vs just the computer screen----clean cover art that simply stands out.  I can see this being sought after for quite some time. 

5 minutes ago, speedcake said:

No go. got there at around 9:30 this morning and they were sold out in all three locations. Le sigh

Really?  Wow.  That surprises me as they would probably have ordered a decent amount more than any average shop I think....

A LCS was selling the Batgirl 23 for $20 a piece yesterday! 

That got me wondering, Ive heard there are rules that prevent a store from selling comics early to customers are theres rules on pricing new comic (ie not ratio variants)?

21 minutes ago, Avi said:

A LCS was selling the Batgirl 23 for $20 a piece yesterday! 

That got me wondering, Ive heard there are rules that prevent a store from selling comics early to customers are theres rules on pricing new comic (ie not ratio variants)?

What rule is there for selling to a customer early? That's called a pull-list. Maybe you mean physically giving a comic to person before Wednesday?
Stores can charge whatever they want. Depending on where you live, they may not be able to change the sale price when you bring it to the register if it has a price sticker on it.