• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Only thing from that bunch I took a chance with was the Champions 2nd prints because I was betting their numbers are very low. 

The TT special I really liked, but I stayed away from it when they really couldn't confirm a strong app and are selling it as a cameo instead.

The rest are just modern flips that didn't excite me and spec sites have to push something.

i grabbed several champ sets for long holds. no one had it to order pre foc. print run is tiny. if that character does anything at all that set will skyrocket.

7 hours ago, williamblood said:

i grabbed several champ sets for long holds. no one had it to order pre foc. print run is tiny. if that character does anything at all that set will skyrocket.

Character was a cool idea the first time they did it. Just another "reprint" as seems to be the usual now from Marvel.

15 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Certainly nothing that caught my attention at the time.  If anything he just looked "cool".  And I guess the idea of a guy who looks like a ninja with swords and guns seemed appealing.

I guess as I've gotten older, my tastes in comics has moved away from "cool" art and somewhat towards a good (compelling) story.  And I guess I just figured if they're making a movie based on this character, there must be a good origin/character depth to support it.

This guy looked cool too Splice

In all seriousness I liked Deadpool as a bad guy in the 90s

It appears the ASM 4 train is running out of gas already.  I see nice copies of the regular cover going for $40 - $50 now.  Lasted about a week which seems about right for modern surges and drops.

Edited by 1Cool

8 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

It appears the ASM 4 train is running out of gas already.  I see nice copies of the regular cover going for $40 - $50 now.  Lasted about a week which seems about right for modern surges and drops.

It's all about the wave. Got to know when to sell and when to buy

35 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

It use to be a nice wave effect.  Now it's more like a mountain meets cliff effect going on.  And we seem to be acting more and more like lemmings.  I didn't see any at the Con last weekend so I stayed clear of this one so I'm not hating on the players but the game just seems loco right now.

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:
7 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

It use to be a nice wave effect.  Now it's more like a mountain meets cliff effect going on.  And we seem to be acting more and more like lemmings.  I didn't see any at the Con last weekend so I stayed clear of this one so I'm not hating on the players but the game just seems loco right now.

We depend too much on others now to tell us what we need to buy or speculate on. Most of the time its just a guess with out solid sales to back up the statement. Eventually that aspect will leave the hobby. 

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

it is for sure.  I try to keep up with some "Hot" books when they come out and I did not pre-order them, but mostly just stick to what I would like and collect in the first place, regardless of whether anyone else cares.  If I just happened to order extra copies of a great book IMO from the get go, sweet!  And to be honest, yes, sometimes I just pre-order stuff I think others would like, and put sets together to sell later.  Anyhow, a few recent sales if any are interested, nothing special:

Edge of Venomverse_#1-5_1st Print_Complete Set/Series_NM/better- $39.99 free Priority Env.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2011)_#5A_VF 8.0_IDW- $24.99 free 1st class box

Green Lantern (2005)_#25_VF/NM 9.0- $14.99 free 1st class box

New Avengers (vol.1)_#11 _NM- 9.2+- $11.99 + 1st class shipping

8 hours ago, 1Cool said:

This when buyers buy on a dip. Supply and Demand are meeting currently. From here we should see slower appreciation now that they I gotta have it now crowd is appeased.

Edited by fastballspecial

It is surprising to me that Sony has the movie rights to Silk and Miles Morales.  They were both created a long time after Sony bought the Spider-Man universe movie rights.  It is interesting that Sony gets the rights to anything that Marvel creates within the Spider-Man umbrella.  You would think that Marvel would avoid creating new characters within the Spider-Man family if they weren't going to get the movie rights to them.  It seems like they could have created Silk in a way that would allow them to keep her movie rights away from Sony.  It would be interesting to see how the contract reads. 

Edited by CDaBruce
typo

1 hour ago, CDaBruce said:

It is surprising to me that Sony has the movie rights to Silk and Miles Morales.  They were both created a long time after Sony bought the Spider-Man universe movie rights.  It is interesting that Sony gets the rights to anything that Marvel creates within the Spider-Man umbrella.  You would think that Marvel would avoid creating new characters within the Spider-Man family if they weren't going to get the movie rights to them.  It seems like they could have created Silk in a way that would allow them to keep her movie rights away from Sony.  It would be interesting to see how the contract reeds. 

The same rules applied to Fox and the X-Men franchise.  I think there was an unspoken rule from Marvel that creators weren't allowed to create new X characters (or something along those lines).  Frankly, I think it's dumb that Marvel allows movie rights to dictate what it does in the comic books.  The last few years it's been more detrimental to the storytelling of the printed material.

2 hours ago, CDaBruce said:

It is surprising to me that Sony has the movie rights to Silk and Miles Morales.  They were both created a long time after Sony bought the Spider-Man universe movie rights.  It is interesting that Sony gets the rights to anything that Marvel creates within the Spider-Man umbrella.  You would think that Marvel would avoid creating new characters within the Spider-Man family if they weren't going to get the movie rights to them.  It seems like they could have created Silk in a way that would allow them to keep her movie rights away from Sony.  It would be interesting to see how the contract reeds. 

The demand for those too is pretty impressive. I sold 3 Newsstand copies of UF4 a few weeks back with no issue at all. Long term I like these 2 characters much better then Gwen they have a better upside.

12 hours ago, CDaBruce said:

...You would think that Marvel would avoid creating new characters within the Spider-Man family if they weren't going to get the movie rights to them...

Writers LOVE this.

On 7/2/2018 at 8:00 AM, kevhtx said:

Writers LOVE this.

It definitely limits them.  .

On 7/1/2018 at 9:43 PM, fastballspecial said:

The demand for those too is pretty impressive. I sold 3 Newsstand copies of UF4 a few weeks back with no issue at all. Long term I like these 2 characters much better then Gwen they have a better upside.

I passed on Miles for a long time but was happy to pick up some UF4s at the SF Con a few weeks back.  Cool character.  

On 7/1/2018 at 9:01 PM, ExNihilo said:

The same rules applied to Fox and the X-Men franchise.  I think there was an unspoken rule from Marvel that creators weren't allowed to create new X characters (or something along those lines).  Frankly, I think it's dumb that Marvel allows movie rights to dictate what it does in the comic books.  The last few years it's been more detrimental to the storytelling of the printed material.

X-Men was my favorite read back in the 80's.  Not so much anymore.  This could have a lot to do with it.  

On 6/29/2018 at 11:57 AM, 1Cool said:

so pivot to the Spider-Man Noir miniseries.

8 hours ago, kimik said:

I am not sure why seeing ASM #4 regular going for $40-$50 is a bad thing? That book was basically dead at $15 for months before this. It is still going strong IMHO. (shrug)

I liked it better when it was a $60-80 book :baiting: