• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, newshane said:

It was a private sale, so out of respect for the buyer, I'd rather not say.

Was well into the four-figure range though.

Fair enough. Blue or yellow label? I'm looking for a 9.8 blue myself. Also working on the homage run (221 to 231).

1 hour ago, Spawn1709 said:

Fair enough. Blue or yellow label? I'm looking for a 9.8 blue myself. Also working on the homage run (221 to 231).

Blue.

Just now, newshane said:

Blue.

Nice. I think, based off of the 9.6 for sale, that a 9.8 would sell for about $15,000 to $20,000. Insane prices! As a Spawn collector myself, I'm screwed. Between this copy, the 189 sketch, the 222 Kudranski variant, and the 1 black error variant, I have my work cut out for me.

26 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Nice. I think, based off of the 9.6 for sale, that a 9.8 would sell for about $15,000 to $20,000. Insane prices! As a Spawn collector myself, I'm screwed. Between this copy, the 189 sketch, the 222 Kudranski variant, and the 1 black error variant, I have my work cut out for me.

There a few very  recent that keep climbing also.. 280 Mattina, 283 image expo and 285 megacon 

Oh and I really want 221 sketch but a) never see it for sale  b) will not be able to afford the asking price should it ever appear. 

1 hour ago, Spawn1709 said:

Keep a close eye on both the active ones. I think things will change before it closes based on the bidder running it up.

56 minutes ago, MGH said:

There a few very  recent that keep climbing also.. 280 Mattina, 283 image expo and 285 megacon 

Oh and I really want 221 sketch but a) never see it for sale  b) will not be able to afford the asking price should it ever 

the Amazing Fantasy 15 homage right? That one's a beauty! 

17 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

I wonder how much a 9.8 would be? I saw one for $100,000 (I think comiclink auctions) but it's not selling. Either way, I'm interested to see what the final price will be.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to comission Todd to do a sketch instead 

59 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I cant be the only one shocked to see Youngblood 2 a $10-15 comic lol.

I bought some extra copies (fine to very fine range) last month to fill out the Rob Liefeld Fan Club page with my LCS guys' information as a joke. Do I dare destroy two copies of a book that is leaving the quarter bins for the $2 boxes?

21 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

Speaking of runs, is the spawn homage run through 221-231 only or are there others? Been collecting these too.

18 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Speaking of runs, is the spawn homage run through 221-231 only or are there others? Been collecting these too.

The 220 - 231 is homage's of famous comic covers (Action Comics #1, Amazing Fantasy 15, etc). They come in colour versions and variant sketches (which are all 1:25, besides issue 224, which is a 1:10). I think there are other homage covers, but these are the main ones. They are the rarest, most valuable, and most sought-after homage books for Spawn collectors. 

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I cant be the only one shocked to see Youngblood 2 a $10-15 comic lol.

Interesting thoughts and questions going on with Youngblood 2.

How big really was the print run with #2 compared to #1?

It has the first appearance of a character named Prophet created by Liefeld. Whatever the comics community might think of him he is bank with Hollywood because he is now known as the creator of Deadpool and Cable. Proof of this is he signed that mega deal with Netflix.

Also there are two versions of Youngblood #2. One is green, while the other is red. I wonder which one is truly the first print of his first appearance?

prophet-fumetto.jpg

27 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Interesting thoughts and questions going on with Youngblood 2.

How big really was the print run with #2 compared to #1?

It has the first appearance of a character named Prophet created by Liefeld. Whatever the comics community might think of him he is bank with Hollywood because he is now known as the creator of Deadpool and Cable. Proof of this is he signed that mega deal with Netflix.

Also there are two versions of Youngblood #2. One is green, while the other is red. I wonder which one is truly the first print of his first appearance?

prophet-fumetto.jpg

Well, here you go then! Nicest one I've seen. ;)